Best Trade off ever, aside from the MPG
By Bennett Vaughn on
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
After 35k miles, the air compressor went out on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 and the monthly visits to the dealership for check engine light, I knew it was time to get the truck Ive always wanted. I have wanted a truck for years but I always get talked out of it, perhaps because I'm a girl. Although I have only had this truck for a month, I love it. She is such a beast. Mine came with the tow and chrome package in cherry red. I expect to have this car beyond 35k miles, hopefully at least 200,000. It is a bit jerky when shifting gears and slow to accelerate. The biggest problem is the MPG, at 14.4 50/50 city/highway not even close to EPA 21 MPG. My monthly fuel bill will surpass my car note.
Favorite Features
MSRP 39+K, got it for 31K,Super crew cab, the grill, the tailgate panel, Sync, running boards, ( I'm only 5'6"), capless fuel tank, flexfuel option, deep bed, seating for 6, 10 cup holders, flat floor, 4x4 option available but from what I heard won't need it until at least a foot of snow.
Suggested Improvements
Better MPG, I only get 14.4 mpg with city/highway driving, lighted vanity mirrors, trailer break hookup standard on XLT models, all season floor mats (especially for Iowa winters), 1 touch up and down windows, grip bar for driver side (haven't figured a way to get in truck yet w/o steering wheel.