Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

1st Ford Ever and Love it
By rdd007

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I thought my dad might have a stroke when I bought this F150......I've had many GM trucks and all had good luck, but decided to change. I really love this truck....got all the options moonroof, nav, rear camera, etc. I decided to get the max trailering packae w/ 3.73 gear and haven't noticed any difference in mileage from several friend's 3.55 gears. Seems to hold gears a little better. The 5.4 has plenty of power, but could use more (will be doing a programmer soon); just doesn't have the pep that my Chevy 6.2 has. It rides great and has tons of room and it's perfect for me with family and a job that keeps me on the road. Will give the ecoboost a try when it's been proven.

Navigation is pretty accurate!!, Sync, bluetooth, & Sony Stereo are awesome. Excellent amount of storage room in the back seat. Love Heated and Cooled seats. Rides just as good or better than the Chevy even with the 20" wheels. Love the solid White platinum paint without the lower two tone.

More power (looks like 2011 models have that solved). May try an Ecoboost after a full model year. Maybe a little more transmission calibration. Remote start?? Use 60 series tires instead of 55 for the 20's.

Absolutely Beautiful (Red Candy)!
By Adam

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I tow a 25 ft Gulf Stream Rv and the little 4.6L 3V has no problem pulling it as fast as you could ever want to go up any pass we've thrown at it in the Northwest. Even fast around corners in the mountains with an equalizer hitch and the trailer brake controller. The temps engine/trans never change once the vehicle is at operating temp no matter how hard you run it! (seriously) Oh and if you think you need a 5.4 to tow think again. Mine has the 9400 lbs. tow package. It takes off from the lights with serious thrust trailer or not you will be shocked. Imagine taking off in low range4. It is just like that every time. I have the 3:55 traction lock out back. The Red Candy paint is gorgeous!

6 spd. auto, sync, 4.6L 3V, message computers telling everything is a-ok and naming every tested part. Starting the truck is fool proof even for a goof. Blip the key and it will start itself every time 1st time. The words (Built Ford Tough) running across the computer screen after start up! Much more!

The price is scary! Luckily I had X- plan plus $4,500 customer cash plus $1,500 lease return customer loyalty cash and my old 04' Ranger 2wd was paid off. That said my 2010 listed over $36000. I took it away for about 23,000. after trade credit tax and license. My dealer was excellent! Columbia Ford

Ford "great value" and better than GMC
By Bilbur

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Turned in a 2007 GMC Sierra and bought this 2010 Ford Lariat in Sept. This is a great truck and real value over the 2010 GMC. Made one long trip so far and averaged 21.7 mpg @ 70 mph. Have been averaging 17.5 mpg locally through first 1600 miles. Truck is comfortable and quiet and my friends are amazed at its interior roominess. Leather seats are plush and options such as temp controls, back up camera and warning system, memory seats, and automatic dimming mirrors are great. 5.4 V-8 provides sufficient power and torque. 6 spd tranny is good but sometimes searches between 5th and 6th gears at 70-72 mph depending on terrain.

Comfort, ride, plushness, heated & cooled seats, interior room.

One minor issue with me is the height (too low)of the door arm rest and especially the console. If these were about an inch or two higher, it would really enhance the driving position comfort. (they were perfect height in my 2007 GMC Sierra)

King ranch
By king ranch

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck. I traded in an escalade esv on the king ranch and love it

ac seats, sync, Sony voice navigation

Nice truck but
By rabbit

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Strengths of the 2010 Ford F150 CrewCab are the exceptionally large and comfortable back seat, the keypad door lock, and the smooth and comfortable ride. Controls are confusing, but you learn. At 5500 miles the newly design sealed transmission starting leaking transmission fluid. It is a good truck if you are close to a dealer who can keep it running.

Large back seat, big enough to seat 3 adults comfortably, or 1 adult plus two big child car seats.

Powertrain, especially new transmission, needs better quality control from factory.