Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
WOW!
By RedRaider12345678 on 03/30/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a avid GM guy for as long as I can remember. Ford has blown them away with this truck. Drives great, feels good, and it looks a lot classier than GM products evenly equipped. Don't think I will be going back to GM as long as ford keeps this up.

Great Truck
By Josh on 03/28/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck to drive. I drive around 5000 miles a month, so I want something that got good gas mileage and was comfortable to drive. I am so glad that I bought this truck. Most of my driving is on the interstate at 73 mph and I have been averaging between 22- 23 mpg. Last week I loaded it down with 10 large valves and drove 350 miles, I averaged 21 mpg. Can't believe how much leg room for the people in the back seat

4.6 with 6 speed for best mileage
By prius_driver on 03/28/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought this truck to replace my 1998 F250, this one is a big step up with a smooth ride and much better gas mileage. Rated 14/20 city/hwy, but the fine print shows drivers will get 17 to 24 on the highway. Took a 100 mile round trip on Thursday and got 23.0 mpg in mostly highway driving. Pretty good for a truck, and much better than my 1998 F250 that had the 4 spd auto. with 5.4 liter engine, that one got about 17 mpg on the highway for me.

Won't start
By larry on 03/20/10 18:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Like the truck a lot. Always been a Chevy man. Please help, truck runs great, and then when you shut off, it wont start. Intermediately. Dealership can't find the problem been in the shop twice, cant find anything wrong. Very disappointed. Anyone else have this happening?

Great Truck. Fun to drive!
By titleist8 on 03/16/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck to drive. Feels very solid and handles very good. I am using this truck as our family car and my kids love to ride in it. My wife drives this truck often and loves to drive it also. I have been absolutely pleased with this truck. I tried them all and Ford is the best and they did not take government money.

Great Truck so far
By NYJim on 03/13/10 18:33 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought 2010 XLT with 4.6 3v to replace a 2008 ranger. Previously had 2005 STX 4x4. This is by far superior. Plenty of power, rides like a car, smooth shifting, quiet cabin and decent fuel mileage for a full size. Getting about 17.5 so far but it isn't broke in yet. The 08 ranger only averaged about 16.5 with the 4.0 v6. The improved braking system is very noticeable. Sync is one of the best features available. Ford should make it standard. It is somewhat hard to find on STX and XLT's. Got a great truck at a great price. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a truck.

Back to Ford
By Phil on 03/13/10 14:06 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced 04 Titan with this truck after numerous problems with power train. This truck is of much higher quality in every respect. Comfort is outstanding. Interior fantastic. Very quiet. Engine bay could use a bit of a make over. Inner fender liners please. I've had to wash my engine after muddy roads. MPG not bad for a truck of this size and capability with regular gas. Very comfortable when towing the horse trailer. Built in trailer brake and skid controls are excellent. Longer wheel base seems more comfortable to me. Overall, a great addition to the history of Ford trucks.

Ford Got It Right
By Kansas City Ford on 03/12/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove the big three trucks (Ford, Chevy, Dodge). They all have good trucks but Ford has the best over all package. Bang for the buck, Ford won my money hands down. The ride is smooth for a truck and it's extremely quiet. I brought the XLT 4X4 with 5K worth of options cheaper than stripped down models (in the same trim level) of the rivals. I live on a gravel road 1/2 from the main road. I feared, every time it snowed, that I would not get to work ( not anymore). With 3.55 limited slip and 4X4 I cut through snow like it's butter (even 4 ft drifts). The traction control is worth the cost of the truck alone, it greatly reduces the need for 4X4 for the average user. Job well done Ford!

Great truck for the money
By Tom on 02/28/10 21:13 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got a great truck for the money. Did not get the power windows, mirrors or locks and wish I did, but got the cruse, fancy wheels and tires and fog lights that I need on trips. A lot more quite than I thought it would be. The power stinks with the four speed trans, I have had six's with more pick up and go. Going to add duel exhaust which should pop up the gas millage and power a little. But over all, well worth the money and a sharp looking truck, tough looking and great ride. Very happy I bought it and would recommend it to anyone. Ordered a color match fiberglass cap to use on long trips and got the tube step bars and carpet cover for the dash.

2010 F-150 King Ranch 4X4
By Al on 02/26/10 20:31 PM (PST)

This is my 2nd King Ranch & 4th F-Series truck since 1997. They just keep getting better. Replaced my 2005 model with this 2010; wow, what a difference. Re-worked 5.4 liter engine barely labors to move this truck around. More fuel efficient, much, much roomier cab front & back, quiet as a Lexus, significantly better brakes. Love the styling inside & out. Opted for all the toys including 20" wheels, limited-slip 3.55 rear gear ratio, Navi with 700 watt Sony sound system (including subwoofer under the rear seat), sliding rear window, moonroof, and Platinum white tri- coat metallic paint. I find myself looking back for a second glance at the truck every time I drive it.