2011 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: F150 Ecoboost w/poor fuel econ

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

F150 Ecoboost w/poor fuel economy
By harleytacoma on

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 Ecoboost for 6 months now, have 8500 miles on it, and am very disappointed with the fuel mileage that Im getting (best on HWY is 15.8 & worst is 12.7, 14.075 AVG over the 8500 miles on my truck, calculations were done by hand). My 2008 Tundra was getting better mileage than my Ecoboost, and it was lifted 3 with Oversized 20 wheels. I traded my 2008 Toyota Tundra in on my F150 after viewing the video that Ford produced touting the engineering that went into this truck, the torque it produced, and all this with great fuel economy. Right now Im trying to find a dealership that will buy my F150 so I can go back to a Tundra!

Ford did a great job with the design fit and finish of the Interior on the F150

Fix the fuel economy with the Ecoboost
By flford
on 08/08/12 16:24 PM (PDT)

Sounds like an individual problem that needs to be checked. I have a 2011 4WD SCREW and I have gotten over 21 MPG doing 70 MPH on I95 over 300 miles. That was the best I have seen. Generally I average 19 MPH running 75-80 MPH.

By tri_guy
on 08/14/14 13:24 PM (PDT)

flford - I agree its an individual problem that has arisen on thousands of these trucks with the EB motor and Ford acknowledges a noise, or a rough idle, or , then determines it is "normal" for the EB motor, does not impact performance/longevity, and bids their customer a good day. I hope you conitnue to have good luck with your 2011 EB. I've got a 2011 EB SCrew Lariat 4x4 fro sale. Going to try a 2014 EB as I'm tired of 2-3 service appts a month to diagnose issues Ford acknowledges but cannot resolve with the 2011 EB motor.