2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Surprised by Ford
By bevila on 07/27/10 10:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

While I have been wanting a full size pickup for a while, it was on a whim that I drove the F-150 and I am glad I did. I was thinking about Toyota or Honda and after driving the Ford, there was no other choice. While this is a full size vehicle, I feel very comfortable driving it around the Northern Virginia area. It drives very well, the ride absorbs bumps in the rode, and the view over all the other cars is great. I am glad the Ford commercials sucked me in and convinced me to give Ford a try.

A Toyota Tacoma Convert - No Question!
By rpinks on 07/20/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Okay, folks - 15 months ago, I wrote a great review about my 09 Tacoma Double Cab. I'm now "retracting" it. I should have gone with my first instinct and purchased the F-150. Night and Day. The F-150s seats are 100% more comfortable and the ride quality is that of a car. I issued a "9" on fuel mileage, as I don't have the numbers yet, but hey-this is a truck after all. And I'm of the belief if you don't stomp on the accelerator, you'll be fine! Have the XLT chrome pkg, driver's pkg, towing and SYNC which I'll never again do without. Also got the tailgate step; great for my 5'9" stature, and my grandkids to pile in. Ford should pay me for this; but I'm happy to help y'all decide

Another Great Truck
By DeJer on 07/02/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 4 Explorer's and a couple F-150's and this is the best yet. Great leg room, great styling. I got the 3 valve 4.6L and it pulls my 32' Travel Trailer (7700 lbs) no problem. Gas mileage has been averaging 19.4 with my first 10k miles. I agree with others: bed liner should be standard and a driver grab handle would be nice. Overall I would not change much. Not impressed with Southwest Ford in Weatherford,Tx., go somewhere else. I got the XLT, should have looked at Lariat, but overall a great truck with good looks and excellent mileage for a pick up. You can't go wrong.

Love This FX4!
By BR549 on 05/10/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Only have about 250 miles on this so far, but love it. I got this to replace my 2005 Taco. The interior layout is almost exactly like my old truck, but with more horsepower, more room, more bells/whistles and more creature comforts. I want to get the engine broken in before I report any actual mileage.

Excellent Truck
By David on 05/09/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded my 2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner for this truck. Hard to believe for about the same money Ford delivers so much more and the gas mileage is about the same. Driving it home from the dealer I was getting 24 miles to the gallon in highway driving at 55mph. Around town I am getting around 16. The Tacoma got 17 in town and about 20 on the highway so I am very happy. It is extremely comfortable and with the Red Candy Tint Metallic color, it looks great too.

4.6 with 6 speed for best mileage
By prius_driver on 03/28/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought this truck to replace my 1998 F250, this one is a big step up with a smooth ride and much better gas mileage. Rated 14/20 city/hwy, but the fine print shows drivers will get 17 to 24 on the highway. Took a 100 mile round trip on Thursday and got 23.0 mpg in mostly highway driving. Pretty good for a truck, and much better than my 1998 F250 that had the 4 spd auto. with 5.4 liter engine, that one got about 17 mpg on the highway for me.

Ford Got It Right
By Kansas City Ford on 03/12/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove the big three trucks (Ford, Chevy, Dodge). They all have good trucks but Ford has the best over all package. Bang for the buck, Ford won my money hands down. The ride is smooth for a truck and it's extremely quiet. I brought the XLT 4X4 with 5K worth of options cheaper than stripped down models (in the same trim level) of the rivals. I live on a gravel road 1/2 from the main road. I feared, every time it snowed, that I would not get to work ( not anymore). With 3.55 limited slip and 4X4 I cut through snow like it's butter (even 4 ft drifts). The traction control is worth the cost of the truck alone, it greatly reduces the need for 4X4 for the average user. Job well done Ford!

Quiet, Quiet, Quiet!!
By USMC Colonel on 02/01/10 12:10 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded up from an 05 FX4 over the weekend. Not sure if I would like the Lariat interior as well as the FX4 but I do. It is a gentleman's truck. I hate road noise and this thing is without a doubt the quietest vehicle I have ever owned. Six speed transmission worked seemlessly on a 300 mile road trip which included the Cajon Pass. Also love the 6 way power leather seats. If you have trouble getting comfortable in a truck, this rig is for you. The seats are infinitely adjustable. Like the Sync and satellite radio but find the controls to be not very intuitive and complex. Same with the dual zone climate controls. May just take some getting used to. Thanks Henry Ford!

2010 compared to 2007
By Kamloops on 01/18/10 02:41 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Lease period over on my 2007, purchased a 2010, exact same model. The 07 was 100% reliable, zero problems in 60,000 miles, was very happy with it. The 10 interior looks better than the already good looking (for a truck) interior of the 07. Best looking interior of all the half-tons in the truck market. However, the 07's controls and gauges were better ergonomically. The 10 has a more solid and quieter ride especially over dirt roads and off-road. The 6 speed is flawless. Very smooth and quiet shifting. I hope the expected mpg improvement is there too. Over my same regular commute route, the engine in the 10 seems to be running at less average rpm than the 07 so the mpg s/d be better.

My New Ford F150 Rocks
By MyklShane on 12/22/09 14:56 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I couldn't be much happier with my new truck. Has more power than my last truck sounds better and rides better too. The cab is spacious and comfortable and even the back seats are comfortable. I love my new truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab in VA is:

$119 per month*