2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Traded 08 for 10, impressed so far!
By BlackHillsf150 on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in an 08 F150 XLT Supercrew with a 5.4, automatic thinking that all I was getting was an updated grill. Found out it's a completely different truck. Six speed is a plus, backseat leg room is impressive, more power than the 08, SYNC is nice and all my goodies swapped over (bed liner, cover, tool box). Miss my old back up camera.

Love this truck
By harveyzoo on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 Platinum with all options except the tailgate step. Seats (front/back) are incredibly roomy. Good quality leather. Comfortable steering wheel. Sync is easy to use. MPG is BTA with around 18- 19 in SE Virginia. The worst has been 16.5. We drive very easy. Nice ride height. Excellent finish inside with no issues. With the 5.4 L mated to the 3.73 ratio, it has plenty of power for passing. I usually don't nail it off the line, I have my 2011 Mustang GT for that. Great family truck with good tow capacity for a 1/2 ton. Excellent visibility and the platinum finish is gorgeous. Pirelli tires look/handle great, although, I'm sure they will be $$$ to replace. We like all the options.

Impressed
By Backwoods on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Prior, owned 06 quad dodge with Cummins. I wasn't really into the physical exterior design on the F-150. First choice was the Dodge w/Hemi but the drone of the exhaust at highway speeds was more than I wanted to deal with on long trips. Second, Chevy (gas mileage record) but the interior (black fabric) was more than I could handle (cheesy to say the least, plus lints terribly. Anyways, the F-150 is the quietest and smoothest of the three by far. Coming from a Diesel this 5.4 w/3.55 axle is surprising, Would have gotten the 3.31 axle but couldn't get with anti-lock rear. IMO this 5.4 has sufficient power to pull with the higher axle UNLESS you tow heavy/long distance. Averaging 16mpg.

Another Winner
By jcagle on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After growing up in a Ford family and owning a 04 and 06 f-150 and an 06 250 diesel i decided to look at other options with chevy and dodge. I quickly realized that Ford had the best cab, best look, and most power with great mileage. This truck has impressed me with its smooth shifting, easy and comfortable ride, and is a very quiet ride.

Beautiful but gutless
By Medic583 on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Couldn't pass up the deal on the platinum. The Dodge sport had the ride and motor that Ford could only dream of, the Chevy had. Old design on everything and the Ford. Truly has every creature comfort known. Everyone tells me this is the most luxurious vehicle they have ever been in and I have to agree. Needs a real motor though, we use our f150's as trucks and actually pull things. The anemic little 5.4 has to hit 4000 rpm constantly to even keep the speed limit when towing (and can't keep up). Don't try passing, don't expect anything more than an overgrown 6 cylinder Motor brings down the whole reason for buying a truck (no, we don't need a f250).

Previous Chevy owner, will never go back
By Eric123 on 09/06/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Got rid of my problematic 09 Silverado in favor of a 2010 Supercrew XLT 4x4 in sterling gray with the chrome package (XTR here in Canada), and am happy to say that i am in love with this truck. 3000 kilometers and completely reliable. the employee price event shaved 10 grand off the price. i would recommend this truck to anyone. fuel economy is not perfect, but it's definitely better than the 6.0 i had in the Chevy.

Three weeks and having 2nd thoughts.
By Finler on 09/01/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Well first let me start by saying I really like the F150 XLT line. My XLT came with the 5.4 L V8 Flex Fuel Engine. Which was not a selectable option for this review. The quiet ride is great. Sync tech is really cool and a treat to use. I traded in a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with approx 25,000 miles. At first I didn't realize that this newer model wasn't as capable. I was whisked away by the look, creature comforts and rhetoric of the salesman. Shame on me for not investigating further. My old truck would tow approx 9200+ lbs while this one will only tow approx 8100+ lbs. The problem isn't the engine, it's the axle ratio. Why did they marry a 5.4 v8 to a 3.31 axle? Reduced performance? NOT GOOD.

Beat The Ram
By 00fxsts on 09/01/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was sold on the HEMI Ram after reading the reviews.. Have a Hemi in my '06 Grand Cherokee. A blast to drive, great engine. Terrible mileage but I did not buy the Hemi for mileage. Promised myself I would also drive the Ford but left the Dodge dealership sold on the Ram. Drove the Ford and started seeing many differences similar to my old Mountaineer that the Ram (Chrysler) does not have. The 150 seems to be sleeker with better visibility. Cab on Ram seemed big and somewhat chunkier. I drive a Semi so big is not an issue but I don't have to park it in the 'Mall of America' ramp on weekend shopping trips. Just felt better in the 150. Getting approx. 18 mpg combined after 3000 miles.

Best Trade off ever, aside from the MPG
By Bennett Vaughn on 08/31/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 35k miles, the air compressor went out on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 and the monthly visits to the dealership for check engine light, I knew it was time to get the truck Ive always wanted. I have wanted a truck for years but I always get talked out of it, perhaps because I'm a girl. Although I have only had this truck for a month, I love it. She is such a beast. Mine came with the tow and chrome package in cherry red. I expect to have this car beyond 35k miles, hopefully at least 200,000. It is a bit jerky when shifting gears and slow to accelerate. The biggest problem is the MPG, at 14.4 50/50 city/highway not even close to EPA 21 MPG. My monthly fuel bill will surpass my car note.

Ford First Time Buyer
By Carlos on 08/31/10 03:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had me eyes set on a Tundra, until saw and drove this vehicle, for the price you get more with the Ford. I have never owned a Ford. I have no regrets in buying, this looks and feels really good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$130 per month*