2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best Trade off ever, aside from the MPG
By Bennett Vaughn on 08/31/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 35k miles, the air compressor went out on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 and the monthly visits to the dealership for check engine light, I knew it was time to get the truck Ive always wanted. I have wanted a truck for years but I always get talked out of it, perhaps because I'm a girl. Although I have only had this truck for a month, I love it. She is such a beast. Mine came with the tow and chrome package in cherry red. I expect to have this car beyond 35k miles, hopefully at least 200,000. It is a bit jerky when shifting gears and slow to accelerate. The biggest problem is the MPG, at 14.4 50/50 city/highway not even close to EPA 21 MPG. My monthly fuel bill will surpass my car note.

The King
By Wayne on 08/20/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my King Ranch now for about 6 weeks now and I am loving it. So far haven't had any problems with it (not that I am expecting any). Bought it to replace my 2008 XLT and let me say that this is a huge improvement over the XLT. The interior space is bigger, have not problem fitting kids back there with all their toys and stuff. Love that my son can no longer kick the back of my seat.

What's not to like?
By Jim on 08/19/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I became a Ford man in '79 after a bad experience with a Pontiac. Since then I've owned three Ford cars and five Ford trucks. My 2010 F-150 Lariat supercrew is the best so far. The amenities and ride comfort are like a very nice sedan, but it is ALL truck where it counts. Handling is exceptional whether towing or not. Truck sits higher than my '05 F-150 but for some reason, they excluded the driver's side assist handle that was on my '05.

Good truck
By Rodneyp on 08/13/10 03:53 AM (PDT)

I traded a 08 Dodge 1500 quad cab for the super crew 5.4 my Dodge had the Hemi but was 4x2 and I wanted a 4x4 and more space in the back for a new baby on the way. I really like the f150 and it the more I drive the more I like it. I looked at the 2010 Dodge crew cab and both were nice. The Dodge had more push you back in the seat power but overall the Ford was better when it came to road noise, seat comfort, rear cab space, and driving comfort. I also am concerned about Dodge's long term stability as a company. I am not a Ford fan boy this is the first Ford I have had in 14 years. I have owned more Chevys, but refuse to buy a Chevy now that it is government motors

So far, so good
By Danny on 08/05/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2006 GMC Canyon that didn't survive being the meat in an Explorer/Dump Truck sandwich. So, went looking for a new truck, decided (thanks to the no-bailout policy) to go Ford. After looking around, determined the FX4 was the truck for me. I've had it Since late May, and made one 2500 miles trip with my family of 5 to 5 states. Everyone had room, plug ice chest and books/DVDs/pillows. All 3 car seats fit in back, with (minimal) seat room to spare. It's got a 700 watt sub, which sounds great. Moon roof extra, but kinda cool. Love the space, and I'm getting about the same mileage on the 2010 FX4 as I did on the 2006 Canyon, only with lots more weight/truck/engine (V8 vs I5, both 4WD).

Vibrates and is on 2nd tranny
By clarence on 07/22/10 20:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was stuck between ford and dodge. I didn't want to spend much, being i use my trucks on my farm. Poynter ford gave me a cheaper price on the f150 then the ram so i took the ford. I now wish i drove off in the ram because this truck is nothing but trouble. I am going to buy a ram in the next two months.

Great truck
By DavidL on 07/22/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

I traded in a 2009 Toyota Tacoma supercrew due to transmission slipping in low gear and difficulty towing a 28 ft trailer. The Ford F-150 was my first choice but the Cash for Clunkers program removed most F-150s from lots when I was needing a truck, so I settled for the Tacoma but was never happy. The F-150 pulls the trailer with ease, has a built-in brake controller and a heavy-duty tow package. The amount of rear seat room for my kids is gigantic compared to the Tacoma. The truck is so quiet it is unreal! I average 20 mpg and usually maintain highway speeds of 65 mph. I installed Weather-Tech floor liners and a bed-liner. The SYNC system is a wonderful feature.

3rd Ford Truck
By Paydirt on 07/18/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Ford F150, and it's the best. I love the QUIET ride, its superb reliability, & its solid stance. In all three trucks, I never had a rattle or a squeak, nor a misfire in the engine. What's the big deal about the power? It has 320 hp, and it will damned well get up & go - faster than the other two I owned. I had owned 2 Z28 Camaros in the 90's, and I'm used to power. In 6 mos. I've never floored the accelerator; however, I did push it half-way down to pass a couple of cars on a long, steep hill. It roared & "slung" me up and around those cars without a sweat. I also love the "throaty" exhaust tone the engineers have given it. This truck is quality & class, through & through.

Very nice
By Jack on 07/13/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

Replaced my 2008 MKZ with this, which I bought after having a Yukon XL Denali for 3 years. This actually rides better than the MKZ and is QUIETER. It's really hard for me to use this as a "truck" though - it LOOKS SO GOOD. :-)

Nice but Vibrates?
By Michael on 07/08/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased a Platinum Ford F-150 and like the quality for the money, but am already annoyed after 150 miles with the constant vibration I feel when I drive it. I googled the problem and found that I am not by any means alone. There seems to be a big problem with either the drive shaft, tires, or alignment. I am hopeful I will get this fixed but what I read on message boards doesn't have me very excited. If this was fixed, I would be very pleased with the overall experience after just a week of driving the truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$117 per month*