2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor - Consumer Reviews

SVT Raptor 5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed - (8 reviews )
Unstoppable Beast
By shaun5r on 11/20/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is wicked. Drives over everything with ease at all kinds of speeds. Medians, curbs, fallen trees, sand berms, The functionality is so impressive. It catches everyone's eye, and teenagers hang out their parents' minivan to take a picture of it on the highway! So far, max speed of 75mph off road in sand with full off-road, rear-locked, 4x4, and just simply [violative content deleted]. People have called it: wicked, awesome, menacing, mean, bad ass. Two drawbacks. Slow transmission shift. Very slow delay and it's very annoying to try and time acceleration around traffic. (passing) Also, one of the speakers is blown out after 4 months of owning it new. Covered by ford!

It jumps!
By scox84 on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2010 Mustang in June of 2009, a year later I was still hooked on the truck I saw in the parking lot then, so I traded in the mustang for a truck. Rarely has a mere mortal made a better decision. I have taken this truck up to 100mph off road in the desserts of New Mexico with the rear diff locked in 4x4. It loves it, still drives straight, and always ask for more. The ride is smooth even in really rough conditions relative to other trucks/SUVs. Biggest thing, long travel suspension on a truck meant to be jumped; as a responsible American I feel it's my duty to jump something once a week, and I do. Again, truck couldn't drive straighter, control arms are BEASTLY!

Yes, it will draw attention, big time
By corycat99 on 06/28/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

I purchased the svt raptor, black on black, 6.2 L engine and the 5 month wait was worth every second. There has is not been a day go by that someone hasn't stopped me to say nice truck. It is such a joy to drive this truck , comfort and performance are top shelf. The only thing that falls off the mark is the 700w sound system by Sony. The highs waver like underwater and the bass sounds as if it trapped in a plastic bucket. I have had it back to the dealer twice with them saying that is how it is. If Ford would have gone with Bose sound this truck would have been perfect.

It's a blast
By Henry Smith on 05/05/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

This is the best vehicle ever. I live in the pacific northwest and go off- roading a lot, and this truck unbeatable. Why don't they have a diesel option though? Crew Cab too!

Zoom zoom off road
By XTREME on 04/15/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

This is simply the best off roader ever. I got up to 50 in a foot and a half of deep march snow in BC. Crossing high paced streams and rivers are easy.

2010 Raptor
By jfkingd on 04/13/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

Outstanding ride for a truck with 35" tires - shock absorbers on this truck are amazing. Rides like a 1971 Coupe de Ville. A little wiggle from the big tires once in a while but I'm very impressed with the ride. Suspension is what this truck is all about - and this truck's suspension is the REAL DEAL. Have driven/owned all of the competition (including imports) and this truck is hands-down the most solidly built. Great brakes. Acceptable power. Acceptable gas mileage for a truck of this size & weight (got single digit mileage in my last GMC 4WD). Definitely the truck you would want to be in if you're unfortunate enough to be in a serious collision. Highly recommend this truck.

Truck of Trucks for the King of Kings
By RaptorKing12 on 04/08/10 07:17 AM (PDT)

I sell these bad boys at crown ford in Fayetteville North Carolina I've sold 6 so far including one to myself. These trucks are by far the most fun and good looking I have seen in a while every time I sell one I can't keep my eyes off them. As for off roading I have played with it a little bit some of my customers have actually sent me pictures of them lifting it 5 feet off the ground from driving a ramp...maybe I'll test that out one day. I love the truck and I'm proud to be a part of Ford for everything they have done.

I got one!
By Charles on 01/15/10 04:37 AM (PST)

Excited to have been able to get a deal on the RAPTOR after multiple tries at other dealers. Drove it home through a snow storm and trailered the car I was driving when I stopped in at the dealer. It handled the loaded trailer well; I was cautious not to run it hard or jerky over the hills and pass. It is a truck first and foremost. Plan to have it a long time...would suggest it to anyone over other available extra cab and some 4 door trucks. It is fun to drive, use and rely on.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 Svt-raptor in VA is:

$139 per month*