Used 2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

MatthewJohn's Ecoboost!!
By 4matthewsfx

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Let's start out with saying mine is an ECOBOOST, some reason this selection is not in the choices. Bought new in Jan 11, now has 55k miles. So far truck has been flawless. This is primarily my towing vehicle, for I tow horses, quads and dirt bikes, my classic Mustang as well as various other classics, including a souped up 67 Suburban, parents boat and travel trailer. This truck handles it all very well. Had a three horse trailer w/ equipment weighted in at 11,100 pounds, and at 60 mph, truck did very well. My average after 55k hard miles is at 17.6, never reset the gauge once since new.

Drove 2x to Florida from NJ, around Fl and back to NJ, 3 ppl and 2 weeks of gear each, 80 mph on 95, a/c on recirc, I ave 20.8...brakes and steering excellent for trailering and hauling, as well as for everyday use. Sync and Sony sound w/ Nav is top notch. Great seats, extremely roomy and versatile interior, Love the bed extender, makes 6.6 ft bed even more huge. Trailer sway control, integrated trailer brake control, and rearview camera make towing a breeze. Dual zone auto climate control works excellently. MaxTow mirrors rock and u can see everything in them. The STOUT chassis. Build quality has been excellent. This truck gets used hard yet it still looks great and nothing has broken.

I wish the doors had pronounced door checks, so when you open them in wind or on hill they don't fly open. The exhaust needs some character, tho I fixed mine with a great sounding Borla customer exhaust, there is still the lack of a deep grumble truck people are accustomed to. Turning radius is huge with Supercrew and 6.6ft bed.

2011 F150 3.5L FX4 SuperCrew - Good Bad and Ugly
By kirkcarver

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2011 F150 3.5L for 20K miles, and just under 18 months. I'm a long-time Ford buyer (this is my 4th Ford truck), and I can summarize my experience in three categories: The Good -- the 3.5L Engine. I was concerned that I would not have the power with a 6 cylinder engine. We drove to CO towing a 10K pound trailer, accelerating up the hills and mountains. Never once did the engine hesitate. Truly remarkable, it feels like a diesel The Bad -- fuel mileage. The truck performs on highway, but will guzzle gas in town (incl. urban freeways). I avg 15 mpg on 20 mi one way commute. The Ugly -- MyFord Touch/Sync. Impossible to use / dangerous interface. Ford should be embarrassed

Power of Engine, Towing features (sway control, engine brake controller integrated).

Get rid of MyFord Touch / MySync. Worst HMI in the industry... to the point of being dangerous.

• SUV