Used 2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Perfection for Ford
By Scott

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just pray my next truck is as good as this one has been for the past 5 years. I never had a vehicle that did not need constant maintenance trips to the dealership. I hate to trade it in but....

F 150 super truck
By crazygun2469@gmail.com

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The first truck I have ever owned that rides like a luxury car.

Ford F-150 Supercrew review
By Collin

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Ford F-150 is one of the most popular cars or trucks out on the road in the past few years. I was lucky enough to purchase one a few years ago. I am a proud owner of the Ford F-150 Super Crew. The Ford F-150 Super Crew is one of the best trucks I have ever had the chance to drive. The pure size of the truck makes it that much better to haul equipment or even supplies for the job that you are working on. It can hold a lot of equipment for any sport you want to play. When choosing a truck you always need to look at the durability. With the F-150 and its Steel frame it?s durability is top of the class in regards to trucks. Since purchasing this truck in 2011 we have had no issues with it. The only thing we have brought it in for was for its regular oil change. We have a cabin in the North Woods of Michigan and it takes a beating up there but has never failed on us or had anything break because of it. There are many uses for the Ford F-150. I mainly use it for moving around college and hauling my dirt bikes and ATV?s around when trying to find places to ride. My dad, his two brothers, and their uncle use it for hunting when I am not using it. It has done wonders for their hunting trips being able to carry all the decoys and guns that they have when they go. All five of them fit comfortably in the truck and they are all over 6?2?. When hauling a trailer behind it, it feels like there is nothing back there. When looking at the truck one of the bad things about it would be that the fake chrome on the handles is starting to peel off so it looks cheap when it does. Another would be the cost to fill up the massive 32-gallon tank. Some of the pros are that it is the most reliable truck/car I have ever owned. In conclusion the Ford F-150 would get 5/5 stars in my book. For the beating that my family and myself has put it through it has yet to have anything happen to it, which is exactly, what you want in a truck.

2011 ECOJUNK
By John

1. Don't buy this truck. 2. The motor has issues and Ford does not know how to fix them. I have had mine in the shop at least 5 times for the same issues since the week I bought it. 3. The gas mileage estimates are not even close. If I drive 65 on a flat highway, I may get 17.5 MPG. On average, my truck get's 14.9 MPG. 4. The suspension is garbage and Ford does not know how to fix it. I was literally given a can of WD40 by the Ford Service Writer as the solution to the constant squeaking. He said just keep spraying the WD40 on the bushings to stop the noise. I sprayed daily for a week and no improvement. My neighbors think I drive a 60 year old truck.

Worst Purchase of my Adult Life
By Hugh

Coming from a Toyota/Honda - you WILL be disappointed in a Ford. Sure, it has more gadgets, flashy interior, updated styling, etc.. but the maintenance and expensive repairs will eat you alive. Compare either at 100K miles and the difference is clear. The Good: Big fuel tank, means less stops. Interior is nice, Color (Mine is Blue) is really nice. Big back seat area. Also, I was able to get 21-22mpg out of mine during road trips. The Mediocre: Handling and Suspension is just meh. Lackluster is the word. Also, the traction control is a joke compared to my old 2013 Tundra. In 2wd, I was getting stuck in the exact same places that my Tundra would just crawl through without any wheel spin. The Ford would dig a hole and then cut engine power. The 5.0 Engine seems weak for the size of the truck, it does the job, but struggles with a small trailer or load in the bed. The Bad: At 86K miles, this truck needs MAJOR work. It's sad. Rear main seal is leaking enough to leave spots in the driveway. Steering Rack needs replaced due to the "Service Advance Trac" light that is coming on almost daily, which leaves a dead spot in the steering and cuts off the turn signals as well. These are issues that most trucks had covered under the factory warranty, so known issues, but these issues didn't pop up until later. The driveline has a gnarly clunk when leaving from a light or during heavy acceleration. Was told it needed a new driveshaft and slip yoke. Power Steering lines are starting to leak around the fittings. Why this truck is a total turd: For the money, this thing just cant compete with a Tundra. I can get a 2015 Tundra Limited with many more features, a bullet proof driveline, and better warranty and service. The local ford dealer is kind enough, but acknowledge that these issues are known in these trucks, but can't do anything for us. Toyota has always taken care of it's customers, many times well after warranty if it's a known issue. Not finding that kind of support from Ford unfortunately. Resale - ugh... I'm looking at losing 6.5K in just 1/2 a year, in order to avoid all these costly repairs (totalling nearly 5K in just 6 months) from trade-in value. However, given that I simply don't have faith in either the Manufacturer or the product, it's a loss worth taking to get away from this vehicle.Z UPDATE - I DID get away from this Ford F150, and what a blessing it was to finally be ridden of that thing... I wanted to give Ford a chance (thats why I bought it) - but I'm just not cut out for those kinds of repairs/maintenance/dissappointments on a regular basis. Back in a Tundra, and I haven't once looked for a cliff to drive it off of, or a thought of a way to set it on fire...

• SUV