Used 2011 Ford F-150 XL SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Own up to your problems Ford or we won't own You!
By dannieb

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do Not buy a Ford Ecoboost. My husband & I bought a 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost we loved it so fun to drive, but 70k miles in we started having engine issues. Took it in to the dealer for them to tell me the timing chain was shot and it was a $4k fix with no guarantee that it would fix the problem. A quick google search of this vehicle and I was shocked to see we were not the only one with this same exact issue. There are YouTube videos and forums galore about this engine issue and No recalls from Ford. We got rid of it yesterday before it left us broke and on the side of the road. I won't be returning to a Ford anytime soon after that bad taste in my mouth.

Favorite Features

Roomy cabin, comfortable seats, sleek finishes.

Suggested Improvements

Engine issues

2011 F 150 4wd ecoboost experience....
By jpope02

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When its well its great! Purchased NEW, Doors clunk on rough road surfaces. Been adjusted at dealership 4 different times. Doors still clunking. Ford has NO solution and will not admit to the problem....numerious calls to Ford customer relations been stonewalled! They can't fix this in warantee but say NOW it can be fixed out of warantee if I pay for it! This is @%x#!!!. Timing chain "Death Rattle"... Ford say this won't hurt a thing till it breaks or jumps time and and destroys motor Ford ignored this in warantee but says it's a $2800 problem for me now it's out of warantee...Comfortable,fun truck to drive!! Oh, poor millage.. don't believe Ford's 22mph claim, it' more like 12 mpg!

Favorite Features

Rides great, very comfortable. Will poke a hole in the wind when not in shop. Huge back seat. WILL PASS EVERY THING ON THE ROAD EXCEPT A GAS STATION.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the Door alignment issue. Fix the timing chain stretch/ tensioner DEATH rattle issue. Get more miles out of a set of plugs! [now on set #4, just turned 70,000 highway miles]@ $340 per set installed at dealer all at my expense! Work on better MPG. No one driving one of these gets near the advertised mpg You claim. Try being More open with the public and addressing customer issues rather trying to cover up short comings with stonewalling techniques. Remember, We are Your customers! You are not OURS! We all have choices as to what brand we drive, I hope thatmine will again be a Ford!