Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Problems with less than 6000 miles
By Richard

2010 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this truck the first 4000 miles. Now i'm starting to have problems. Electrical part had to be replaced which controls trac control. Now the truck has miss in engine when first starting been to shop 3 times no one seems to know what problem is going back for 4th time. They say maybe fuel injector. I'm a ford man since 96 but maybe not for long if they don't get fixed!

Ride is great gas mileage around 20 which is great. Drives like a car.

Needs some wheel whale covers. Needs cup holders in fold down console.

Vibrates and is on 2nd tranny
By clarence

2010 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was stuck between ford and dodge. I didn't want to spend much, being i use my trucks on my farm. Poynter ford gave me a cheaper price on the f150 then the ram so i took the ford. I now wish i drove off in the ram because this truck is nothing but trouble. I am going to buy a ram in the next two months.

seats are nice thats pretty much it.

improved tranny and fix the vibrations really a low quality truck . my 98 ram 2500 w/283,000 miles is more dependable.

Great truck
By DavidL

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2009 Toyota Tacoma supercrew due to transmission slipping in low gear and difficulty towing a 28 ft trailer. The Ford F-150 was my first choice but the Cash for Clunkers program removed most F-150s from lots when I was needing a truck, so I settled for the Tacoma but was never happy. The F-150 pulls the trailer with ease, has a built-in brake controller and a heavy-duty tow package. The amount of rear seat room for my kids is gigantic compared to the Tacoma. The truck is so quiet it is unreal! I average 20 mpg and usually maintain highway speeds of 65 mph. I installed Weather-Tech floor liners and a bed-liner. The SYNC system is a wonderful feature.

Rear seat room,SYNC system, Sirius radio, towing package. The silver metallic is beautiful and does not show dirt/grime!

Make the front seats a bit more comfortable.

A Toyota Tacoma Convert - No Question!
By rpinks

2010 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Okay, folks - 15 months ago, I wrote a great review about my 09 Tacoma Double Cab. I'm now "retracting" it. I should have gone with my first instinct and purchased the F-150. Night and Day. The F-150s seats are 100% more comfortable and the ride quality is that of a car. I issued a "9" on fuel mileage, as I don't have the numbers yet, but hey-this is a truck after all. And I'm of the belief if you don't stomp on the accelerator, you'll be fine! Have the XLT chrome pkg, driver's pkg, towing and SYNC which I'll never again do without. Also got the tailgate step; great for my 5'9" stature, and my grandkids to pile in. Ford should pay me for this; but I'm happy to help y'all decide

comfy seats; console has lots of storage (even a cup holder/storage tray that slide in and out of the middle seat); the room in the Supercab is nearly that of my Tacoma's Double Cab. I don't regret for a second not getting the Crew Cab.

I do miss the backup camera I had on the Tacoma. I would have wanted this standard on all XLTs. And, as the cab is fairly high, a driver's assist handle is recommended (passenger's side does have one). Oh - and my wife to wash it for the first year. Doubt that will happen, though.

3rd Ford Truck
By Paydirt

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Ford F150, and it's the best. I love the QUIET ride, its superb reliability, & its solid stance. In all three trucks, I never had a rattle or a squeak, nor a misfire in the engine. What's the big deal about the power? It has 320 hp, and it will damned well get up & go - faster than the other two I owned. I had owned 2 Z28 Camaros in the 90's, and I'm used to power. In 6 mos. I've never floored the accelerator; however, I did push it half-way down to pass a couple of cars on a long, steep hill. It roared & "slung" me up and around those cars without a sweat. I also love the "throaty" exhaust tone the engineers have given it. This truck is quality & class, through & through.

Too many to just settle on one; however, my favorite is the QUIET, CIVILIZED RIDE. Next, would be...it's just a good looking truck. It looks tough, but refined.

This is my ONLY complaint: Do something with the door arm rest. It doesn't come up to meet with elbow. My favorite driving position is with left arm on rest with left hand on wheel.