2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
8,000 Miles Update
By rpinks_99 on 04/27/11 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Beware if you park this truck on a sloped driveway. Or a side street for that matter if you're in the mountains. The location of the fuel sensor in the tank is a huge issue to me. This has happened since purchase, and local dealer refuses to address it other than "park it in the street". At just above the half-way mark on the fuel gauge, parking it nose down on a slight incline causes the gauge to read "E" and "0 Miles To Empty" the next startup. Gauge may creep up 1/4 tank or so, but not to the original level; that's after 25 miles or so. This is hugely inconvenient if my wife takes the truck and is unaware of how much fuel is in the tank. For $35,000 +, this seems ridiculous.

1 year update
By screwboy on 03/27/11 17:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's been almost a year. Clocked 33K and here's where I stand so far. I have the ticking engine thing. Doesn't' seem to affect anything but I don't like it. The 6 speed has the 'hunting' problem I think everyone else has. It's only bad in town. Mine feels like it drops into gear when I leave stop sign/light. I had the flash done at service but it still bumps. The seat back thing has gone away. Obviously, I got used to it. Still liked my Safari seats better. I rode in a friend's 2010 Ram and it rides smoother, even with the 20s. I still like the F150 interior better and my mpg are far better than his. If you can deal with the little defects, F150 is still top competitior

Throw away the Bow tie
By butch0630 on 02/25/11 13:25 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this dark blue beauty at the end of the year and got a super buy. Rock solid performance and comfort features galore. I pull a trailer and truck has hard time adjusting to steep downhill grades at low speed. Engine want to rev real load and first time is scary. Went to dealer and they told me this was normal. Biggest suggestion is you spend as much time selecting a dealer as yo do the vehicle. I drove 3 hours and bought a vehicle from a ealer who did not offer best price but there service and the way they treated me was well worth the cost. Had proplem with a flat tire and local dealer did not want to honor the nitrogen warantee. My dealer took care of it over the phone.

Tapping engine sound in truck cab.
By scottnflorida on 01/24/11 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck in May 2010. about 5 months later, I start hearing a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. I figure, no problem. Probably just need to adjust a lifter. I take it into the local Ford dealer and they tell me that Ford has a service bulletin on it. Ford is aware of the noise tapping problem and has determined that this is normal and won't harm the engine or it's components. If I heard that tapping when I first looked at the truck, I never would have bought it. After calling Ford, the company refuses to repair or fix the tapping noise. I hope I'm able to sell this truck now and convince a buyer that tapping from the engine compartment is "Normal" for Ford trucks.

1st Ford Ever and Love it
By rdd007 on 01/16/11 17:12 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I thought my dad might have a stroke when I bought this F150......I've had many GM trucks and all had good luck, but decided to change. I really love this truck....got all the options moonroof, nav, rear camera, etc. I decided to get the max trailering packae w/ 3.73 gear and haven't noticed any difference in mileage from several friend's 3.55 gears. Seems to hold gears a little better. The 5.4 has plenty of power, but could use more (will be doing a programmer soon); just doesn't have the pep that my Chevy 6.2 has. It rides great and has tons of room and it's perfect for me with family and a job that keeps me on the road. Will give the ecoboost a try when it's been proven.

Absolutely Beautiful (Red Candy)!
By Adam on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I tow a 25 ft Gulf Stream Rv and the little 4.6L 3V has no problem pulling it as fast as you could ever want to go up any pass we've thrown at it in the Northwest. Even fast around corners in the mountains with an equalizer hitch and the trailer brake controller. The temps engine/trans never change once the vehicle is at operating temp no matter how hard you run it! (seriously) Oh and if you think you need a 5.4 to tow think again. Mine has the 9400 lbs. tow package. It takes off from the lights with serious thrust trailer or not you will be shocked. Imagine taking off in low range4. It is just like that every time. I have the 3:55 traction lock out back. The Red Candy paint is gorgeous!

Ford "great value" and better than GMC
By Bilbur on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Turned in a 2007 GMC Sierra and bought this 2010 Ford Lariat in Sept. This is a great truck and real value over the 2010 GMC. Made one long trip so far and averaged 21.7 mpg @ 70 mph. Have been averaging 17.5 mpg locally through first 1600 miles. Truck is comfortable and quiet and my friends are amazed at its interior roominess. Leather seats are plush and options such as temp controls, back up camera and warning system, memory seats, and automatic dimming mirrors are great. 5.4 V-8 provides sufficient power and torque. 6 spd tranny is good but sometimes searches between 5th and 6th gears at 70-72 mph depending on terrain.

King ranch
By king ranch on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck. I traded in an escalade esv on the king ranch and love it

Nice truck but
By rabbit on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Strengths of the 2010 Ford F150 CrewCab are the exceptionally large and comfortable back seat, the keypad door lock, and the smooth and comfortable ride. Controls are confusing, but you learn. At 5500 miles the newly design sealed transmission starting leaking transmission fluid. It is a good truck if you are close to a dealer who can keep it running.

33rd Ford - funny trans shifting
By Brandon Mortenson on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck. This is my 6th f150. Had 4 expeditions, 3 broncos. Love the 6 speed, but it shifts floaty in the city. I put in a superchip cortex and that helped power but not the shifting. Like the fit and finish of the interior. As well as the black leather.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$130 per month*