2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ecoboost great concept, terrible execution in first year!
By tri_guy on 08/14/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

When it works, the 3.5L twin turbo V-6 known as the "Ecoboost" is amazing. 21+ mpg, 365 HP & 425 trq. A great combination of daily driver with nearly 10K tow capacity. First 55K miles were great, but the 2011 EB relies on multiple ECU "systems" to attain this peak performance, and if anything is not working perfectly, mileage, power, and driveability fall-off quickly. Ford still has not acknowledged any issues that do exist with the 2011 version of this motor. Humidity. Coils. Valvetrain rattles at startup. Hood shaking misfire at idle. Black on chrome tailpipe. I would not buy a 2011 EB again. Maybe 2014, now that the 2011 bugs Ford never admitted have been worked out. 2011 EB - Stay away!!

My 5.0. Super crew xlt xtr
By carstryke on 12/23/13 13:09 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

so far so good after 34000kms. no problems have arrived as of yet. Fuel mileage varies, most recently I completed a 900 km road trip with 2 adults and 4 kids averaging 110 kph in -20 Celsius weather in 4x4 nets 17mpg, which I thought was pretty decent. In summer unloaded in 2x4 would net low 20's I presume. Only minor things nag me like cheaper feeling materials in the cabin, but I guess it is a xlt after all.

MatthewJohn's Ecoboost!!
By 4matthewsfx on 07/31/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Let's start out with saying mine is an ECOBOOST, some reason this selection is not in the choices. Bought new in Jan 11, now has 55k miles. So far truck has been flawless. This is primarily my towing vehicle, for I tow horses, quads and dirt bikes, my classic Mustang as well as various other classics, including a souped up 67 Suburban, parents boat and travel trailer. This truck handles it all very well. Had a three horse trailer w/ equipment weighted in at 11,100 pounds, and at 60 mph, truck did very well. My average after 55k hard miles is at 17.6, never reset the gauge once since new.

2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboost (3.5L)
By oreokie on 07/02/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford. Ever. When it came time to buy a truck I considered many things. Not indicative of the truck, but surely a measure of the company, was Ford's refusal to take bailout money. The other major "plus" was my review of the Ecoboost engine. Lots of hype, yes, but the motor delivers! I've run about 29,000 miles under her in the last 20 months and I get 17 mpg city and 20 - 21 hwy. Throw 10% ethanol in it and mileage drops 2 mpg both ways, though. Power? TONS of it. I have not hauled a trailer yet. Comfort? Strangely, this truck is more comfortable than any other vehicle I have owned. Twenty-hour drive coming up? OK. Bring it on... Incredible comfort.

2011 Lariat EcoBoost SuperCab - Loaded
By mikem40 on 01/21/13 05:49 AM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Over 32,000 miles and 1.5+ years of ownership. No real issues. Front rotors glazed by 20K so I replaced them with better high-carbon rotors and higher end pads - big difference. OE brakes are so so. Power is very good. Mileage was 27 highway - now about 20. Excellent in mud, snow, gravel. Way better and nicer than my 2009 Tundra. Rides great on trips. HUGE rear seating area. Fit and finish is not that great but if BMW made a truck like this, it would cost $90K. Got mine for $38K with a $50K sticker price! Great value!

Ecoboost problems with power and MPG
By exf150owner1 on 12/27/12 18:50 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford F-150 with 3.5L ecoboost with the hope that it would be a good vehicle. When I first bought the truck I was getting 15 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. After only 8000 km of mileage, I was seeing a drop in fuel economy and power. I was only able to get 10 MPG in city and 17 on the highway. The motor was also more sluggish with increased turbo lag. I tried to have the problem fixed by the dealer on 5 separate occasions without anything being done and no actual problem being identified. The truck appeared to be dying and ford was unable to determine why. After 12000 km, I decided to trade it in on another brand of truck. This will be the last Ford for this customer.

Ecoboost performance issues
By philm6 on 08/14/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ecoboost provides excellent performance when it runs right. One year later and multiple trips to the dealership to remedy an intermittent power loss and missing on hard acceleration. Gas mileage has been a disappointment. 17 highway and nowhere near the 21 advertised. Plenty of power to tow my classic car and enclosed trailer, but I avoid towing. Can't stand the 5 to 6 mpg when towing. My last service at the dealership was for the 30k service. Found out later I got stiffed for a $200 trans service they never did. When I followed up with the standard customer survey and gave an honest rating I got a nasty text message from technician.

Love my 2011 Ecoboost 4WD SCrew
By flford on 08/08/12 16:38 PM (PDT)

I have 11 months in my F150 4WD SCREW with the V6 EcoBoost, just about to turn 20K mile, and I am loving this truck! The EcoBoost is living up to the hype with plenty of power to pull my 22 Foot Center Console with T-Top. Does not even feel like its attached. I do a fair amount of both highway and city driving and I am averaging from high 17's to low 18's MPH but admittedly I am lighter on the gas than I used to be. Ride is not as "car-like" as my 2004 but still a great ride for a 4WD and all the power that the V8 had. (Not sure why Edmunds will not let me select my truck as a 3.5L V6)

2011 F150 3.5L FX4 SuperCrew - Good Bad and Ugly
By kirkcarver on 07/22/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

I've owned my 2011 F150 3.5L for 20K miles, and just under 18 months. I'm a long-time Ford buyer (this is my 4th Ford truck), and I can summarize my experience in three categories: The Good -- the 3.5L Engine. I was concerned that I would not have the power with a 6 cylinder engine. We drove to CO towing a 10K pound trailer, accelerating up the hills and mountains. Never once did the engine hesitate. Truly remarkable, it feels like a diesel The Bad -- fuel mileage. The truck performs on highway, but will guzzle gas in town (incl. urban freeways). I avg 15 mpg on 20 mi one way commute. The Ugly -- MyFord Touch/Sync. Impossible to use / dangerous interface. Ford should be embarrassed

Best F-150 I have owned
By edam72 on 07/19/12 21:06 PM (PDT)

Ford has definately made an improvement in the engine. The 5.0 V8 is very responsive, and the quickest F-150 to date. I have owned a 2001 and a 2005 V8 F150 and this is the fastest and best fuel economy. The first tank I averaged about 15-16 MPG, but I believe that was because I was having fun with the truck. My daily stop and go commute, I have been averaging about 18 MPG and I can get 19 MPG on longer trips using the cruise control. My last F150 was happy to get no more than 15 MPG on a good day. Only problem I have had with this truck is a minor paint defect that the dealer is going to fix. The quietest ride I have had in a truck, practically no wind/road noise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$132 per month*