Three weeks and having 2nd thoughts.
By Finler on
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
Well first let me start by saying I really like the F150 XLT line. My XLT came with the 5.4 L V8 Flex Fuel Engine. Which was not a selectable option for this review. The quiet ride is great. Sync tech is really cool and a treat to use. I traded in a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with approx 25,000 miles. At first I didn't realize that this newer model wasn't as capable. I was whisked away by the look, creature comforts and rhetoric of the salesman. Shame on me for not investigating further. My old truck would tow approx 9200+ lbs while this one will only tow approx 8100+ lbs. The problem isn't the engine, it's the axle ratio. Why did they marry a 5.4 v8 to a 3.31 axle? Reduced performance? NOT GOOD.
Favorite Features
I love the look of the vehicle inside and out! I went with the Blue Flame two tone with Silver. It's a head turned. With a family of six plenty of room in the spacious cab. Hands free SYNC tech really handy when speaking on the phone. Plus vehicle health reports - No need for a code readers.
Suggested Improvements
Drivers side grab handle. XLT should not be married to an under preforming axle ratio especially when engine is upgraded to a 5.4L V8 (It just doesn't make sense.) I know, I know, my fault for not checking. Over all happy and sad at the same time. Not a good combination when purchasing a new truck.