Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2010 F150 super crew platinum
By KF

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Original tires wore out at 33k miles , headliner saged after 41k miles (Ford now uses Velcro to attach headliner to roof...REALLY?) after 2 trips to Ford they finally sent it to upholstery shop to glue headliner. Now at 46k miles passenger heater and defrost are out! this is my 5th F150 (all bought new) since 1998 and is my LAST...Ford , I've had it...next truck/suv won't be a Ford. Oh and the 2005 F150 i had the transmission went out at 20k miles and even though it was under warranty it was a NIGHTMARE getting Ford to replace it...after 8-9 trips to try and fix it they FINALLY replaced it...think long and hard before you buy an F150

6 years and still like new
By David Little

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my F-150 supercrew since January 2010. One issue-at 30,000 miles the torque converter would leak fluid once every 3 days (weird). Ford fixed it under warranty. Otherwise, absolutely perfect in all areas. This truck saved me from an Alabama snowageddon last year. It tool 10 hours to go 20 miles but the 2 of us made it. 75000 miles and the brakes are still 80% pads. The truck is so quiet on the road. Yesterday I got 22 miles per gallon going 65 mph on the interstate. If you have kids the back seat area is like a large sitting room. If you can find a 2010 with good mileage buy it. I am 65 years old and have had lots and lots and lots of vehicles. Best of the bunch! Just keep it serviced and clean and you will have a winner. It is a truck but Ford F-150s are the best selling truck for a reason!

Great truck that should have come with boat oars..
By rabrothers

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new on May 31, 2010. It now has 31600 miles. I have not had any issues with it in terms of mechanical or electrical. I love how the truck feels when I drive it, it is very comfortable, and roomy. The mileage sucks, but if I was concerned about mileage I would not have bought it. In Mar 2015, I noticed moisture on the inside of the windshield, and since my windshield had been replaced I thought the new one had a leak... so had the windshield replaced again.. but again months later I had moisture on the inside of the windshield. I finally started doing some research online and found out that Ford has known for years that the sat antenna, and third brake lights leak into the cab. According to TSB 10-4-7 Ford F150's made before Jan 18, 2010, have the antenna problem. The technical bulletin calls for a bead of silicone around the gasket of the sat antenna. Once the brake light leaks, the only fix is a bead of silicone or replacement since Ford decided not to make a separate gasket for the lens. The cost of fixing both problems is $740.00 if you take it to a Ford dealer. My dealer refused to follow the guidelines of the TSB for the antenna since when they removed the old one, it had a bead of silicone around the gasket direct from the factory ( my vehicle was made in Mar 2010) so it appears that once Ford discovered the problems and published the TB, they decided to use the same antennas on all the vehicles that came out after the publication of the TB, and following the TB, just placed silicone on the gaskets as the trucks were being built. This fix does not work, as I can attest by my repair bill of $440.00 just for replacement of the antenna. I replaced the third brake light for $100. but an after marked brake light can be purchased for $35.00. I don't mind spending money on my truck due to fail wear and tear or normal maintenance, but I am really pissed about the cost of these repairs. If these problems showed up prior to the basic 3 year, 36000 mile warranty, Ford would be required to fix them under the basic warranty, even if you purchased the Extended warranty you are not covered for these problems. Ford used faulty parts on this truck and many others, they should have issued a recall and paid to fix all the problems. This is as much a health and safety hazard as it is an inconvenience. When water enters the truck over time mold and mildew will grow. The water also gets into the channels and door thresholds were the wiring is run for lights, windows etc., causing a safety and fire hazard. And the leaks are going to stain your rear seats, and headlined , and destroy your carpet. Ford has known of these problems back to 1998, based on the information I have found on the internet. I contacted Ford about this problem and they did listen and give me a case number, telling me they would contact my dealer and see if there was a program to help pay for cost of the repairs.. I don't expect Ford to do anything. I would not recommend any one buy a Ford F150 new or used until Ford can prove the problems are solved.

230K - Best truck
By Gs1150adv

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Transmission starting to slip. Truck dealer maintained. Overall, 5 stars. Still looks great, and no breakdowns. Getting Co. F-150 in near future...will miss all the extras of Platinum model. [contact info removed]

Look out after purchase.
By Brad

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Watch out for the seat heaters! They go out after a few years. Don't put a sticker inside on the rear window. It takes off the rear window defrost and won't work again. Don't get the dual zone climate control. If the drivers side quits, you have to take out the entire dash to fix the blend air valve! Watch this truck for leaks! Loves to leak around the sunroof and upper rear brake light above the rear window.
Speaking of sunroof, you had better us it about once per week, or NOT AT ALL. The track dries out, and if you try to open it you will break the track! Which the parts aren't expensive, it's all the labor!
They Goodyear tires that came on my FX4 were terrible! I think I got 32,000 miles out of the set. Not what I was expecting.