Best F-150 I have owned
By edam72 on
2011 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Ford has definately made an improvement in the engine. The 5.0 V8 is very responsive, and the quickest F-150 to date. I have owned a 2001 and a 2005 V8 F150 and this is the fastest and best fuel economy. The first tank I averaged about 15-16 MPG, but I believe that was because I was having fun with the truck. My daily stop and go commute, I have been averaging about 18 MPG and I can get 19 MPG on longer trips using the cruise control. My last F150 was happy to get no more than 15 MPG on a good day. Only problem I have had with this truck is a minor paint defect that the dealer is going to fix. The quietest ride I have had in a truck, practically no wind/road noise.
Favorite Features
Cooled front seats are great, never knew what I was missing, but now would want that feature on my next vehicle too. The onboard computer makes it very easy to set all your preferences and adds nice feature such as 4WD roll display and fuel economy. The fuel economy computer on this vehicle has been the most accurate of any vehicle I have owned. Last thing to mention is the stability control, I have never had such a large vehicle handle so well. I was doing 65 when a car decided to pull out of a slow lane of traffic doing about 20. I had to turn the wheel so hard to the left, no time to brake, and I thought the truck would hit. It had no tire screech, body roll, or adverse reaction.
Suggested Improvements
Make Switching stations easier using steering wheel It is easy to switch between programmed favorites, but when holding down button, you have to time it just right or it will jump 2 or 3 stations instead of one. Having children in the back all the time, it would be nice to have installed side shades you could pull down or up to give extra shade, one for the front would be nice too. Adding to that, having the sun visor be able to extend just a bit more to be able to cover edge of the large front door window.