Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
Best Trade off ever, aside from the MPG
By Bennett Vaughn

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 35k miles, the air compressor went out on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 and the monthly visits to the dealership for check engine light, I knew it was time to get the truck Ive always wanted. I have wanted a truck for years but I always get talked out of it, perhaps because I'm a girl. Although I have only had this truck for a month, I love it. She is such a beast. Mine came with the tow and chrome package in cherry red. I expect to have this car beyond 35k miles, hopefully at least 200,000. It is a bit jerky when shifting gears and slow to accelerate. The biggest problem is the MPG, at 14.4 50/50 city/highway not even close to EPA 21 MPG. My monthly fuel bill will surpass my car note.

Favorite Features

MSRP 39+K, got it for 31K,Super crew cab, the grill, the tailgate panel, Sync, running boards, ( I'm only 5'6"), capless fuel tank, flexfuel option, deep bed, seating for 6, 10 cup holders, flat floor, 4x4 option available but from what I heard won't need it until at least a foot of snow.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG, I only get 14.4 mpg with city/highway driving, lighted vanity mirrors, trailer break hookup standard on XLT models, all season floor mats (especially for Iowa winters), 1 touch up and down windows, grip bar for driver side (haven't figured a way to get in truck yet w/o steering wheel.

Vibrates and is on 2nd tranny
By clarence

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was stuck between ford and dodge. I didn't want to spend much, being i use my trucks on my farm. Poynter ford gave me a cheaper price on the f150 then the ram so i took the ford. I now wish i drove off in the ram because this truck is nothing but trouble. I am going to buy a ram in the next two months.

Favorite Features

seats are nice thats pretty much it.

Suggested Improvements

improved tranny and fix the vibrations really a low quality truck . my 98 ram 2500 w/283,000 miles is more dependable.

Problems with less than 6000 miles
By Richard

2010 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this truck the first 4000 miles. Now i'm starting to have problems. Electrical part had to be replaced which controls trac control. Now the truck has miss in engine when first starting been to shop 3 times no one seems to know what problem is going back for 4th time. They say maybe fuel injector. I'm a ford man since 96 but maybe not for long if they don't get fixed!

Favorite Features

Ride is great gas mileage around 20 which is great. Drives like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs some wheel whale covers. Needs cup holders in fold down console.

Working truck
By Blue collar guy

2010 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I seem to be one of the few that buys a truck to use as a truck. I am more interested in the motor, frame, tranny, rearend than if it has heated seats or I can plug my IPOD in or heated seats.I haul with this truck an drive it into fields. down graval roads an in the snow. The truck does very well doing all these things. An I feel its the best bang for the money. The frame is very stiff no flex an the truck likes to work. If you are looking for a truck that you are going to use as a truck this truck will serve you well. I am getting around 18mpg an that ok with me it's a truck not a little car. I have 3.73 rear gears in this truck for towing an hauling.

Favorite Features

towing package an the locking diff rear end. An the tranny temp gauge.An all the other gauges oil psi temp tack.

Suggested Improvements

A handle on the driverside window post An a real ashtray.

Issues with my F150
By doll3

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Brought the F150 Sept 2010 brand new and have 45,000 miles and brought the extended warranty thank goodness. Had radio issues and now doesn't work, three times it won't shift in that won't go past 35 miles. Have to stop turn off the truck and restart it to get it to work. Bucks at times. Dealership won't even look at it says can't do anything until the problem exist. Call Ford office and have a claim so next time it happens. Should have to go this far to get it fix and then only if the extended warranty covers it say's the dealer. Ford says a know issues dealer denies that statement. Won't buy another Ford again.

Favorite Features

room in side the cab, beauty, good mileage for a truck good especially on the interstate.

Suggested Improvements

If Ford company knows that there are known issues with shift (they say this is computer issues) and radio's they should fix it.