2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: 2010 F-150 King Ranch 4X4

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

King Ranch SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

2010 F-150 King Ranch 4X4
By Al on

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd King Ranch & 4th F-Series truck since 1997. They just keep getting better. Replaced my 2005 model with this 2010; wow, what a difference. Re-worked 5.4 liter engine barely labors to move this truck around. More fuel efficient, much, much roomier cab front & back, quiet as a Lexus, significantly better brakes. Love the styling inside & out. Opted for all the toys including 20" wheels, limited-slip 3.55 rear gear ratio, Navi with 700 watt Sony sound system (including subwoofer under the rear seat), sliding rear window, moonroof, and Platinum white tri- coat metallic paint. I find myself looking back for a second glance at the truck every time I drive it.

Favorite Features

Hard to pick out a single favorite since the whole package is better than the total sum of its parts, and much improved over the previous generation F-150. My kids love the heated rear seats, SYNC, and Sony Navi sound system.

Suggested Improvements

A slightly narrower "B" pillar and smaller headrests would eliminate the blind spot on the driver's side. Chrome exhaust tip should be standard on this trim. Lack of a driver's side grab handle seems an oversight by the engineers. Driver's power window should be 1 touch down AND up.