2010 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Throw away the Bow tie

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Throw away the Bow tie
By butch0630 on

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this dark blue beauty at the end of the year and got a super buy. Rock solid performance and comfort features galore. I pull a trailer and truck has hard time adjusting to steep downhill grades at low speed. Engine want to rev real load and first time is scary. Went to dealer and they told me this was normal. Biggest suggestion is you spend as much time selecting a dealer as yo do the vehicle. I drove 3 hours and bought a vehicle from a ealer who did not offer best price but there service and the way they treated me was well worth the cost. Had proplem with a flat tire and local dealer did not want to honor the nitrogen warantee. My dealer took care of it over the phone.

Favorite Features

Love the ride and the looks I get going down the road.

Suggested Improvements

a bit more beef in power would make this vehicle untouchable
By arbrn_hntr
on 06/30/13 15:12 PM (PDT)

The engine revs up on steep declines because the truck is using the engine to help slow down the truck. This happens when in the "tow" mode. If you are pulling a trailer that has trailer brakes, you can shift out of the "tow" feature to keep the rpms low and use the trailer brakes.