2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Excellent truck for towing
By sonshineacres on 08/13/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 3.5 Ecoboost with the rearend that allows for 11,300 lb towing. What a great vehicle. it outpulls my old 5.3 Silverado. The comfort of the ride is great and we love to take it on trips. We haul sheep and equipment and have pushed the upper end of the towing. no problems and exceptional power. mileage is about 13 to 14 in town and 18-19 on road with the 10% ethanol

My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha on 02/11/13 12:35 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.

Lovin'my2011
By truckin2011 on 04/28/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

While shopping for a new truck I researched the specs and read the reviews of the 5.0L 4x4 truck and compared the Ford to its competition. I must say I was impressed. The F150 was touted to be "best in class". At 1310 miles, turns out the reviews and numbers were right. I am highly impressed with the tow capability, comfort, fuel economy and cabin-extras Ford has included. I'm getting an overall average of 19.2mpg mixed, 21.0 hwy. & 17+ city. My 21', 4000 lb. pontoon boat tows effortlessly. I hardly know it's there and it doesn't impact my mileage too bad during tow (-4mpg). The cabin is the most comfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. Great styling with lotsa room. Great truck !

Love The Ecoboost!!!!!!!!!!!
By cpercha on 06/23/11 17:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a new F150 xlt with an ecoboost and the off road package. I have owned quite a few trucks and this one is in a class of it's own. The power from the ecoboost is off the charts I am averaging 19 MPG with most of my driving being around town. Keep in mind this is with 3.73 gears, 32 inch tires and the vehicle has not even been broken in yet. I expect those numbers will be even better once it's broken in. The new 6 speed automatic is very smooth and responsive. The steering and handeling are excellent. It's has a great turning radius, is very agile for a truck, and is very easy to control. The build quality is top notch. This is hands down the best truck you can buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$142 per month*