2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Excellent truck for towing
By sonshineacres on 08/13/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 3.5 Ecoboost with the rearend that allows for 11,300 lb towing. What a great vehicle. it outpulls my old 5.3 Silverado. The comfort of the ride is great and we love to take it on trips. We haul sheep and equipment and have pushed the upper end of the towing. no problems and exceptional power. mileage is about 13 to 14 in town and 18-19 on road with the 10% ethanol

Really Wanted to Love This Truck
By canuman7 on 05/30/13 06:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was happy with it until after the 36000 mile warranty ran out. Synch quit working twice and the service manager said that had been an "Issue." The stereo became "Possessed" and would scan continuously and would just have to turn it off for a few hours. Then, the transmission would occasionally slip out in the hills and far from dealer or help. Unfortunately, it was an intermittent problem and dealer couldn't find it? Then there was the head light switch that quit working and trip set, etc, etc. Electronics failing right and left at 50K miles. The visibility was very poor. I had to remove all the rear headrests to see well. The bed's sides were weak; a truck's bed should be stronger.

My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha on 02/11/13 12:35 PM (PST)

I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.

2011 F-150 FX4 SuperCab (3.5L V6 EcoBoost - not V8 as classified above)
By fx4alltheway on 11/21/12 16:46 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had this truck for just over a year now. It's already made two cross-country trips and has been driven everywhere from the Colorado mountains to the Arizona desert. I have not had any problems whatsoever with the reliability or performance of the truck. It rides extremely comfortably and handles well in terms of breaking, acceleration, and turning. I have not gotten the advertised fuel milage based on the calculations the Sync system displays. I got 18.0 MPG driving from San Diego to Charleston, and get 17.3 MPG averaged city and highway regularly. Still good for a full sized truck. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. If I had to do it again, I'd get the same truck.

Lovin'my2011
By truckin2011 on 04/28/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

While shopping for a new truck I researched the specs and read the reviews of the 5.0L 4x4 truck and compared the Ford to its competition. I must say I was impressed. The F150 was touted to be "best in class". At 1310 miles, turns out the reviews and numbers were right. I am highly impressed with the tow capability, comfort, fuel economy and cabin-extras Ford has included. I'm getting an overall average of 19.2mpg mixed, 21.0 hwy. & 17+ city. My 21', 4000 lb. pontoon boat tows effortlessly. I hardly know it's there and it doesn't impact my mileage too bad during tow (-4mpg). The cabin is the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. Great styling with lotsa room. Great truck !

Love The Ecoboost!!!!!!!!!!!
By cpercha on 06/23/11 17:04 PM (PDT)

I recently purchased a new F150 xlt with an ecoboost and the off road package. I have owned quite a few trucks and this one is in a class of it's own. The power from the ecoboost is off the charts I am averaging 19 MPG with most of my driving being around town. Keep in mind this is with 3.73 gears, 32 inch tires and the vehicle has not even been broken in yet. I expect those numbers will be even better once it's broken in. The new 6 speed automatic is very smooth and responsive. The steering and handeling are excellent. It's has a great turning radius, is very agile for a truck, and is very easy to control. The build quality is top notch. This is hands down the best truck you can buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 Supercab in WA is:

$162 per month*