Siox speed tranny is useless
By brawler on
2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
This is my sixth F150 in addition I have owned two full size broncos. All had the 351 or 5.4 motor except one bronco had 1 400. I love fords, but this new one with a 6-speed transmission is aggravating. This thing shifts constantly in city driving. I wish i had my 2006 4-speed automatic in it.Driving up a slight hill in traffic the tranny seems like it slips, then it slams. It is far from smooth. You feel each and every shift no matter what speed. The interior is nice, this one has a floor shift, looks nice but you lose storage space...and you do not realize how much you used the floor in front of the console until its gone. I like it, I am praying for a service bulletin on the transmission.
Favorite Features
Black carpet / interior is a nice change I have the basic sound system and its amazing. Blue dash lights are less obtrusive driving at night.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission stinks. In sync system should be able to be turned off easily when you want to use the phone privately. Now you have to reach over to the dash and hit a series of buttons while on the phone and driving.