Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Beautiful but gutless
By Medic583

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Couldn't pass up the deal on the platinum. The Dodge sport had the ride and motor that Ford could only dream of, the Chevy had. Old design on everything and the Ford. Truly has every creature comfort known. Everyone tells me this is the most luxurious vehicle they have ever been in and I have to agree. Needs a real motor though, we use our f150's as trucks and actually pull things. The anemic little 5.4 has to hit 4000 rpm constantly to even keep the speed limit when towing (and can't keep up). Don't try passing, don't expect anything more than an overgrown 6 cylinder Motor brings down the whole reason for buying a truck (no, we don't need a f250).

Air/Heat blowing through seats! Nav works awesome, sync sorta works with IPhone, back seats are so comfortable with leg room, rear seats fold up for flat cargo area, tailgate step rocks, auto wipers are amazing, love almost everything except motor and outdated interface for sync/nav

Sync/Nav system is outdated tech from years gone by and needs to be current technology (useless HD needs CD's, USB format is Fat32, etc). 5.4L drops mileage in half when towing, no power, worst motor of all 8 cylinder (need to bring back a 5.7L style torque motor).

Previous Chevy owner, will never go back
By Eric123

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Got rid of my problematic 09 Silverado in favor of a 2010 Supercrew XLT 4x4 in sterling gray with the chrome package (XTR here in Canada), and am happy to say that i am in love with this truck. 3000 kilometers and completely reliable. the employee price event shaved 10 grand off the price. i would recommend this truck to anyone. fuel economy is not perfect, but it's definitely better than the 6.0 i had in the Chevy.

Sterling Grey, $2000 XTR package, SYNC, bolster and lumbar support, it's GORGEOUS, rear legroom, great visibility, 5.4 L v8 is both better on gas and more impressive than the 6.0 GM motor, i could go on for days.

black interior on XLT's, rear view camera standard on Supercrew.

Three weeks and having 2nd thoughts.
By Finler

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Well first let me start by saying I really like the F150 XLT line. My XLT came with the 5.4 L V8 Flex Fuel Engine. Which was not a selectable option for this review. The quiet ride is great. Sync tech is really cool and a treat to use. I traded in a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with approx 25,000 miles. At first I didn't realize that this newer model wasn't as capable. I was whisked away by the look, creature comforts and rhetoric of the salesman. Shame on me for not investigating further. My old truck would tow approx 9200+ lbs while this one will only tow approx 8100+ lbs. The problem isn't the engine, it's the axle ratio. Why did they marry a 5.4 v8 to a 3.31 axle? Reduced performance? NOT GOOD.

I love the look of the vehicle inside and out! I went with the Blue Flame two tone with Silver. It's a head turned. With a family of six plenty of room in the spacious cab. Hands free SYNC tech really handy when speaking on the phone. Plus vehicle health reports - No need for a code readers.

Drivers side grab handle. XLT should not be married to an under preforming axle ratio especially when engine is upgraded to a 5.4L V8 (It just doesn't make sense.) I know, I know, my fault for not checking. Over all happy and sad at the same time. Not a good combination when purchasing a new truck.

Beat The Ram
By 00fxsts

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was sold on the HEMI Ram after reading the reviews.. Have a Hemi in my '06 Grand Cherokee. A blast to drive, great engine. Terrible mileage but I did not buy the Hemi for mileage. Promised myself I would also drive the Ford but left the Dodge dealership sold on the Ram. Drove the Ford and started seeing many differences similar to my old Mountaineer that the Ram (Chrysler) does not have. The 150 seems to be sleeker with better visibility. Cab on Ram seemed big and somewhat chunkier. I drive a Semi so big is not an issue but I don't have to park it in the 'Mall of America' ramp on weekend shopping trips. Just felt better in the 150. Getting approx. 18 mpg combined after 3000 miles.

Everything. Sync is cool but is it worth $300? Very comfy!

Sync is a little 'funky' at first. Seems to be a 'standard' feature for $300. Didn't want Sirius either but also a 'standard' feature for $200. Engine is a little underpowered but it is a truck, buy a 'Vette if you need POWER.

Best Trade off ever, aside from the MPG
By Bennett Vaughn

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 35k miles, the air compressor went out on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 and the monthly visits to the dealership for check engine light, I knew it was time to get the truck Ive always wanted. I have wanted a truck for years but I always get talked out of it, perhaps because I'm a girl. Although I have only had this truck for a month, I love it. She is such a beast. Mine came with the tow and chrome package in cherry red. I expect to have this car beyond 35k miles, hopefully at least 200,000. It is a bit jerky when shifting gears and slow to accelerate. The biggest problem is the MPG, at 14.4 50/50 city/highway not even close to EPA 21 MPG. My monthly fuel bill will surpass my car note.

MSRP 39+K, got it for 31K,Super crew cab, the grill, the tailgate panel, Sync, running boards, ( I'm only 5'6"), capless fuel tank, flexfuel option, deep bed, seating for 6, 10 cup holders, flat floor, 4x4 option available but from what I heard won't need it until at least a foot of snow.

Better MPG, I only get 14.4 mpg with city/highway driving, lighted vanity mirrors, trailer break hookup standard on XLT models, all season floor mats (especially for Iowa winters), 1 touch up and down windows, grip bar for driver side (haven't figured a way to get in truck yet w/o steering wheel.