Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
I got one!
By Charles

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excited to have been able to get a deal on the RAPTOR after multiple tries at other dealers. Drove it home through a snow storm and trailered the car I was driving when I stopped in at the dealer. It handled the loaded trailer well; I was cautious not to run it hard or jerky over the hills and pass. It is a truck first and foremost. Plan to have it a long time...would suggest it to anyone over other available extra cab and some 4 door trucks. It is fun to drive, use and rely on.

Favorite Features

It's Orange with Orange interior. Every comment of those seeing the RAPTOR like the look. One person commented saying is that your transformer? I chuckled, said yes, however it is much more because of its off road capabilities. Glad to have the optional moon roof,navi-radio,& ladder tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

On little hills the 6 speed trans does seek a little trying to find the best gear to keep a steady speed. I have been using the foot feed, tow/haul button and downshifting but have not found its comfortable RPM. However in its defense the RAPTOR only has 380 miles on it.

Working truck
By Blue collar guy

2010 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I seem to be one of the few that buys a truck to use as a truck. I am more interested in the motor, frame, tranny, rearend than if it has heated seats or I can plug my IPOD in or heated seats.I haul with this truck an drive it into fields. down graval roads an in the snow. The truck does very well doing all these things. An I feel its the best bang for the money. The frame is very stiff no flex an the truck likes to work. If you are looking for a truck that you are going to use as a truck this truck will serve you well. I am getting around 18mpg an that ok with me it's a truck not a little car. I have 3.73 rear gears in this truck for towing an hauling.

Favorite Features

towing package an the locking diff rear end. An the tranny temp gauge.An all the other gauges oil psi temp tack.

Suggested Improvements

A handle on the driverside window post An a real ashtray.

Problems with less than 6000 miles
By Richard

2010 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this truck the first 4000 miles. Now i'm starting to have problems. Electrical part had to be replaced which controls trac control. Now the truck has miss in engine when first starting been to shop 3 times no one seems to know what problem is going back for 4th time. They say maybe fuel injector. I'm a ford man since 96 but maybe not for long if they don't get fixed!

Favorite Features

Ride is great gas mileage around 20 which is great. Drives like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs some wheel whale covers. Needs cup holders in fold down console.

2 1/2 years of trouble-free dependability
By ford4sure

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was the 2nd owner of this 2010 F150 Lariat. It had 33,000 on it and 3000 miles remaining on the warranty (of which expired 2 years ago) when I got it. Now it has 53,500 on it. I HAVE NOT done a thing to it except maintenance oil changes, rotate tires and put gas in it. Great dependability, good riding truck and a pleasure to drive. I occasionally pull a trailer but the truck does not even know it is back there. Very happy and very pleased with the truck and its quality. No issues what-so-ever. Good job Ford. Great Truck.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride. Roomy interior. Powerful 5.4-L V8. Love the cooled/vented front seats (I live in hot and humid Florida).

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic on the dashboard and between the front seat consol. It is easy to scratch. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Unstoppable Beast
By shaun5r

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is wicked. Drives over everything with ease at all kinds of speeds. Medians, curbs, fallen trees, sand berms, The functionality is so impressive. It catches everyone's eye, and teenagers hang out their parents' minivan to take a picture of it on the highway! So far, max speed of 75mph off road in sand with full off-road, rear-locked, 4x4, and just simply [violative content deleted]. People have called it: wicked, awesome, menacing, mean, bad ass. Two drawbacks. Slow transmission shift. Very slow delay and it's very annoying to try and time acceleration around traffic. (passing) Also, one of the speakers is blown out after 4 months of owning it new. Covered by ford!

Favorite Features

Favorite Features: - Sync & Bluetooth! Love it! - Off Road mode (Seriously impressive) - The look (Very aggressive) - Pre-wired switchbox

Suggested Improvements

Improvements: - Get off-road lights! - Spray bedliner and rolling tonneau cover.