2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Initial Review
By meathead212121 on 02/22/14 14:11 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck about a week ago with just under 20k miles on it after trading in an 07' Mazda CX-9 with almost 69k on it. This is only an initial review and I will post a more longterm one after some time. The Build Quality of this truck is actually really good. All panels line up and even though there is slightly more hard plastic than I'd like on the interior it does give you the feel of luxury all around. There is LOADS of room in the back seat for lounging and the V-8 has plenty of power. I opted to not have the EcoBoost after hearing some issues it's currently having and I can't say I regret it. Truck purrs like a kitten and has an AMAZING ride

Why did I wait?
By susa4 on 07/17/13 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a review of my 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew bought new in March, 2010. I have 48,000 miles and zero defects or problems. The 4.6 24 v engine gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 68 mph using cruise control. This truck is so quite and rides so much better than our 2008 Ford Explorer. The interior room is abundant and the kids have plenty of room in the back seat. I have the original Michelin tires (but they should go after 5000 more miles). When I pull our 28 foot Greywolf travel trailer the mileage declines to 9-10 mph but I have no trouble towing and no problems with sway. The built-in trailer break is fantastic. Grab one ifyou are looking for a great used truck!

Expected more from a sport truck
By arbrn_hntr on 06/30/13 15:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For being a sporty full size truck, I expected more luxuries. My biggest peeve is the WEAK stereo system. I traded in my Explorer Sport Trac Adrenaline package. I gave up my sliding rear window, moon roof, adjustable pedals, bed storage compartments, and killer sound system. Ford did a very poor job with this stereo setup in this truck. NO BASS, cheap speakers.

There's a reason why these sell...
By student4life on 01/17/13 05:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Truck for work purposes, and it's performed very well for over two years now. It's comfortable, very roomy, looks great, and gets over 800km per tank of gas (120L tank option). I always admire the fit / finish of the interior and it looks great when cleaned up. I have nearly 60,000 kms on it now and it's only been in the dealership for minor issues, like the tailgate and drivers door not closing perfectly, turns out just realigning the pins fixed it. Nothing else has been an issue, just scheduled oil changes and maintenance as per ford. It's got the 6 1/2 foot box so it's 20 feet long overall, but never been an issue to park or drive in the city, great turning radius.

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 V8 5.4L
By horse4shoe on 09/15/12 03:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving my truck, its a fun to drive, nice smooth ride, not to bad on gas. I comes with great interior features, for example: a sport sonny sound system with a 700 watt amp in the rear and integrated sub.

2010 F150 XLT 5.4 4X4 Red
By rdevs on 01/12/12 19:47 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought the truck a few weeks ago with 16,000 miles on it. Was a rental and was a little nervous but paid trade value, warranty is still good for another 4 years, and not a dent on it or interior wear. Love the truck so far and have not a single problem with. Around town I get about 14.5 mpg and on the highway 16.5-17 mpg. More then enough power but down shifting can be very touchy and violent and up shifting is sometimes slow and not crisp but its not really a big deal. The interior is unreal with the amount of space. Seats are very comfortable and the sync system is great. I cant stop driving this thing and I cant wait to put some money in some performance mods to open her up.

Nice truck but.....
By gs1150adv on 06/27/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 7 month and 13k miles and so far the truck is like new. Fit and finish is well done, but for a premium truck the Ford engineers left out some basics.

1 year update
By screwboy on 03/27/11 17:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's been almost a year. Clocked 33K and here's where I stand so far. I have the ticking engine thing. Doesn't' seem to affect anything but I don't like it. The 6 speed has the 'hunting' problem I think everyone else has. It's only bad in town. Mine feels like it drops into gear when I leave stop sign/light. I had the flash done at service but it still bumps. The seat back thing has gone away. Obviously, I got used to it. Still liked my Safari seats better. I rode in a friend's 2010 Ram and it rides smoother, even with the 20s. I still like the F150 interior better and my mpg are far better than his. If you can deal with the little defects, F150 is still top competitior

Throw away the Bow tie
By butch0630 on 02/25/11 13:25 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this dark blue beauty at the end of the year and got a super buy. Rock solid performance and comfort features galore. I pull a trailer and truck has hard time adjusting to steep downhill grades at low speed. Engine want to rev real load and first time is scary. Went to dealer and they told me this was normal. Biggest suggestion is you spend as much time selecting a dealer as yo do the vehicle. I drove 3 hours and bought a vehicle from a ealer who did not offer best price but there service and the way they treated me was well worth the cost. Had proplem with a flat tire and local dealer did not want to honor the nitrogen warantee. My dealer took care of it over the phone.

Tapping engine sound in truck cab.
By scottnflorida on 01/24/11 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck in May 2010. about 5 months later, I start hearing a tapping sound coming from the engine compartment. I figure, no problem. Probably just need to adjust a lifter. I take it into the local Ford dealer and they tell me that Ford has a service bulletin on it. Ford is aware of the noise tapping problem and has determined that this is normal and won't harm the engine or it's components. If I heard that tapping when I first looked at the truck, I never would have bought it. After calling Ford, the company refuses to repair or fix the tapping noise. I hope I'm able to sell this truck now and convince a buyer that tapping from the engine compartment is "Normal" for Ford trucks.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew in WA is:

$144 per month*