2011 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Ecoboost performance issues

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (3.7L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Ecoboost performance issues
By philm6 on

2011 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ecoboost provides excellent performance when it runs right. One year later and multiple trips to the dealership to remedy an intermittent power loss and missing on hard acceleration. Gas mileage has been a disappointment. 17 highway and nowhere near the 21 advertised. Plenty of power to tow my classic car and enclosed trailer, but I avoid towing. Can't stand the 5 to 6 mpg when towing. My last service at the dealership was for the 30k service. Found out later I got stiffed for a $200 trans service they never did. When I followed up with the standard customer survey and gave an honest rating I got a nasty text message from technician.

Improve the dealership network and teach them to quit abusing the customers. Ditch the Microsoft SYNC system. Worthless! I tried to believe in Ford and have been burned on my last one. Going to replace my next two company cars with foreign makes. Much better service and reliability with the foreign cars.