2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My 5.0. Super crew xlt xtr
By carstryke on 12/23/13 13:09 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

so far so good after 34000kms. no problems have arrived as of yet. Fuel mileage varies, most recently I completed a 900 km road trip with 2 adults and 4 kids averaging 110 kph in -20 Celsius weather in 4x4 nets 17mpg, which I thought was pretty decent. In summer unloaded in 2x4 would net low 20's I presume. Only minor things nag me like cheaper feeling materials in the cabin, but I guess it is a xlt after all.

Excellent truck for towing
By sonshineacres on 08/13/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 3.5 Ecoboost with the rearend that allows for 11,300 lb towing. What a great vehicle. it outpulls my old 5.3 Silverado. The comfort of the ride is great and we love to take it on trips. We haul sheep and equipment and have pushed the upper end of the towing. no problems and exceptional power. mileage is about 13 to 14 in town and 18-19 on road with the 10% ethanol

MatthewJohn's Ecoboost!!
By 4matthewsfx on 07/31/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Let's start out with saying mine is an ECOBOOST, some reason this selection is not in the choices. Bought new in Jan 11, now has 55k miles. So far truck has been flawless. This is primarily my towing vehicle, for I tow horses, quads and dirt bikes, my classic Mustang as well as various other classics, including a souped up 67 Suburban, parents boat and travel trailer. This truck handles it all very well. Had a three horse trailer w/ equipment weighted in at 11,100 pounds, and at 60 mph, truck did very well. My average after 55k hard miles is at 17.6, never reset the gauge once since new.

2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboost (3.5L)
By oreokie on 07/02/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford. Ever. When it came time to buy a truck I considered many things. Not indicative of the truck, but surely a measure of the company, was Ford's refusal to take bailout money. The other major "plus" was my review of the Ecoboost engine. Lots of hype, yes, but the motor delivers! I've run about 29,000 miles under her in the last 20 months and I get 17 mpg city and 20 - 21 hwy. Throw 10% ethanol in it and mileage drops 2 mpg both ways, though. Power? TONS of it. I have not hauled a trailer yet. Comfort? Strangely, this truck is more comfortable than any other vehicle I have owned. Twenty-hour drive coming up? OK. Bring it on... Incredible comfort.

Really Wanted to Love This Truck
By canuman7 on 05/30/13 06:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was happy with it until after the 36000 mile warranty ran out. Synch quit working twice and the service manager said that had been an "Issue." The stereo became "Possessed" and would scan continuously and would just have to turn it off for a few hours. Then, the transmission would occasionally slip out in the hills and far from dealer or help. Unfortunately, it was an intermittent problem and dealer couldn't find it? Then there was the head light switch that quit working and trip set, etc, etc. Electronics failing right and left at 50K miles. The visibility was very poor. I had to remove all the rear headrests to see well. The bed's sides were weak; a truck's bed should be stronger.

My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha on 02/11/13 12:35 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.

2011 Lariat EcoBoost SuperCab - Loaded
By mikem40 on 01/21/13 05:49 AM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Over 32,000 miles and 1.5+ years of ownership. No real issues. Front rotors glazed by 20K so I replaced them with better high-carbon rotors and higher end pads - big difference. OE brakes are so so. Power is very good. Mileage was 27 highway - now about 20. Excellent in mud, snow, gravel. Way better and nicer than my 2009 Tundra. Rides great on trips. HUGE rear seating area. Fit and finish is not that great but if BMW made a truck like this, it would cost $90K. Got mine for $38K with a $50K sticker price! Great value!

Ecoboost problems with power and MPG
By exf150owner1 on 12/27/12 18:50 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford F-150 with 3.5L ecoboost with the hope that it would be a good vehicle. When I first bought the truck I was getting 15 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. After only 8000 km of mileage, I was seeing a drop in fuel economy and power. I was only able to get 10 MPG in city and 17 on the highway. The motor was also more sluggish with increased turbo lag. I tried to have the problem fixed by the dealer on 5 separate occasions without anything being done and no actual problem being identified. The truck appeared to be dying and ford was unable to determine why. After 12000 km, I decided to trade it in on another brand of truck. This will be the last Ford for this customer.

2011 F-150 FX4 SuperCab (3.5L V6 EcoBoost - not V8 as classified above)
By fx4alltheway on 11/21/12 16:46 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had this truck for just over a year now. It's already made two cross-country trips and has been driven everywhere from the Colorado mountains to the Arizona desert. I have not had any problems whatsoever with the reliability or performance of the truck. It rides extremely comfortably and handles well in terms of breaking, acceleration, and turning. I have not gotten the advertised fuel milage based on the calculations the Sync system displays. I got 18.0 MPG driving from San Diego to Charleston, and get 17.3 MPG averaged city and highway regularly. Still good for a full sized truck. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. If I had to do it again, I'd get the same truck.

Ecoboost performance issues
By philm6 on 08/14/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ecoboost provides excellent performance when it runs right. One year later and multiple trips to the dealership to remedy an intermittent power loss and missing on hard acceleration. Gas mileage has been a disappointment. 17 highway and nowhere near the 21 advertised. Plenty of power to tow my classic car and enclosed trailer, but I avoid towing. Can't stand the 5 to 6 mpg when towing. My last service at the dealership was for the 30k service. Found out later I got stiffed for a $200 trans service they never did. When I followed up with the standard customer survey and gave an honest rating I got a nasty text message from technician.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 in NJ is:

$179 per month*