2011 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: 2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboos

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCrew (3.7L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboost (3.5L)
By oreokie on

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford. Ever. When it came time to buy a truck I considered many things. Not indicative of the truck, but surely a measure of the company, was Ford's refusal to take bailout money. The other major "plus" was my review of the Ecoboost engine. Lots of hype, yes, but the motor delivers! I've run about 29,000 miles under her in the last 20 months and I get 17 mpg city and 20 - 21 hwy. Throw 10% ethanol in it and mileage drops 2 mpg both ways, though. Power? TONS of it. I have not hauled a trailer yet. Comfort? Strangely, this truck is more comfortable than any other vehicle I have owned. Twenty-hour drive coming up? OK. Bring it on... Incredible comfort.

LOVE THE MOTOR! My next favorite feature is surely the interior room. Even as recently as today someone commented on how huge the back seat area was. I tell people I could put Shaq back there. They believe me, or at least they don't argue! I like the instrumentation. I have Synch, but not the touch-screen. After reading about the problems with that, I'm glad I don't have it. I had to pull a fuse within a couple of months to fix the Synch system, though. Go figure - the Microsoft part of the truck needed rebooting!

I'm having one nagging problem: front window switches. The left one in particular is flaky to the point that it sometimes goes down instead of up! The one improvement I'd like to see is this: when the headlight switch is set to AUTO there is no way to tell if your lights are on or not, unless you have the fog lights on as well. In that case the fog light indicator (by the switch) lights when the lights are on (and in the low-beam condition). Please put a headlight indicator somewhere in the instrument cluster.