2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Excellent Truck
By mike on 06/28/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked around and did a lot of research looking at Chevy, Dodge, Toyota and Ford. I needed a truck that my wife would love to ride in and that would get the job done. We needed a half ton truck to pull a travel trailer and for everyday use. We didn't want or need a 3/4 or one ton truck. I wanted the max towing that any half ton could offer and Ford won hands down. Got the max tow package with the 3.73 rear end, trailer brake, etc. It will tow 11,200 as a half ton. Incredible.. It's fun to drive, does the job and the interior rivals my wife's Lexus RX-350.

Great Truck
By Dave on 06/23/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I followed the Edmunds suggestions for getting a quote online which helped me get a great deal on this truck. By the time I went into the dealer the price was finalized and all that was left to do was take a test drive and do the paperwork. Most of the dealers you contact online will not email you an actual window sticker from a truck they have on their lot, they want to get you in there first so they can work on you. Some will go halfway and send you a bogus window sticker with a price quote which means nothing. The real sticker in the email when you get one will look exactly like a window sticker in the lot giving you all the info on the truck including a vin #.

Good So FAr
By robbybutler on 06/14/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I'm very satisfied with my Ford F150. I have taken a 600 mile trip, kids were comfortable and I average around 18-19 MPG. On the open highway 85 90 MPH is not a bad cruising speed in this truck. The rear seats legroom is plentiful, you can seat three across with no problem.

Smooth Transmission
By dwr on 06/10/10 16:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I actually got an XLT with the 6.5' bed. One of the reasons I went with the 2010 was the 6spd transmission. I am glad I went with a new one over a 2yr old used one that I was looking at. You don't notice when the 6 spd upshifts even two gears. Very smooth. The cabin of the 10' is very large and you can fit three adults in back without any problems. The XLT models can be dressed up quite nicely without going all the way to a Lariat, I didn't care if I had leather or not so for me the XLT was fine. The upgraded Capt. chairs are very comfortable. The 5.4 should have enough power to tow what I want and the 6.5' bed will meet my needs.

Nice, but not as well built as my 2004.
By BryanWJ3178 on 06/03/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had dreamed of this truck for some time. And God answered my prayers! Love the truck, but it has issues. A few days after purchase, I noticed a blob of paint above the driver tail light. Came like that from the factory. Went round and round with Ford, I got an extended warranty for 75k miles and free oil changes. Whoop de doo, GM offers a better warranty standard. I have 1700 miles on it and already have 2-3 rattles. And the transmission shifts ROUGH into 3rd gear, almost like its going to break sometimes. Also, sync does not always recognize names. Other than that, I love the truck. This is my 5th F150, and might be my last. Ford could care less if I am satisfied though.

This Ford Rules!
By Perry on 05/23/10 22:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

So far I only have about 300 miles on this new ford, but I love it. I replaced a 2007 Chevy Avalanche which I am very loyal to Chevrolet, but when compared to this truck the Avalanche can't compare. The Ford beats the Chevy across the board. From the comfortable interior design to it's awesome exterior appearance that just WOW's anyone who see's it. It drives like a luxury vehicle and when you get inside - WOW - where did the world go. Great Job to the engineers who designed this Lariat - I do not regret the move from Chevy to Ford!

Love This FX4!
By BR549 on 05/10/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Only have about 250 miles on this so far, but love it. I got this to replace my 2005 Taco. The interior layout is almost exactly like my old truck, but with more horsepower, more room, more bells/whistles and more creature comforts. I want to get the engine broken in before I report any actual mileage.

Excellent Truck
By David on 05/09/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded my 2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner for this truck. Hard to believe for about the same money Ford delivers so much more and the gas mileage is about the same. Driving it home from the dealer I was getting 24 miles to the gallon in highway driving at 55mph. Around town I am getting around 16. The Tacoma got 17 in town and about 20 on the highway so I am very happy. It is extremely comfortable and with the Red Candy Tint Metallic color, it looks great too.

Traded Tundra for F150
By Traded Tundra for F1 on 05/06/10 16:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited for the 2010 Ford F150 Platinum. I always thought the Tundra was a nice truck until I got into the Platinum. The ride is better, the interior finishes are far superior to the Toyota, the styling is better, and overall it is a much nicer vehicle. Sure the Tundra has better horsepower but how many people really need those additional horses. The Ford has adequate power and so far looks to get slightly better gas mileage (but when you buy these vehicles that isn't necessarily your first concern). I have had several folks comment on how nice of a truck this is (that never happened with the Tundra!)

1st time Ford owner
By Screwboy on 05/05/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Only had truck for 2 weeks but already have 2,500 miles. I never liked Ford's interior until the 09 rebuild. Far better materials and look to the interior. Truck rides very well on the highway and in town. I'm surprised at how maneuverable the SuperCrew is in town. Hauls and tows with ease. I regularly haul 800-1,600 lbs and this truck makes it easy. The gas mileage has been impressive (to me) with 17 in town and 22 on the highway. I have a light foot but drive 70-75 mph on the highway. The bailout (or lack thereof) had a little weight on my decision but it wasn't the main factor. This is the first Ford product in my family and so far I'm impressed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$123 per month*