Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

It jumps!
By scox84

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Mustang in June of 2009, a year later I was still hooked on the truck I saw in the parking lot then, so I traded in the mustang for a truck. Rarely has a mere mortal made a better decision. I have taken this truck up to 100mph off road in the desserts of New Mexico with the rear diff locked in 4x4. It loves it, still drives straight, and always ask for more. The ride is smooth even in really rough conditions relative to other trucks/SUVs. Biggest thing, long travel suspension on a truck meant to be jumped; as a responsible American I feel it's my duty to jump something once a week, and I do. Again, truck couldn't drive straighter, control arms are BEASTLY!

Favorite Features

Off-road ability and very effective off- road mode. 35" Tires stock, long travel suspension, practical toy. It's 7+ inches wider which is noticeable in the cab and while turning, there is much less body roll than a typical truck. Everyone notices it, people have even taken videos passing by on the road

Suggested Improvements

I would have spent the extra money for the 6.2 if I had it to do over. Annoying jack location on back floor is inconvenient unless you need it often. Most of the ladies in my parts still seem to prefer the Mustang GT over the Raptor... but the Raptor is roomier!

Traded 08 for 10, impressed so far!
By BlackHillsf150

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in an 08 F150 XLT Supercrew with a 5.4, automatic thinking that all I was getting was an updated grill. Found out it's a completely different truck. Six speed is a plus, backseat leg room is impressive, more power than the 08, SYNC is nice and all my goodies swapped over (bed liner, cover, tool box). Miss my old back up camera.

Favorite Features

6 speed, fuel mileage, SYNC. Flex option (lots of E-85 in SD).

Suggested Improvements

Better looking XLT tire/rim package. Back up camera should be standard on a pickup. A handy way of wiring aftermarket options instead of splicing into whatever you can find.

Love this truck
By harveyzoo

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 Platinum with all options except the tailgate step. Seats (front/back) are incredibly roomy. Good quality leather. Comfortable steering wheel. Sync is easy to use. MPG is BTA with around 18- 19 in SE Virginia. The worst has been 16.5. We drive very easy. Nice ride height. Excellent finish inside with no issues. With the 5.4 L mated to the 3.73 ratio, it has plenty of power for passing. I usually don't nail it off the line, I have my 2011 Mustang GT for that. Great family truck with good tow capacity for a 1/2 ton. Excellent visibility and the platinum finish is gorgeous. Pirelli tires look/handle great, although, I'm sure they will be $$$ to replace. We like all the options.

Favorite Features

Power slider, quality leather, steering wheel comfort w/ SYNC, backup camera, impressive looks, gas mileage is better than expected, interior room,

Suggested Improvements

No reading lights in back, lack of seat mounted arm rests like my 2000 F150 had, should have "auto down" on all windows from driver, better shocks with the pirelli's.

Impressed
By Backwoods

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Prior, owned 06 quad dodge with Cummins. I wasn't really into the physical exterior design on the F-150. First choice was the Dodge w/Hemi but the drone of the exhaust at highway speeds was more than I wanted to deal with on long trips. Second, Chevy (gas mileage record) but the interior (black fabric) was more than I could handle (cheesy to say the least, plus lints terribly. Anyways, the F-150 is the quietest and smoothest of the three by far. Coming from a Diesel this 5.4 w/3.55 axle is surprising, Would have gotten the 3.31 axle but couldn't get with anti-lock rear. IMO this 5.4 has sufficient power to pull with the higher axle UNLESS you tow heavy/long distance. Averaging 16mpg.

Favorite Features

Ride, it smoother/quieter than my Toyota Van. Tail Gate step is a plus for us older guys. Power rear window (biggie). Like the interior colors compared to others.

Suggested Improvements

Yes, getting picky! Needs Telescoping wheel to utilize all the seat adjustment (huge). Hand hold for driver. Larger camera image in mirror and power on switch to monitor rear if necessary (especially what it cost) Box height difficult to reach over (I am 6'3"). Inside storage space lacking.

Another Winner
By jcagle

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After growing up in a Ford family and owning a 04 and 06 f-150 and an 06 250 diesel i decided to look at other options with chevy and dodge. I quickly realized that Ford had the best cab, best look, and most power with great mileage. This truck has impressed me with its smooth shifting, easy and comfortable ride, and is a very quiet ride.

Favorite Features

SYNC, Traction control, Sirius radio, 36 gal. fuel tank (over 600 miles between stops)

Suggested Improvements

rear ac vents, drivers pull handle, and a heavier suspension for a little more towing capacity.