Used 2011 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Perfection for Ford
By Scott

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just pray my next truck is as good as this one has been for the past 5 years. I never had a vehicle that did not need constant maintenance trips to the dealership. I hate to trade it in but....

F150 wanna buy mine?
By Tim

2011 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

19 feet long , very wide, electric power steering takes getting use to. Everything in the cab is with-in easy reach. I didn't opt for the electronics, sync, nav, etc. I don't see the point, in a car. If you need stuff hauled this is the beast. Need to plow, get an F 350 or F 250, with 4wd.

Disappointed, Nightmare
By Kenneth Crutchfield

2011 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 F-150 3.5 twin turbo Eco Boost, I bought it with 50,000 miles from Bob Maxey Ford dealer in Detroit Michigan in 2013. It cost $29,000 I thought I had something. It road good for the first 6 month. I mad sure I kept my oil change because my brother have the same vehicle and had problems with his Timing chain which was costly. In November of 2015 my Truck stopped and would not run in the middle of Southfield Rd, Southfield MI, so I had it towed to Avis Ford. They wanted $1945.00 to diagnosis the engine because they could not till me what was wrong from the initial survey. I called Ford customer service because my warranty was over after 60,000 mile. I only had a little over 100,000 mile on this Built Ford Tough Truck. Ms. Jane stated that Ford would have nothing to do with the tear down of this truck and they may help me if I took it to a ford dealership. I went to the Veteran Administration for monetary help, and tried to qualify for their trust funds, they recommended several auto shop but I did not qualify. They said that I could afford to pay for my repairs. I has this truck towed to AAMCO They gave me a good price of $2388.00 for labor and parts, there is a Technical Service Bulletin on the Truck TSB1 and TSB2. Ford is very aware of the problems with the Timing Chain on this make an model of this truck. AAMCO repaired the timing chain issue and did a pressure test only to find that the pressure on cylinder 2 3 6 was 65 70 70 and should be 130 in order to be in spec. Now the head has to be sent to a shop for repair and the 4 valves per cylinder replaced. at least another $1500.00. I am hurt. paying on a Ford truck that broken down on me and my 13 year old son and I must still pay the truck note. I am communicating with Ford customer services but will not receive and help because it is not a Ford dealership. I am pissed because Ford Motor Company knows about this timing chain issue, they have a TSB explaining this issue, and this may cost me $4000.00 that I don't have. Built Ford Tough!!!!

F 150 super truck
By crazygun2469@gmail.com

2011 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

The first truck I have ever owned that rides like a luxury car.

Ford F-150 Supercrew review
By Collin

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Limited 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Ford F-150 is one of the most popular cars or trucks out on the road in the past few years. I was lucky enough to purchase one a few years ago. I am a proud owner of the Ford F-150 Super Crew. The Ford F-150 Super Crew is one of the best trucks I have ever had the chance to drive. The pure size of the truck makes it that much better to haul equipment or even supplies for the job that you are working on. It can hold a lot of equipment for any sport you want to play. When choosing a truck you always need to look at the durability. With the F-150 and its Steel frame it?s durability is top of the class in regards to trucks. Since purchasing this truck in 2011 we have had no issues with it. The only thing we have brought it in for was for its regular oil change. We have a cabin in the North Woods of Michigan and it takes a beating up there but has never failed on us or had anything break because of it. There are many uses for the Ford F-150. I mainly use it for moving around college and hauling my dirt bikes and ATV?s around when trying to find places to ride. My dad, his two brothers, and their uncle use it for hunting when I am not using it. It has done wonders for their hunting trips being able to carry all the decoys and guns that they have when they go. All five of them fit comfortably in the truck and they are all over 6?2?. When hauling a trailer behind it, it feels like there is nothing back there. When looking at the truck one of the bad things about it would be that the fake chrome on the handles is starting to peel off so it looks cheap when it does. Another would be the cost to fill up the massive 32-gallon tank. Some of the pros are that it is the most reliable truck/car I have ever owned. In conclusion the Ford F-150 would get 5/5 stars in my book. For the beating that my family and myself has put it through it has yet to have anything happen to it, which is exactly, what you want in a truck.

• SUV