Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Good truck
By Rodneyp

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 08 Dodge 1500 quad cab for the super crew 5.4 my Dodge had the Hemi but was 4x2 and I wanted a 4x4 and more space in the back for a new baby on the way. I really like the f150 and it the more I drive the more I like it. I looked at the 2010 Dodge crew cab and both were nice. The Dodge had more push you back in the seat power but overall the Ford was better when it came to road noise, seat comfort, rear cab space, and driving comfort. I also am concerned about Dodge's long term stability as a company. I am not a Ford fan boy this is the first Ford I have had in 14 years. I have owned more Chevys, but refuse to buy a Chevy now that it is government motors

Favorite Features

The quietness of the cabin The sync option Gas mileage I a getting 17 mpg avg No hump in the back and space back there

Suggested Improvements

The drink holders do not stop 20 oz bottles from falling over

The Beauty of it
By Big Stx

2010 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The one thing i know from a 96 to a 04 to a 2010 f150 is that for knows how to make a truck to withstand all the elements and still have a beautiful look about it. Yes you can have style and durability all in one. The f150 is to me the very best truck on the market, may not be the fastest or the sportiest but incorporates enough of all to well round the truck. You cab add so many aftermarket parts and accessories to just out right make this truck a masterpiece. Its just the beauty of the design. I'm in love for life baby. Thank you Ford, oh and by the way " didn't need no bail out money"

Favorite Features

The sync and the beauty of the truck..

Suggested Improvements

the TPMS. Also the door chimes, If your in a manly truck you don't need a girly chime when you start or open a door. Built Ford Tough not Built for you lady

So far, so good
By Danny

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2006 GMC Canyon that didn't survive being the meat in an Explorer/Dump Truck sandwich. So, went looking for a new truck, decided (thanks to the no-bailout policy) to go Ford. After looking around, determined the FX4 was the truck for me. I've had it Since late May, and made one 2500 miles trip with my family of 5 to 5 states. Everyone had room, plug ice chest and books/DVDs/pillows. All 3 car seats fit in back, with (minimal) seat room to spare. It's got a 700 watt sub, which sounds great. Moon roof extra, but kinda cool. Love the space, and I'm getting about the same mileage on the 2010 FX4 as I did on the 2006 Canyon, only with lots more weight/truck/engine (V8 vs I5, both 4WD).

Favorite Features

We really like the spacious cab, MS Sync (wish text messages option worked on more phones - WinMo 6.5, and it doesn't work?), power, decent gas mileage. Great safety ratings, too!

Suggested Improvements

Get MS Sync to work with MS Mobile phones fully. Get headrests that 'lean' forward/back like in other vehicles - not locked into the 'full forward' spot. The transmission shifts funky in city driving (75 mile round trip with traffic commute daily).

Great Truck
By Daniel

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has a lot of power of course coming from a 07 150 with the 4.2 v6 anything would have a lot of power. Think this truck is complete fit and finish. I'm very happy that I bought this truck for me and my family to travel with. Ford has done a great job with this truck.

Favorite Features

The Towing package, Bluetooth, rubber floor boards. Smooth driving and very quite ride.

Suggested Improvements

Driver side grab handle, power locks and windows standard on all STX and above trucks. Why have bluetooth on a truck and not power locks and windows?

Surprised by Ford
By bevila

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

While I have been wanting a full size pickup for a while, it was on a whim that I drove the F-150 and I am glad I did. I was thinking about Toyota or Honda and after driving the Ford, there was no other choice. While this is a full size vehicle, I feel very comfortable driving it around the Northern Virginia area. It drives very well, the ride absorbs bumps in the rode, and the view over all the other cars is great. I am glad the Ford commercials sucked me in and convinced me to give Ford a try.

Favorite Features

The huge cab. 6 footers fit in the back seat with plenty of room to spare. I really like the quality of the interior materials, and the ride is great for such a big vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to see better MPG, but you don't own a vehicle like this for the MPG.