Used 2012 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love my Raptor
By Jaime brown

2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

When you are going from a Shelby GT500 to a pickup truck just any truck will not do. My Raptor has smoother ride on bumpy roads and its preformance helps make up for not driving the Shelby. It is great in the winter snow as well.

Not so Eco Friendly Eco Boost
By Brand

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2012 F150 Lariat with 80K miles on it. It now has 90K miles on it and I'm getting rid of it and here's why.... Pro's: very comfortable ride, plenty of power when not having issues, lots of storage space and rear seat space, interior quality is nice. Cons': the ecoboost engine has been getting worse and worse gas mileage the more I drive it. I get about 12.5 mpg city and 18 hwy. As mentioned by several others, it has a serious lag problem when you go to accelerate past a vehicle. First time I had this happen I was traveling up a hill trying to pass a semi truck. The vehicle felt like it was going to shake apart and seems like the transmission is complete junk. Now I've been getting a horrible humming noise any time there's rain or snow at slow speeds and while slowing down. I've had 4 mechanics including ford look at it...I keep getting "we've never heard anything like this before." Ford has been useless in finding a solution to the issue. As nice as the truck looks and rides, it's not worth the engine/transmission issues it will give you. I'd look at at GMC in the same price range.

First Ford-- Last Ford
By JHerrmann

2012 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Never owned a Ford , never will again, besides the ridiculous sticker price on this car, Ford is less than helpful given the handful of issues I have had since I purchased the 2012 in December of 2012. Since then, transmission needed to be REPLACED - 35 days at dealership, brakes were suppossedly done at dealership, only to find out they charged me but never touched the brakes, discovered 4 months later after purchasing the 2nd set of tires for the vehicle. Just spent another 38 days at dealer for stalling issue. Fuse box replaced - Satelite antenae needed to be replaced. Just got in car this am and now the heated seats and the mirror defroster doesnt work. I am so sick of this piece of crap - I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR BUY ANOTHER FORD AGAIN.

2012 F150 ECO BOOST ENGINE JUNK AT 84,000 MILES
By Gregory

2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ford should have warranted there Eco boost engines at100,00 miles so I don't have to replace it at 84,000 miles with my own money.

JUNK!!!
By Brian

2012 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

More problems than anything I have ever owned! Engine was replaced under warranty before I bought the truck (I was not told about this at the time I bought it. Dealer "didn't know"). After owning the truck for 2 years, it STILL does not run right. Tired of taking it to the dealer. Transmission is GARBAGE. Very sloppy shifting and has developed a slipping problem between 2nd-3rd gears. Numerous squeaks and rattles throughout cab. Rear window defroster overheated and caused window to shatter. Had to fight with Ford to get SOME of the cost covered under warranty. Very sloppy repair job, broken glass in the bed and under the back seat when I picked the truck up. There is rust all over the body, the truck is impossible to align. I am sure I am forgetting a few other things as well.
Warranty support from Ford is WORTHLESS!! Either they cannot duplicate/diagnose problems or Ford will not cover the repairs under warranty. Do not let them fool you with "bumper to bumper" warranty coverage! Ford should be embarrassed!