2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Issues with my F150
By doll3 on 04/27/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Brought the F150 Sept 2010 brand new and have 45,000 miles and brought the extended warranty thank goodness. Had radio issues and now doesn't work, three times it won't shift in that won't go past 35 miles. Have to stop turn off the truck and restart it to get it to work. Bucks at times. Dealership won't even look at it says can't do anything until the problem exist. Call Ford office and have a claim so next time it happens. Should have to go this far to get it fix and then only if the extended warranty covers it say's the dealer. Ford says a know issues dealer denies that statement. Won't buy another Ford again.

Why did I wait?
By susa4 on 07/17/13 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a review of my 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew bought new in March, 2010. I have 48,000 miles and zero defects or problems. The 4.6 24 v engine gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 68 mph using cruise control. This truck is so quite and rides so much better than our 2008 Ford Explorer. The interior room is abundant and the kids have plenty of room in the back seat. I have the original Michelin tires (but they should go after 5000 more miles). When I pull our 28 foot Greywolf travel trailer the mileage declines to 9-10 mph but I have no trouble towing and no problems with sway. The built-in trailer break is fantastic. Grab one ifyou are looking for a great used truck!

1 year update
By screwboy on 03/27/11 17:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's been almost a year. Clocked 33K and here's where I stand so far. I have the ticking engine thing. Doesn't' seem to affect anything but I don't like it. The 6 speed has the 'hunting' problem I think everyone else has. It's only bad in town. Mine feels like it drops into gear when I leave stop sign/light. I had the flash done at service but it still bumps. The seat back thing has gone away. Obviously, I got used to it. Still liked my Safari seats better. I rode in a friend's 2010 Ram and it rides smoother, even with the 20s. I still like the F150 interior better and my mpg are far better than his. If you can deal with the little defects, F150 is still top competitior

Tapping engine sound in truck cab.
By scottnflorida on 01/24/11 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck in May 2010. about 5 months later, I start hearing a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. I figure, no problem. Probably just need to adjust a lifter. I take it into the local Ford dealer and they tell me that Ford has a service bulletin on it. Ford is aware of the noise tapping problem and has determined that this is normal and won't harm the engine or it's components. If I heard that tapping when I first looked at the truck, I never would have bought it. After calling Ford, the company refuses to repair or fix the tapping noise. I hope I'm able to sell this truck now and convince a buyer that tapping from the engine compartment is "Normal" for Ford trucks.

Absolutely Beautiful (Red Candy)!
By Adam on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I tow a 25 ft Gulf Stream Rv and the little 4.6L 3V has no problem pulling it as fast as you could ever want to go up any pass we've thrown at it in the Northwest. Even fast around corners in the mountains with an equalizer hitch and the trailer brake controller. The temps engine/trans never change once the vehicle is at operating temp no matter how hard you run it! (seriously) Oh and if you think you need a 5.4 to tow think again. Mine has the 9400 lbs. tow package. It takes off from the lights with serious thrust trailer or not you will be shocked. Imagine taking off in low range4. It is just like that every time. I have the 3:55 traction lock out back. The Red Candy paint is gorgeous!

Can't believe the ride
By ThreeFound on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is quiet, smooth, good MPG, and very roomy. I can't believe it is a truck as it rides like a Cadillac and has more interior room than any car on the road. Love the redesign of the rear seats and I can hold 5 large adults very comfortably with tons of leg rooms. 21 mpg on highway...

Nice Ride @ 5200 miles
By Toy Truck 1 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Needed a truck as the SUV wasn't up to the task of safely towing our 3300 lb. Hi-Lo. Drove GMC/Chevy, Dodge and Ford. Things that stood out in the Ford were great build quality, ride and interior design. Very quiet at speed and great brakes. 6 speed auto and the small 4.6 3 valve V-8 are economical too. That excluded the Dodge as gas mileage suffers with a 5 speed. Resale with Dodge is also poor. Have had Dodges in the past and liked them, but they need to come up a bit to compete. The GM brands were noisier on the highway and interior materials/plastics were just not befitting a $37k vehicle. That left the Ford as the clear choice. I'm very happy with it.

Three weeks and having 2nd thoughts.
By Finler on 09/01/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Well first let me start by saying I really like the F150 XLT line. My XLT came with the 5.4 L V8 Flex Fuel Engine. Which was not a selectable option for this review. The quiet ride is great. Sync tech is really cool and a treat to use. I traded in a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 with approx 25,000 miles. At first I didn't realize that this newer model wasn't as capable. I was whisked away by the look, creature comforts and rhetoric of the salesman. Shame on me for not investigating further. My old truck would tow approx 9200+ lbs while this one will only tow approx 8100+ lbs. The problem isn't the engine, it's the axle ratio. Why did they marry a 5.4 v8 to a 3.31 axle? Reduced performance? NOT GOOD.

1st time Ford owner
By Screwboy on 05/05/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Only had truck for 2 weeks but already have 2,500 miles. I never liked Ford's interior until the 09 rebuild. Far better materials and look to the interior. Truck rides very well on the highway and in town. I'm surprised at how maneuverable the SuperCrew is in town. Hauls and tows with ease. I regularly haul 800-1,600 lbs and this truck makes it easy. The gas mileage has been impressive (to me) with 17 in town and 22 on the highway. I have a light foot but drive 70-75 mph on the highway. The bailout (or lack thereof) had a little weight on my decision but it wasn't the main factor. This is the first Ford product in my family and so far I'm impressed.

F150-XLT
By Mike T on 04/06/10 03:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive. Wish there were more standard features like music selector on steering wheel, driver grab handle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew in VA is:

$117 per month*