Used 2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2011 Lariat EcoBoost SuperCab - Loaded
By mikem40

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Over 32,000 miles and 1.5+ years of ownership. No real issues. Front rotors glazed by 20K so I replaced them with better high-carbon rotors and higher end pads - big difference. OE brakes are so so. Power is very good. Mileage was 27 highway - now about 20. Excellent in mud, snow, gravel. Way better and nicer than my 2009 Tundra. Rides great on trips. HUGE rear seating area. Fit and finish is not that great but if BMW made a truck like this, it would cost $90K. Got mine for $38K with a $50K sticker price! Great value!

Favorite Features

EB Engine, LS rear, Heated and cooled seats, Remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Better fit and finish, less plastics. Chrysler Jeep products have much nicer interiors - why cant Ford F150 be that nice? Better OE brake pads and rotors. Better quality leathers. Less hard plastics in the interior - more soft touch on Lariats or higher end models. Add rear locking diff on ALL models - standard.

Love my 2011 Ecoboost 4WD SCrew
By flford

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have 11 months in my F150 4WD SCREW with the V6 EcoBoost, just about to turn 20K mile, and I am loving this truck! The EcoBoost is living up to the hype with plenty of power to pull my 22 Foot Center Console with T-Top. Does not even feel like its attached. I do a fair amount of both highway and city driving and I am averaging from high 17's to low 18's MPH but admittedly I am lighter on the gas than I used to be. Ride is not as "car-like" as my 2004 but still a great ride for a 4WD and all the power that the V8 had. (Not sure why Edmunds will not let me select my truck as a 3.5L V6)

Favorite Features

SYNC Rocks!

Best F-150 I have owned
By edam72

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ford has definately made an improvement in the engine. The 5.0 V8 is very responsive, and the quickest F-150 to date. I have owned a 2001 and a 2005 V8 F150 and this is the fastest and best fuel economy. The first tank I averaged about 15-16 MPG, but I believe that was because I was having fun with the truck. My daily stop and go commute, I have been averaging about 18 MPG and I can get 19 MPG on longer trips using the cruise control. My last F150 was happy to get no more than 15 MPG on a good day. Only problem I have had with this truck is a minor paint defect that the dealer is going to fix. The quietest ride I have had in a truck, practically no wind/road noise.

Favorite Features

Cooled front seats are great, never knew what I was missing, but now would want that feature on my next vehicle too. The onboard computer makes it very easy to set all your preferences and adds nice feature such as 4WD roll display and fuel economy. The fuel economy computer on this vehicle has been the most accurate of any vehicle I have owned. Last thing to mention is the stability control, I have never had such a large vehicle handle so well. I was doing 65 when a car decided to pull out of a slow lane of traffic doing about 20. I had to turn the wheel so hard to the left, no time to brake, and I thought the truck would hit. It had no tire screech, body roll, or adverse reaction.

Suggested Improvements

Make Switching stations easier using steering wheel It is easy to switch between programmed favorites, but when holding down button, you have to time it just right or it will jump 2 or 3 stations instead of one. Having children in the back all the time, it would be nice to have installed side shades you could pull down or up to give extra shade, one for the front would be nice too. Adding to that, having the sun visor be able to extend just a bit more to be able to cover edge of the large front door window.

F150 Ecoboost w/poor fuel economy
By harleytacoma

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 Ecoboost for 6 months now, have 8500 miles on it, and am very disappointed with the fuel mileage that Im getting (best on HWY is 15.8 & worst is 12.7, 14.075 AVG over the 8500 miles on my truck, calculations were done by hand). My 2008 Tundra was getting better mileage than my Ecoboost, and it was lifted 3 with Oversized 20 wheels. I traded my 2008 Toyota Tundra in on my F150 after viewing the video that Ford produced touting the engineering that went into this truck, the torque it produced, and all this with great fuel economy. Right now Im trying to find a dealership that will buy my F150 so I can go back to a Tundra!

Favorite Features

Ford did a great job with the design fit and finish of the Interior on the F150

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel economy with the Ecoboost