2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Air conditioning problem!
By jimcomoe on 10/29/14 19:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the 4x4 with Eco Boost, and its been a great truck. I get many compliments on the look, the royal blue color, and the chrome (plastic) grill. It has 40,000 miles, and just recently I experienced a problem with the air conditioning. When I turn it on, it starts rattling and making a lot of noise. I have to turn it off then back on again several times before it stops. One other minor complaint is when I wash it, drive off, and roll down the windows while it is still wet, a lot of water comes inside. I wish it had those lips above the windows to catch and divert the water running off, like in the older models. It is very likely I will purchase another one in the future.

Mediocre
By spenceratx on 10/07/14 07:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 XLT 4x4 ecoboost supercrew as I needed a larger truck for kiddos. Having driven a Tacoma, that I LOVED, for 13 years, the Ford was going to have to win me over. The acceleration was strong, and the tech features on the inside were pretty good, but that's where the positives ceased. The looks were bland. As others mentioned, the fuel economy was well below advertised - 14.5mpg in mixed driving in the winter. The turbo would flutter on and off under very light acceleration. I didn't want to be holding the bag when it fell apart so I sold it. I come from a Ford family, but if this is what the best selling truck is. No thanks. I'm driving another Tacoma(4D), and love it.

2011 F 150 4wd ecoboost experience....
By jpope02 on 10/06/14 22:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When its well its great! Purchased NEW, Doors clunk on rough road surfaces. Been adjusted at dealership 4 different times. Doors still clunking. Ford has NO solution and will not admit to the problem....numerious calls to Ford customer relations been stonewalled! They can't fix this in warantee but say NOW it can be fixed out of warantee if I pay for it! This is @%x#!!!. Timing chain "Death Rattle"... Ford say this won't hurt a thing till it breaks or jumps time and and destroys motor Ford ignored this in warantee but says it's a $2800 problem for me now it's out of warantee...Comfortable,fun truck to drive!! Oh, poor millage.. don't believe Ford's 22mph claim, it' more like 12 mpg!

Ecoboost great concept, terrible execution in first year!
By tri_guy on 08/14/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

When it works, the 3.5L twin turbo V-6 known as the "Ecoboost" is amazing. 21+ mpg, 365 HP & 425 trq. A great combination of daily driver with nearly 10K tow capacity. First 55K miles were great, but the 2011 EB relies on multiple ECU "systems" to attain this peak performance, and if anything is not working perfectly, mileage, power, and driveability fall-off quickly. Ford still has not acknowledged any issues that do exist with the 2011 version of this motor. Humidity. Coils. Valvetrain rattles at startup. Hood shaking misfire at idle. Black on chrome tailpipe. I would not buy a 2011 EB again. Maybe 2014, now that the 2011 bugs Ford never admitted have been worked out. 2011 EB - Stay away!!

My 5.0. Super crew xlt xtr
By carstryke on 12/23/13 13:09 PM (PST)

so far so good after 34000kms. no problems have arrived as of yet. Fuel mileage varies, most recently I completed a 900 km road trip with 2 adults and 4 kids averaging 110 kph in -20 Celsius weather in 4x4 nets 17mpg, which I thought was pretty decent. In summer unloaded in 2x4 would net low 20's I presume. Only minor things nag me like cheaper feeling materials in the cabin, but I guess it is a xlt after all.

MatthewJohn's Ecoboost!!
By 4matthewsfx on 07/31/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Let's start out with saying mine is an ECOBOOST, some reason this selection is not in the choices. Bought new in Jan 11, now has 55k miles. So far truck has been flawless. This is primarily my towing vehicle, for I tow horses, quads and dirt bikes, my classic Mustang as well as various other classics, including a souped up 67 Suburban, parents boat and travel trailer. This truck handles it all very well. Had a three horse trailer w/ equipment weighted in at 11,100 pounds, and at 60 mph, truck did very well. My average after 55k hard miles is at 17.6, never reset the gauge once since new.

2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboost (3.5L)
By oreokie on 07/02/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford. Ever. When it came time to buy a truck I considered many things. Not indicative of the truck, but surely a measure of the company, was Ford's refusal to take bailout money. The other major "plus" was my review of the Ecoboost engine. Lots of hype, yes, but the motor delivers! I've run about 29,000 miles under her in the last 20 months and I get 17 mpg city and 20 - 21 hwy. Throw 10% ethanol in it and mileage drops 2 mpg both ways, though. Power? TONS of it. I have not hauled a trailer yet. Comfort? Strangely, this truck is more comfortable than any other vehicle I have owned. Twenty-hour drive coming up? OK. Bring it on... Incredible comfort.

2011 Lariat EcoBoost SuperCab - Loaded
By mikem40 on 01/21/13 05:49 AM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Over 32,000 miles and 1.5+ years of ownership. No real issues. Front rotors glazed by 20K so I replaced them with better high-carbon rotors and higher end pads - big difference. OE brakes are so so. Power is very good. Mileage was 27 highway - now about 20. Excellent in mud, snow, gravel. Way better and nicer than my 2009 Tundra. Rides great on trips. HUGE rear seating area. Fit and finish is not that great but if BMW made a truck like this, it would cost $90K. Got mine for $38K with a $50K sticker price! Great value!

Ecoboost problems with power and MPG
By exf150owner1 on 12/27/12 18:50 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford F-150 with 3.5L ecoboost with the hope that it would be a good vehicle. When I first bought the truck I was getting 15 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. After only 8000 km of mileage, I was seeing a drop in fuel economy and power. I was only able to get 10 MPG in city and 17 on the highway. The motor was also more sluggish with increased turbo lag. I tried to have the problem fixed by the dealer on 5 separate occasions without anything being done and no actual problem being identified. The truck appeared to be dying and ford was unable to determine why. After 12000 km, I decided to trade it in on another brand of truck. This will be the last Ford for this customer.

Ecoboost performance issues
By philm6 on 08/14/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ecoboost provides excellent performance when it runs right. One year later and multiple trips to the dealership to remedy an intermittent power loss and missing on hard acceleration. Gas mileage has been a disappointment. 17 highway and nowhere near the 21 advertised. Plenty of power to tow my classic car and enclosed trailer, but I avoid towing. Can't stand the 5 to 6 mpg when towing. My last service at the dealership was for the 30k service. Found out later I got stiffed for a $200 trans service they never did. When I followed up with the standard customer survey and gave an honest rating I got a nasty text message from technician.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$132 per month*