2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboost (3.5L)
By oreokie on 07/02/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford. Ever. When it came time to buy a truck I considered many things. Not indicative of the truck, but surely a measure of the company, was Ford's refusal to take bailout money. The other major "plus" was my review of the Ecoboost engine. Lots of hype, yes, but the motor delivers! I've run about 29,000 miles under her in the last 20 months and I get 17 mpg city and 20 - 21 hwy. Throw 10% ethanol in it and mileage drops 2 mpg both ways, though. Power? TONS of it. I have not hauled a trailer yet. Comfort? Strangely, this truck is more comfortable than any other vehicle I have owned. Twenty-hour drive coming up? OK. Bring it on... Incredible comfort.

3.6L V6 Ouch!
By no_v6 on 05/23/11 19:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 F-150 Crew with 3.7L V6 mainly for gas mileage. 2 months later when the temperature outside got over 90 and in traffic, the truck had a vibration or resonance in the cab when idling with A/C and cooling fans running. I brought the truck to the dealer, but they could not find anything. I noticed another F- 150 with the 3.6 V6 that had revisions to the exhaust piping (Braided hose right before muffler and different mounts). I showed a picture to the Service Rep. He said he asked Ford Hot Line and they know nothing about it. I feel the vibration was coming from the exhaust system. It was so annoying, I traded the truck in for an Fx2 with 5.0L, big difference.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 in WA is:

$155 per month*