1 year update
By screwboy on
2010 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
It's been almost a year. Clocked 33K and here's where I stand so far. I have the ticking engine thing. Doesn't' seem to affect anything but I don't like it. The 6 speed has the 'hunting' problem I think everyone else has. It's only bad in town. Mine feels like it drops into gear when I leave stop sign/light. I had the flash done at service but it still bumps. The seat back thing has gone away. Obviously, I got used to it. Still liked my Safari seats better. I rode in a friend's 2010 Ram and it rides smoother, even with the 20s. I still like the F150 interior better and my mpg are far better than his. If you can deal with the little defects, F150 is still top competitior
Favorite Features
Look of the truck. Interior (especially now that I'm used to the seats). CrewCab room and storage. Ride and 'work ethic'
Suggested Improvements
Fix the tranny and the ticking engine. Maybe more bolstering for the seats? Put door stop points on the hinges. When you open the door you'd better be holding on to it or it's hitting the car/wall/whatever you're next to.
By sikuenzi
on 08/31/12 11:38 AM (PDT)

I have the same truck XLT SuperCrew 4.6L only the 6.5ft bed. This could be my own review word for word only I have less miles on it. Same hunting and drop into gear issue...they say it's normal even after flash update. Also engine ticks lightly....door flies open and hits what ever is there. Be careful we parking....other than that, Love the truck. I have the convenience package. Love the parking sensors, MS sync, blue tooth, and the tailgate step has been a huge help for us!