Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford First Time Buyer
By Carlos

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had me eyes set on a Tundra, until saw and drove this vehicle, for the price you get more with the Ford. I have never owned a Ford. I have no regrets in buying, this looks and feels really good.

Comfort and power

a little more compartment storage

Blue Flame FX4 nicely loaded
By BMW

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a Transit Connect for a while this year, and decided to trade it for the 2010 FX4 F150. Was a great move I think. The FX4 thus far impresses me as a very smooth ride. Barely touch the gas and this truck moves. Once in a while you get a little wheel hop in the back, but it's not felt up front by the driver. I like the styling and lines of the new F150. The box is the right size. Interior is plenty spacious for the single guy, although I do like the back floor space way better in the Super Crew. Love using all the features like Sunroof, power slider window, leather seats(seem durable although probably not the richest hides), + more. I think the 10 FX4 holds its own against any full size truck.

Wow. You can see over almost anything on the road and see for miles. Great value when loaded with options compared to a few of the pricier models in the F150 lineup (like the Harley version). Capable hauling or pulling just about anything.

Design it more after the Harley versions. I like those and the interior materials way best. I opted for no navigation which I think is vastly overpriced and could be obsolete in a few years anyway. Plus I did not want to have to use a touchscreen while driving. Use a portable navigation if needed.

The King
By Wayne

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my King Ranch now for about 6 weeks now and I am loving it. So far haven't had any problems with it (not that I am expecting any). Bought it to replace my 2008 XLT and let me say that this is a huge improvement over the XLT. The interior space is bigger, have not problem fitting kids back there with all their toys and stuff. Love that my son can no longer kick the back of my seat.

Love the backup camera, Sync system, steering wheel controls and the ride comfort. Its a truck but have the comforts of a luxury car.

It would be nice to have a driver side grab handle, and the Sony System is not worth it, sounds awful when its cranked up.

What's not to like?
By Jim

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I became a Ford man in '79 after a bad experience with a Pontiac. Since then I've owned three Ford cars and five Ford trucks. My 2010 F-150 Lariat supercrew is the best so far. The amenities and ride comfort are like a very nice sedan, but it is ALL truck where it counts. Handling is exceptional whether towing or not. Truck sits higher than my '05 F-150 but for some reason, they excluded the driver's side assist handle that was on my '05.

Sync, heated/cooled front seats, backup cam, interior room, traction control.

Entry/exit assist handles for all doors.

Love The Truck - BUT
By USAF Retired

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved my truck upon delivery. However, I quickly found out that when I parked slightly nose- down in my driveway or anywhere else, my fuel gauge and computer would set to "empty". It would not reset until after driving over 10 miles, so I took to dealer. Twice. Said since there is not a service bulletin out...nothing they can do! I don't trust the gauge, and I've posted many queries on F150 forums and no one else reports this problem. I'm hoping mine is unique. I've contacted Ford since my dealer can't (or won't) fix the issue. I hate paying $30,000 for a vehicle with such a malfunction. Other than this, the truck is comfortable and all I wanted it to be.

Comfortable seats, SYNC, chrome package.

Backup camera should be standard on all XLTs as a matter of safety; driver's assist handle.