Used 2010 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love my new Ford!
By Larry

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove the Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra and Chevrolet Silverado before deciding on the Ford F-150 Supercrew FX2 Sport with the 5.4L V8. It's super comfortable and rides like a luxury car. In fact, I traded in my Infiniti M45 Sport for this truck! The sound system is great and includes bluetooth streaming audio and Sirius satellite radio. The Ford Sync system is totally awesome as well! I don't understand how the Edmunds.com editors can rate the Dodge and Toyota over the Ford when it's clear who makes the best truck, period! Long Live Ford!

The bluetooth streaming audio and I love the pull out step feature on the tail gate!

A grab handle on the driver's side would be nice.

Traded 08 for 10, impressed so far!
By BlackHillsf150

Traded in an 08 F150 XLT Supercrew with a 5.4, automatic thinking that all I was getting was an updated grill. Found out it's a completely different truck. Six speed is a plus, backseat leg room is impressive, more power than the 08, SYNC is nice and all my goodies swapped over (bed liner, cover, tool box). Miss my old back up camera.

6 speed, fuel mileage, SYNC. Flex option (lots of E-85 in SD).

Better looking XLT tire/rim package. Back up camera should be standard on a pickup. A handy way of wiring aftermarket options instead of splicing into whatever you can find.

So far, so good
By Danny

I had a 2006 GMC Canyon that didn't survive being the meat in an Explorer/Dump Truck sandwich. So, went looking for a new truck, decided (thanks to the no-bailout policy) to go Ford. After looking around, determined the FX4 was the truck for me. I've had it Since late May, and made one 2500 miles trip with my family of 5 to 5 states. Everyone had room, plug ice chest and books/DVDs/pillows. All 3 car seats fit in back, with (minimal) seat room to spare. It's got a 700 watt sub, which sounds great. Moon roof extra, but kinda cool. Love the space, and I'm getting about the same mileage on the 2010 FX4 as I did on the 2006 Canyon, only with lots more weight/truck/engine (V8 vs I5, both 4WD).

We really like the spacious cab, MS Sync (wish text messages option worked on more phones - WinMo 6.5, and it doesn't work?), power, decent gas mileage. Great safety ratings, too!

Get MS Sync to work with MS Mobile phones fully. Get headrests that 'lean' forward/back like in other vehicles - not locked into the 'full forward' spot. The transmission shifts funky in city driving (75 mile round trip with traffic commute daily).

2010 FX4 SuperCrew
By John F

I traded in my '08 Acura TL Type-S for this truck. I miss my TL I don't regret buying this truck. I just bought a house and trips to home depot in the acura wasn't cutting it. I use to own an '04 FX4 and this new one is a huge improvement. The rear cab is bigger then the last model, seats are more comfortable, side airbags...just a list of new features. Go to Fords website and watch the videos on "truth about trucks", you'll see why & they show build quality from Toyota, Dodge and Chevy. I like the fact Ford didn't take any bailout money. Even with the 6spd trans vs. the old 4spd I don't see a real improvement in gas mileage. I avg 12/13 mpg w/20" aftermarket tires & 2" level kit.

I love the navigation system, rear view camera/sensors--a must have with a large truck like this! Flex fuel and no need for a fuel cap. Heated seats-- wish it was cooled too. Power sliding rear window and power pedals, for my short wife. Lots of room inside and plenty of storage space, & auto lights.

Sony sound system is ok but not worth paying extra for it. I miss the audiophile system-bring back! Sony, when pushed sounds punchy and floaty when the bass hits hard. I plan on taking out the factory sub and put in aftermarket. Gas mileage improvement would be nice but its a big truck & I know it.

Siox speed tranny is useless
By brawler

This is my sixth F150 in addition I have owned two full size broncos. All had the 351 or 5.4 motor except one bronco had 1 400. I love fords, but this new one with a 6-speed transmission is aggravating. This thing shifts constantly in city driving. I wish i had my 2006 4-speed automatic in it.Driving up a slight hill in traffic the tranny seems like it slips, then it slams. It is far from smooth. You feel each and every shift no matter what speed. The interior is nice, this one has a floor shift, looks nice but you lose storage space...and you do not realize how much you used the floor in front of the console until its gone. I like it, I am praying for a service bulletin on the transmission.

Black carpet / interior is a nice change I have the basic sound system and its amazing. Blue dash lights are less obtrusive driving at night.

Transmission stinks. In sync system should be able to be turned off easily when you want to use the phone privately. Now you have to reach over to the dash and hit a series of buttons while on the phone and driving.