Used 2011 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Little Truck
By James Cecil

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love everythingThere is only one reason I would sell my truck,,,,,, It is too high off the ground for this old man with disabilities.

Talk to me after 100k if you get ther
By Dcrow

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 f150 3.5 ecoboost xlt since new (4 miles on it). I love this truck and took great care of it. I maintained the truck personally and took great care in every way. I have invest a lot of time and money in the body of this truck (undercoating and spayed bed and wheel wells) to ensure the body would last as long as I assumed the motor would. I mean, why wouldn't the truck run for 200k plus?...... So I thought. This is the 3rd ford truck I have owned and every one till now has lasted well over 200k. So on to the issue..... I know my truck and the engine very well. I started noticing a slight rattle upon startup at around 112,000.00 miles. At first I figured it may be the valves clicking due to thinning of the oil due to heat and breakdown. So I changed the oil and it got better. I think it was mainly better because it was winter at the time and the oil is thicker when cold. So I made it to about 117000 and it is mis summer now 2016 and the rattle has gotten worse. It only occurs on the first startup of the day. So I looked up the issue and found the timing chain tsb. I got a few quotes verbally over the phone and was looking at a 1500 dollar repair to replace the chain. So I bit the bullet and took it in. I dropped off at a ford dealership and they called me the next morning telling me that I need a New motor and turbos and it would cost $11,000.00. Note I had no check engine light, full power, running just under 18 mpg. Other than the rattle at startup there was absolutly no reason to believe there was an issue. The concerning thing to me is that the dealership seemed to know exactly what was going to happen to my motor with a quick once over. Didn't even need to tear it down to review. They just knew. So I guesse ford is designing truck to basically blow up at just over 100k. I have contacted and spoke to the "regional customer service rep". And all they said is that they have no programs for this to help me out. In other words sorry for your luck..... They said they will get me a x plan code if I would like to trade in for a new truck. This is totally unacceptable to me and I will continue to go after ford for this. Spending I've 40k on a vehicle should get you further than this. Not to mention for knowing of the issue and not doing anything to help current to warn future owners. I fear for all of the other f150 ecoboost owners who have yet to put this kind of miles in thier truck. Big you are under warranty still I would get this checked out ASP. As for me, I will be trading in my truck for as much as I can giving the issue and buying a new dodge or Chevy. Goodbye ford forever!!! Hopefully best selling truck record will change in the near future due to this lack of quality and customer service. What goes around comes around. Buyer beware!

Awesome torque and HP
By John Millspaugh

2011 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Good FX4
By SSB1

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Reliable truck.

Good FX4
By SSB1

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Reliable truck.