2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Air conditioning problem!
By jimcomoe on 10/29/14 19:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the 4x4 with Eco Boost, and its been a great truck. I get many compliments on the look, the royal blue color, and the chrome (plastic) grill. It has 40,000 miles, and just recently I experienced a problem with the air conditioning. When I turn it on, it starts rattling and making a lot of noise. I have to turn it off then back on again several times before it stops. One other minor complaint is when I wash it, drive off, and roll down the windows while it is still wet, a lot of water comes inside. I wish it had those lips above the windows to catch and divert the water running off, like in the older models. It is very likely I will purchase another one in the future.

Mediocre
By spenceratx on 10/07/14 07:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 XLT 4x4 ecoboost supercrew as I needed a larger truck for kiddos. Having driven a Tacoma, that I LOVED, for 13 years, the Ford was going to have to win me over. The acceleration was strong, and the tech features on the inside were pretty good, but that's where the positives ceased. The looks were bland. As others mentioned, the fuel economy was well below advertised - 14.5mpg in mixed driving in the winter. The turbo would flutter on and off under very light acceleration. I didn't want to be holding the bag when it fell apart so I sold it. I come from a Ford family, but if this is what the best selling truck is. No thanks. I'm driving another Tacoma(4D), and love it.

2011 F 150 4wd ecoboost experience....
By jpope02 on 10/06/14 22:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When its well its great! Purchased NEW, Doors clunk on rough road surfaces. Been adjusted at dealership 4 different times. Doors still clunking. Ford has NO solution and will not admit to the problem....numerious calls to Ford customer relations been stonewalled! They can't fix this in warantee but say NOW it can be fixed out of warantee if I pay for it! This is @%x#!!!. Timing chain "Death Rattle"... Ford say this won't hurt a thing till it breaks or jumps time and and destroys motor Ford ignored this in warantee but says it's a $2800 problem for me now it's out of warantee...Comfortable,fun truck to drive!! Oh, poor millage.. don't believe Ford's 22mph claim, it' more like 12 mpg!

Ecoboost great concept, terrible execution in first year!
By tri_guy on 08/14/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

When it works, the 3.5L twin turbo V-6 known as the "Ecoboost" is amazing. 21+ mpg, 365 HP & 425 trq. A great combination of daily driver with nearly 10K tow capacity. First 55K miles were great, but the 2011 EB relies on multiple ECU "systems" to attain this peak performance, and if anything is not working perfectly, mileage, power, and driveability fall-off quickly. Ford still has not acknowledged any issues that do exist with the 2011 version of this motor. Humidity. Coils. Valvetrain rattles at startup. Hood shaking misfire at idle. Black on chrome tailpipe. I would not buy a 2011 EB again. Maybe 2014, now that the 2011 bugs Ford never admitted have been worked out. 2011 EB - Stay away!!

My 5.0. Super crew xlt xtr
By carstryke on 12/23/13 13:09 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

so far so good after 34000kms. no problems have arrived as of yet. Fuel mileage varies, most recently I completed a 900 km road trip with 2 adults and 4 kids averaging 110 kph in -20 Celsius weather in 4x4 nets 17mpg, which I thought was pretty decent. In summer unloaded in 2x4 would net low 20's I presume. Only minor things nag me like cheaper feeling materials in the cabin, but I guess it is a xlt after all.

Excellent truck for towing
By sonshineacres on 08/13/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I got the 3.5 Ecoboost with the rearend that allows for 11,300 lb towing. What a great vehicle. it outpulls my old 5.3 Silverado. The comfort of the ride is great and we love to take it on trips. We haul sheep and equipment and have pushed the upper end of the towing. no problems and exceptional power. mileage is about 13 to 14 in town and 18-19 on road with the 10% ethanol

MatthewJohn's Ecoboost!!
By 4matthewsfx on 07/31/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Let's start out with saying mine is an ECOBOOST, some reason this selection is not in the choices. Bought new in Jan 11, now has 55k miles. So far truck has been flawless. This is primarily my towing vehicle, for I tow horses, quads and dirt bikes, my classic Mustang as well as various other classics, including a souped up 67 Suburban, parents boat and travel trailer. This truck handles it all very well. Had a three horse trailer w/ equipment weighted in at 11,100 pounds, and at 60 mph, truck did very well. My average after 55k hard miles is at 17.6, never reset the gauge once since new.

2011 F-150 4X4 SCrew w/Ecoboost (3.5L)
By oreokie on 07/02/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford. Ever. When it came time to buy a truck I considered many things. Not indicative of the truck, but surely a measure of the company, was Ford's refusal to take bailout money. The other major "plus" was my review of the Ecoboost engine. Lots of hype, yes, but the motor delivers! I've run about 29,000 miles under her in the last 20 months and I get 17 mpg city and 20 - 21 hwy. Throw 10% ethanol in it and mileage drops 2 mpg both ways, though. Power? TONS of it. I have not hauled a trailer yet. Comfort? Strangely, this truck is more comfortable than any other vehicle I have owned. Twenty-hour drive coming up? OK. Bring it on... Incredible comfort.

Really Wanted to Love This Truck
By canuman7 on 05/30/13 06:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was happy with it until after the 36000 mile warranty ran out. Synch quit working twice and the service manager said that had been an "Issue." The stereo became "Possessed" and would scan continuously and would just have to turn it off for a few hours. Then, the transmission would occasionally slip out in the hills and far from dealer or help. Unfortunately, it was an intermittent problem and dealer couldn't find it? Then there was the head light switch that quit working and trip set, etc, etc. Electronics failing right and left at 50K miles. The visibility was very poor. I had to remove all the rear headrests to see well. The bed's sides were weak; a truck's bed should be stronger.

My opinion of my ecoboost 44,000 miles in
By cpercha on 02/11/13 12:35 PM (PST)

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I loved my truck for the first year but some issues have come to light that have me thinking about buying another truck. I have replaced one starter and the replacement starter is begining to have the same issues the first one did. I have a rear main seal and a transfer case leak. The doors don't line up super well and I have occasional issues getting them to shut all the way. I also HATE the fact that you can't check the trans fluid levels on this vehicle. I just have to trust that I have enough fluid and that it's in ok condition. I have already replaced the front diff fluid as moisture got into it and it got all milky. I hope this hasn't happened to the trans as well but I can't look.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$132 per month*