1st Ford Ever and Love it
By rdd007 on
2010 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I thought my dad might have a stroke when I bought this F150......I've had many GM trucks and all had good luck, but decided to change. I really love this truck....got all the options moonroof, nav, rear camera, etc. I decided to get the max trailering packae w/ 3.73 gear and haven't noticed any difference in mileage from several friend's 3.55 gears. Seems to hold gears a little better. The 5.4 has plenty of power, but could use more (will be doing a programmer soon); just doesn't have the pep that my Chevy 6.2 has. It rides great and has tons of room and it's perfect for me with family and a job that keeps me on the road. Will give the ecoboost a try when it's been proven.
Favorite Features
Navigation is pretty accurate!!, Sync, bluetooth, & Sony Stereo are awesome. Excellent amount of storage room in the back seat. Love Heated and Cooled seats. Rides just as good or better than the Chevy even with the 20" wheels. Love the solid White platinum paint without the lower two tone.
Suggested Improvements
More power (looks like 2011 models have that solved). May try an Ecoboost after a full model year. Maybe a little more transmission calibration. Remote start?? Use 60 series tires instead of 55 for the 20's.