2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Blue Flame FX4 nicely loaded
By BMW on 08/27/10 00:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a Transit Connect for a while this year, and decided to trade it for the 2010 FX4 F150. Was a great move I think. The FX4 thus far impresses me as a very smooth ride. Barely touch the gas and this truck moves. Once in a while you get a little wheel hop in the back, but it's not felt up front by the driver. I like the styling and lines of the new F150. The box is the right size. Interior is plenty spacious for the single guy, although I do like the back floor space way better in the Super Crew. Love using all the features like Sunroof, power slider window, leather seats(seem durable although probably not the richest hides), + more. I think the 10 FX4 holds its own against any full size truck.

The King
By Wayne on 08/20/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my King Ranch now for about 6 weeks now and I am loving it. So far haven't had any problems with it (not that I am expecting any). Bought it to replace my 2008 XLT and let me say that this is a huge improvement over the XLT. The interior space is bigger, have not problem fitting kids back there with all their toys and stuff. Love that my son can no longer kick the back of my seat.

What's not to like?
By Jim on 08/19/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I became a Ford man in '79 after a bad experience with a Pontiac. Since then I've owned three Ford cars and five Ford trucks. My 2010 F-150 Lariat supercrew is the best so far. The amenities and ride comfort are like a very nice sedan, but it is ALL truck where it counts. Handling is exceptional whether towing or not. Truck sits higher than my '05 F-150 but for some reason, they excluded the driver's side assist handle that was on my '05.

Love The Truck - BUT
By USAF Retired on 08/18/10 06:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved my truck upon delivery. However, I quickly found out that when I parked slightly nose- down in my driveway or anywhere else, my fuel gauge and computer would set to "empty". It would not reset until after driving over 10 miles, so I took to dealer. Twice. Said since there is not a service bulletin out...nothing they can do! I don't trust the gauge, and I've posted many queries on F150 forums and no one else reports this problem. I'm hoping mine is unique. I've contacted Ford since my dealer can't (or won't) fix the issue. I hate paying $30,000 for a vehicle with such a malfunction. Other than this, the truck is comfortable and all I wanted it to be.

Good truck
By Rodneyp on 08/13/10 03:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 08 Dodge 1500 quad cab for the super crew 5.4 my Dodge had the Hemi but was 4x2 and I wanted a 4x4 and more space in the back for a new baby on the way. I really like the f150 and it the more I drive the more I like it. I looked at the 2010 Dodge crew cab and both were nice. The Dodge had more push you back in the seat power but overall the Ford was better when it came to road noise, seat comfort, rear cab space, and driving comfort. I also am concerned about Dodge's long term stability as a company. I am not a Ford fan boy this is the first Ford I have had in 14 years. I have owned more Chevys, but refuse to buy a Chevy now that it is government motors

The Beauty of it
By Big Stx on 08/10/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The one thing i know from a 96 to a 04 to a 2010 f150 is that for knows how to make a truck to withstand all the elements and still have a beautiful look about it. Yes you can have style and durability all in one. The f150 is to me the very best truck on the market, may not be the fastest or the sportiest but incorporates enough of all to well round the truck. You cab add so many aftermarket parts and accessories to just out right make this truck a masterpiece. Its just the beauty of the design. I'm in love for life baby. Thank you Ford, oh and by the way " didn't need no bail out money"

So far, so good
By Danny on 08/05/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2006 GMC Canyon that didn't survive being the meat in an Explorer/Dump Truck sandwich. So, went looking for a new truck, decided (thanks to the no-bailout policy) to go Ford. After looking around, determined the FX4 was the truck for me. I've had it Since late May, and made one 2500 miles trip with my family of 5 to 5 states. Everyone had room, plug ice chest and books/DVDs/pillows. All 3 car seats fit in back, with (minimal) seat room to spare. It's got a 700 watt sub, which sounds great. Moon roof extra, but kinda cool. Love the space, and I'm getting about the same mileage on the 2010 FX4 as I did on the 2006 Canyon, only with lots more weight/truck/engine (V8 vs I5, both 4WD).

Great Truck
By Daniel on 07/28/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has a lot of power of course coming from a 07 150 with the 4.2 v6 anything would have a lot of power. Think this truck is complete fit and finish. I'm very happy that I bought this truck for me and my family to travel with. Ford has done a great job with this truck.

Surprised by Ford
By bevila on 07/27/10 10:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

While I have been wanting a full size pickup for a while, it was on a whim that I drove the F-150 and I am glad I did. I was thinking about Toyota or Honda and after driving the Ford, there was no other choice. While this is a full size vehicle, I feel very comfortable driving it around the Northern Virginia area. It drives very well, the ride absorbs bumps in the rode, and the view over all the other cars is great. I am glad the Ford commercials sucked me in and convinced me to give Ford a try.

Problems with less than 6000 miles
By Richard on 07/26/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this truck the first 4000 miles. Now i'm starting to have problems. Electrical part had to be replaced which controls trac control. Now the truck has miss in engine when first starting been to shop 3 times no one seems to know what problem is going back for 4th time. They say maybe fuel injector. I'm a ford man since 96 but maybe not for long if they don't get fixed!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$123 per month*