Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Outstanding truck after 16250 miles (26000 KM's)
By eubor

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this truck new in mid-Aug 2010 for around $35K, for our general contracting business. Having high expectations after reading all the reviews on this truck, and in our opinion, the only truck that successfully integrated reliability (one of the top requirements) functionality, comfort, fuel efficiency (relative to the size of engine in this case the 292HP, 3V 4.6 V8) and value for the money. GM trucks are good trucks no doubt, but they just can't compare to the F-150 in terms of refinement and overall long-term durability. After 7.5 months of ownership and hardwork this truck has proven to be extremely reliable, refined (very quite and smooth) and is helping our company make $.

Favorite Features

Refined drive; its smooth, quite and well insulated from the outside world. It is a very well-rounded truck; meaning you can put it work all day, and then use it as a family vehicle when needed to do errands if required (plus top-safety scores). It has good gas mileage for a V8, the 4.6 is truly a proven engine in every aspect except I would say in HP (but no worries its plenty fast for a truck). And its VERY RELIABLE, not one issue after almost 8 months of hard use.

Suggested Improvements

Add a drivers-side grab handle and again continual improvement in fuel efficiency is always good. And I hear of fuel-gauge issues when you park on slopes/grades, that definitely needs to be corrected (I have yet to experience this). Other than this, its an outstanding truck.

8,000 Miles Update
By rpinks_99

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Beware if you park this truck on a sloped driveway. Or a side street for that matter if you're in the mountains. The location of the fuel sensor in the tank is a huge issue to me. This has happened since purchase, and local dealer refuses to address it other than "park it in the street". At just above the half-way mark on the fuel gauge, parking it nose down on a slight incline causes the gauge to read "E" and "0 Miles To Empty" the next startup. Gauge may creep up 1/4 tank or so, but not to the original level; that's after 25 miles or so. This is hugely inconvenient if my wife takes the truck and is unaware of how much fuel is in the tank. For $35,000 +, this seems ridiculous.

1 year update
By screwboy

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's been almost a year. Clocked 33K and here's where I stand so far. I have the ticking engine thing. Doesn't' seem to affect anything but I don't like it. The 6 speed has the 'hunting' problem I think everyone else has. It's only bad in town. Mine feels like it drops into gear when I leave stop sign/light. I had the flash done at service but it still bumps. The seat back thing has gone away. Obviously, I got used to it. Still liked my Safari seats better. I rode in a friend's 2010 Ram and it rides smoother, even with the 20s. I still like the F150 interior better and my mpg are far better than his. If you can deal with the little defects, F150 is still top competitior

Favorite Features

Look of the truck. Interior (especially now that I'm used to the seats). CrewCab room and storage. Ride and 'work ethic'

Suggested Improvements

Fix the tranny and the ticking engine. Maybe more bolstering for the seats? Put door stop points on the hinges. When you open the door you'd better be holding on to it or it's hitting the car/wall/whatever you're next to.

Throw away the Bow tie
By butch0630

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this dark blue beauty at the end of the year and got a super buy. Rock solid performance and comfort features galore. I pull a trailer and truck has hard time adjusting to steep downhill grades at low speed. Engine want to rev real load and first time is scary. Went to dealer and they told me this was normal. Biggest suggestion is you spend as much time selecting a dealer as yo do the vehicle. I drove 3 hours and bought a vehicle from a ealer who did not offer best price but there service and the way they treated me was well worth the cost. Had proplem with a flat tire and local dealer did not want to honor the nitrogen warantee. My dealer took care of it over the phone.

Favorite Features

Love the ride and the looks I get going down the road.

Suggested Improvements

a bit more beef in power would make this vehicle untouchable

Tapping engine sound in truck cab.
By scottnflorida

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck in May 2010. about 5 months later, I start hearing a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. I figure, no problem. Probably just need to adjust a lifter. I take it into the local Ford dealer and they tell me that Ford has a service bulletin on it. Ford is aware of the noise tapping problem and has determined that this is normal and won't harm the engine or it's components. If I heard that tapping when I first looked at the truck, I never would have bought it. After calling Ford, the company refuses to repair or fix the tapping noise. I hope I'm able to sell this truck now and convince a buyer that tapping from the engine compartment is "Normal" for Ford trucks.

Favorite Features

I wouldn't recommend Ford trucks and won't buy another one.

Suggested Improvements

Repair tapping sounds coming from the engine compartment.