Used 2011 Ford F-150 XLT Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Excellent truck for towing
By sonshineacres

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 3.5 Ecoboost with the rearend that allows for 11,300 lb towing.
What a great vehicle.
it outpulls my old 5.3 Silverado.
The comfort of the ride is great and we love to take it on trips.
We haul sheep and equipment and have pushed the upper end of the towing.
no problems and exceptional power.
mileage is about 13 to 14 in town and 18-19 on road with the 10% ethanol

Power, comfort and styling

put the seatbelts in the seat so you don't have to unbuckle to let rear seat passengers in and out. have an optional automatic 4 wheel drive engagement system

My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.

Ecoboost engine, locking rear diff, steering, brakes (they are huge and have awsome stopping power), and the new off road package which is available in xlt trim. I love the sound of the ecoboost as the turbo chargers spool up. The acceleration is awsome. this is a very fun truck to drive.

I realize I bought a new truck in it's first year of production but I am still not to pleased with the amount of things that have gone wrong. The options on the xlt model are a bit limited. The sticker price on my truck was $41,000.00 and at that price you should be able to get the options you want without having to step up to a model with wood trim and leather seats (both of which I would not want). Some of the options I would have liked to have are a sunroof, dual zone climate control, the sony sound system (the base one is garbage), an AC power outlet and a larger glove box would be nice. There is also no full time all wheel drive like dodge and chevy. This is the option that I miss most.

Lovin'my2011
By truckin2011

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

While shopping for a new truck I researched the specs and read the reviews of the 5.0L 4x4 truck and compared the Ford to its competition. I must say I was impressed. The F150 was touted to be "best in class". At 1310 miles, turns out the reviews and numbers were right. I am highly impressed with the tow capability, comfort, fuel economy and cabin-extras Ford has included. I'm getting an overall average of 19.2mpg mixed, 21.0 hwy. & 17+ city. My 21', 4000 lb.
pontoon boat tows effortlessly. I hardly know it's there and it doesn't impact my mileage too bad during tow (-4mpg). The cabin is the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. Great styling with lotsa room. Great truck !

The ride is amazing. The truck tows like a monster while purring like a kitten. It takes bumps very well and shifts seamlessly with and without a tow. It has plenty of storage space in the cabin and the seats are very comfortable. Many times the back seats are overlooked for legroom and overall seating comfort but Ford seems to have provided enough to get by in the Supercab model (unlike my 2009 Ranger Supercab). Not as good as a S-Crew but I didn't buy the S-Crew either. I like the SelectShift feature, which allows you lots of options depending on conditions and if you need to lock out overdrive, this is easily accomplished.

The bed is a little deep. Great for hauling more "stuff" but not-so-great for reaching in and retrieving items. This is more a "note" than a complaint. It just means I have to climb in the bed more. The privacy glass tint is great but needs to be applied to the front seat windows too.

Love The Ecoboost!!!!!!!!!!!
By cpercha

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a new F150 xlt with an ecoboost and the off road package. I have owned quite a few trucks and this one is in a class of it's own. The power from the ecoboost is off the charts I am averaging 19 MPG with most of my driving being around town. Keep in mind this is with 3.73 gears, 32 inch tires and the vehicle has not even been broken in yet. I expect those numbers will be even better once it's broken in. The new 6 speed automatic is very smooth and responsive. The steering and handeling are excellent. It's has a great turning radius, is very agile for a truck, and is very easy to control. The build quality is top notch. This is hands down the best truck you can buy.

Ecoboost engine, 6 speed automatic, locking rear diff, steering, brakes (they are huge and have awsome stopping power), and the new off road package which is available in xlt trim. I love the sound of the ecoboost as the turbo chargers spool up. The acceleration is awsome. this is a very fun truck to drive.

My biggest complaint is that the options on the xlt model are a bit limited. The sticker price on my truck was $41,000.00 and at that price you should be able to get the options you want without having to step up to a model with wood trim and leather seats (both of which I would not want). Some of the options I would have liked to have are a sunroof, dual zone climate control, the sony sound system (the base one is garbage), power adjustable pedals, and an AC power outlet. A larger glove box would be nice. There is also no full time all wheel drive mode which are available on dodge and chevy. This is a very handy feature I would love to see added.