Lovin'my2011
By truckin2011 on
2011 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
While shopping for a new truck I researched the specs and read the reviews of the 5.0L 4x4 truck and compared the Ford to its competition. I must say I was impressed. The F150 was touted to be "best in class". At 1310 miles, turns out the reviews and numbers were right. I am highly impressed with the tow capability, comfort, fuel economy and cabin-extras Ford has included. I'm getting an overall average of 19.2mpg mixed, 21.0 hwy. & 17+ city. My 21', 4000 lb. pontoon boat tows effortlessly. I hardly know it's there and it doesn't impact my mileage too bad during tow (-4mpg). The cabin is the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. Great styling with lotsa room. Great truck !
Favorite Features
The ride is amazing. The truck tows like a monster while purring like a kitten. It takes bumps very well and shifts seamlessly with and without a tow. It has plenty of storage space in the cabin and the seats are very comfortable. Many times the back seats are overlooked for legroom and overall seating comfort but Ford seems to have provided enough to get by in the Supercab model (unlike my 2009 Ranger Supercab). Not as good as a S-Crew but I didn't buy the S-Crew either. I like the SelectShift feature, which allows you lots of options depending on conditions and if you need to lock out overdrive, this is easily accomplished.
Suggested Improvements
The bed is a little deep. Great for hauling more "stuff" but not-so-great for reaching in and retrieving items. This is more a "note" than a complaint. It just means I have to climb in the bed more. The privacy glass tint is great but needs to be applied to the front seat windows too.