2010 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Impressed

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Platinum SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Impressed
By Backwoods on

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Prior, owned 06 quad dodge with Cummins. I wasn't really into the physical exterior design on the F-150. First choice was the Dodge w/Hemi but the drone of the exhaust at highway speeds was more than I wanted to deal with on long trips. Second, Chevy (gas mileage record) but the interior (black fabric) was more than I could handle (cheesy to say the least, plus lints terribly. Anyways, the F-150 is the quietest and smoothest of the three by far. Coming from a Diesel this 5.4 w/3.55 axle is surprising, Would have gotten the 3.31 axle but couldn't get with anti-lock rear. IMO this 5.4 has sufficient power to pull with the higher axle UNLESS you tow heavy/long distance. Averaging 16mpg.

Favorite Features

Ride, it smoother/quieter than my Toyota Van. Tail Gate step is a plus for us older guys. Power rear window (biggie). Like the interior colors compared to others.

Suggested Improvements

Yes, getting picky! Needs Telescoping wheel to utilize all the seat adjustment (huge). Hand hold for driver. Larger camera image in mirror and power on switch to monitor rear if necessary (especially what it cost) Box height difficult to reach over (I am 6'3"). Inside storage space lacking.