Used 2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Disappointed, Nightmare
By Kenneth Crutchfield

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 F-150 3.5 twin turbo Eco Boost, I bought it with 50,000 miles from Bob Maxey Ford dealer in Detroit Michigan in 2013. It cost $29,000 I thought I had something. It road good for the first 6 month. I mad sure I kept my oil change because my brother have the same vehicle and had problems with his Timing chain which was costly. In November of 2015 my Truck stopped and would not run in the middle of Southfield Rd, Southfield MI, so I had it towed to Avis Ford. They wanted $1945.00 to diagnosis the engine because they could not till me what was wrong from the initial survey. I called Ford customer service because my warranty was over after 60,000 mile. I only had a little over 100,000 mile on this Built Ford Tough Truck. Ms. Jane stated that Ford would have nothing to do with the tear down of this truck and they may help me if I took it to a ford dealership. I went to the Veteran Administration for monetary help, and tried to qualify for their trust funds, they recommended several auto shop but I did not qualify. They said that I could afford to pay for my repairs. I has this truck towed to AAMCO They gave me a good price of $2388.00 for labor and parts, there is a Technical Service Bulletin on the Truck TSB1 and TSB2. Ford is very aware of the problems with the Timing Chain on this make an model of this truck. AAMCO repaired the timing chain issue and did a pressure test only to find that the pressure on cylinder 2 3 6 was 65 70 70 and should be 130 in order to be in spec. Now the head has to be sent to a shop for repair and the 4 valves per cylinder replaced. at least another $1500.00. I am hurt. paying on a Ford truck that broken down on me and my 13 year old son and I must still pay the truck note. I am communicating with Ford customer services but will not receive and help because it is not a Ford dealership. I am pissed because Ford Motor Company knows about this timing chain issue, they have a TSB explaining this issue, and this may cost me $4000.00 that I don't have. Built Ford Tough!!!!

Excellent truck for towing
By sonshineacres

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 3.5 Ecoboost with the rearend that allows for 11,300 lb towing. What a great vehicle. it outpulls my old 5.3 Silverado. The comfort of the ride is great and we love to take it on trips. We haul sheep and equipment and have pushed the upper end of the towing. no problems and exceptional power. mileage is about 13 to 14 in town and 18-19 on road with the 10% ethanol

Power, comfort and styling

put the seatbelts in the seat so you don't have to unbuckle to let rear seat passengers in and out. have an optional automatic 4 wheel drive engagement system

Really Wanted to Love This Truck
By canuman7

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was happy with it until after the 36000 mile warranty ran out. Synch quit working twice and the service manager said that had been an "Issue." The stereo became "Possessed" and would scan continuously and would just have to turn it off for a few hours. Then, the transmission would occasionally slip out in the hills and far from dealer or help. Unfortunately, it was an intermittent problem and dealer couldn't find it? Then there was the head light switch that quit working and trip set, etc, etc. Electronics failing right and left at 50K miles. The visibility was very poor. I had to remove all the rear headrests to see well. The bed's sides were weak; a truck's bed should be stronger.

Gas mileage, I could easily get 23 mpg on flat land driving conservatively. Unfortunately, on hills or with a load it dropped to about 16-17 mpg. Loved the design of the cab, but the seats were uncomfortable after an hour and the fabric was already more worn than my 12 year old Silverado was when I traded it in.

Better quality electronics and more comfortable seats. Also, the rear door on the extended cab should go all the way back like Chevy and GMC.

My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha

I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.

Ecoboost engine, locking rear diff, steering, brakes (they are huge and have awsome stopping power), and the new off road package which is available in xlt trim. I love the sound of the ecoboost as the turbo chargers spool up. The acceleration is awsome. this is a very fun truck to drive.

I realize I bought a new truck in it's first year of production but I am still not to pleased with the amount of things that have gone wrong. The options on the xlt model are a bit limited. The sticker price on my truck was $41,000.00 and at that price you should be able to get the options you want without having to step up to a model with wood trim and leather seats (both of which I would not want). Some of the options I would have liked to have are a sunroof, dual zone climate control, the sony sound system (the base one is garbage), an AC power outlet and a larger glove box would be nice. There is also no full time all wheel drive like dodge and chevy. This is the option that I miss most.

2011 F-150 FX4 SuperCab (3.5L V6 EcoBoost - not V8 as classified above)
By fx4alltheway

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had this truck for just over a year now. It's already made two cross-country trips and has been driven everywhere from the Colorado mountains to the Arizona desert. I have not had any problems whatsoever with the reliability or performance of the truck. It rides extremely comfortably and handles well in terms of breaking, acceleration, and turning. I have not gotten the advertised fuel milage based on the calculations the Sync system displays. I got 18.0 MPG driving from San Diego to Charleston, and get 17.3 MPG averaged city and highway regularly. Still good for a full sized truck. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. If I had to do it again, I'd get the same truck.

EcoBoost Engine - reliable and plenty of power on highway Full Manual transmission mode - can use thumb toggle to shift gears Seats - have received many compliments on how comfortable they are...also not difficult to clean Rear seats- leg room in the SuperCab is comparable that of double cab Tacoma. Rear seats have full headrests which I like for the sake of protecting any rear-seat passengers. When I test-drove the Silverado, the head rests on the rear seats did not prevent my head from going back and making contact with the rear windshield. Center Console- plenty of storage space

Factory reverse lights are not very bright. I didn't think they gave me enough light to see behind me when backing up. I added Rigid Industries Dually LED lights under the bumper with a switch in the cab. These give me more than enough light. The Sync dashboard display should also show the vehicles speed digitally. More storage room under rear seat.

• SUV