Used 2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2010 F-150 King Ranch 4X4
By Al

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd King Ranch & 4th F-Series truck since 1997. They just keep getting better. Replaced my 2005 model with this 2010; wow, what a difference. Re-worked 5.4 liter engine barely labors to move this truck around. More fuel efficient, much, much roomier cab front & back, quiet as a Lexus, significantly better brakes. Love the styling inside & out. Opted for all the toys including 20" wheels, limited-slip 3.55 rear gear ratio, Navi with 700 watt Sony sound system (including subwoofer under the rear seat), sliding rear window, moonroof, and Platinum white tri- coat metallic paint. I find myself looking back for a second glance at the truck every time I drive it.

Favorite Features

Hard to pick out a single favorite since the whole package is better than the total sum of its parts, and much improved over the previous generation F-150. My kids love the heated rear seats, SYNC, and Sony Navi sound system.

Suggested Improvements

A slightly narrower "B" pillar and smaller headrests would eliminate the blind spot on the driver's side. Chrome exhaust tip should be standard on this trim. Lack of a driver's side grab handle seems an oversight by the engineers. Driver's power window should be 1 touch down AND up.

Issues with my F150
By doll3

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Brought the F150 Sept 2010 brand new and have 45,000 miles and brought the extended warranty thank goodness. Had radio issues and now doesn't work, three times it won't shift in that won't go past 35 miles. Have to stop turn off the truck and restart it to get it to work. Bucks at times. Dealership won't even look at it says can't do anything until the problem exist. Call Ford office and have a claim so next time it happens. Should have to go this far to get it fix and then only if the extended warranty covers it say's the dealer. Ford says a know issues dealer denies that statement. Won't buy another Ford again.

Favorite Features

room in side the cab, beauty, good mileage for a truck good especially on the interstate.

Suggested Improvements

If Ford company knows that there are known issues with shift (they say this is computer issues) and radio's they should fix it.

Initial Review
By meathead212121

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck about a week ago with just under 20k miles on it after trading in an 07' Mazda CX-9 with almost 69k on it. This is only an initial review and I will post a more longterm one after some time. The Build Quality of this truck is actually really good. All panels line up and even though there is slightly more hard plastic than I'd like on the interior it does give you the feel of luxury all around. There is LOADS of room in the back seat for lounging and the V-8 has plenty of power. I opted to not have the EcoBoost after hearing some issues it's currently having and I can't say I regret it. Truck purrs like a kitten and has an AMAZING ride

Favorite Features

I Like the MyKey and Sync systems in the truck... We intend to let our kids drive it in the future and these are features that will help us keep control over some aspects of driving. Some of the interface can be a little confusing but with practice its really not that bad. Gas mileage for a full sized truck is reasonable... It is no compact car by any means but anyone purchasing a truck should already know they'll be spending more in gas. Ride is extremely smooth and its actually one of the quietest vehicles I've ever driven. Steering is dead on the money for a truck and the 4x4 works very quickly and efficiently to help me get through the touch ND winters

Suggested Improvements

I've heard rumors about a clutch in the rear diff... I feel this was a poor design for a limited slip and if I start to have problems I'll be sure to include them later. Some of the interior pieces are very cheap feeling but from what I've seen of the new body style for 15' this is something that has been addressed very well. Some of the Mykey and Sync interfaces are very confusing to navigate (even without a nav system) but this wasn't a deal breaker for me. Being technologically inclined after a few run-thru's of the system I had it down. Overall, A very nice truck for the price with LOADS more room than I had before. Would highly reccommend

Expected more from a sport truck
By arbrn_hntr

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For being a sporty full size truck, I expected more luxuries. My biggest peeve is the WEAK stereo system. I traded in my Explorer Sport Trac Adrenaline package. I gave up my sliding rear window, moon roof, adjustable pedals, bed storage compartments, and killer sound system. Ford did a very poor job with this stereo setup in this truck. NO BASS, cheap speakers.

Favorite Features

Sync, 4.6L (small block V8), clearance

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system sound, more storage compartments under seats and in the be, DC plug in bed, more options for the FX2

There's a reason why these sell...
By student4life

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Truck for work purposes, and it's performed very well for over two years now. It's comfortable, very roomy, looks great, and gets over 800km per tank of gas (120L tank option). I always admire the fit / finish of the interior and it looks great when cleaned up. I have nearly 60,000 kms on it now and it's only been in the dealership for minor issues, like the tailgate and drivers door not closing perfectly, turns out just realigning the pins fixed it. Nothing else has been an issue, just scheduled oil changes and maintenance as per ford. It's got the 6 1/2 foot box so it's 20 feet long overall, but never been an issue to park or drive in the city, great turning radius.

Favorite Features

The interior fit and finish, just a great dash layout and looks of high quality. Great looking truck, even with a canopy. The 5.4L V8 sounds great and as far as trucks go gets the mileage I would expect, averaging just what Ford said on the sticker 14/20. The back seats have an enormous amount of room, far more than the GMC, Dodge (except Supercrew) and Toyota 1/2 tonne pickups. I have the NAV and love it, I can access climate control, audio controls, and NAV plus other things through the touch screen, or turn it off completely. Very happy with this truck and have no plans of moving into anything else for some time.

Suggested Improvements

The 5.4L V8 was the last one before the new three engine choices came out, so the power deficit these trucks suffer, compared to the competition (I think it's plenty) has already been addressed. I wouldnt change much, other than giving it a little more power.