My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha on
2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)
I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.
Favorite Features
Ecoboost engine, locking rear diff, steering, brakes (they are huge and have awsome stopping power), and the new off road package which is available in xlt trim. I love the sound of the ecoboost as the turbo chargers spool up. The acceleration is awsome. this is a very fun truck to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I realize I bought a new truck in it's first year of production but I am still not to pleased with the amount of things that have gone wrong. The options on the xlt model are a bit limited. The sticker price on my truck was $41,000.00 and at that price you should be able to get the options you want without having to step up to a model with wood trim and leather seats (both of which I would not want). Some of the options I would have liked to have are a sunroof, dual zone climate control, the sony sound system (the base one is garbage), an AC power outlet and a larger glove box would be nice. There is also no full time all wheel drive like dodge and chevy. This is the option that I miss most.