Used 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great truck that should have come with boat oars..
By rabrothers

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new on May 31, 2010. It now has 31600 miles. I have not had any issues with it in terms of mechanical or electrical. I love how the truck feels when I drive it, it is very comfortable, and roomy. The mileage sucks, but if I was concerned about mileage I would not have bought it. In Mar 2015, I noticed moisture on the inside of the windshield, and since my windshield had been replaced I thought the new one had a leak... so had the windshield replaced again.. but again months later I had moisture on the inside of the windshield. I finally started doing some research online and found out that Ford has known for years that the sat antenna, and third brake lights leak into the cab. According to TSB 10-4-7 Ford F150's made before Jan 18, 2010, have the antenna problem. The technical bulletin calls for a bead of silicone around the gasket of the sat antenna. Once the brake light leaks, the only fix is a bead of silicone or replacement since Ford decided not to make a separate gasket for the lens. The cost of fixing both problems is $740.00 if you take it to a Ford dealer. My dealer refused to follow the guidelines of the TSB for the antenna since when they removed the old one, it had a bead of silicone around the gasket direct from the factory ( my vehicle was made in Mar 2010) so it appears that once Ford discovered the problems and published the TB, they decided to use the same antennas on all the vehicles that came out after the publication of the TB, and following the TB, just placed silicone on the gaskets as the trucks were being built. This fix does not work, as I can attest by my repair bill of $440.00 just for replacement of the antenna. I replaced the third brake light for $100. but an after marked brake light can be purchased for $35.00. I don't mind spending money on my truck due to fail wear and tear or normal maintenance, but I am really pissed about the cost of these repairs. If these problems showed up prior to the basic 3 year, 36000 mile warranty, Ford would be required to fix them under the basic warranty, even if you purchased the Extended warranty you are not covered for these problems. Ford used faulty parts on this truck and many others, they should have issued a recall and paid to fix all the problems. This is as much a health and safety hazard as it is an inconvenience. When water enters the truck over time mold and mildew will grow. The water also gets into the channels and door thresholds were the wiring is run for lights, windows etc., causing a safety and fire hazard. And the leaks are going to stain your rear seats, and headlined , and destroy your carpet. Ford has known of these problems back to 1998, based on the information I have found on the internet. I contacted Ford about this problem and they did listen and give me a case number, telling me they would contact my dealer and see if there was a program to help pay for cost of the repairs.. I don't expect Ford to do anything. I would not recommend any one buy a Ford F150 new or used until Ford can prove the problems are solved.

Outstanding truck after 16250 miles (26000 KM's)
By eubor

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this truck new in mid-Aug 2010 for around $35K, for our general contracting business. Having high expectations after reading all the reviews on this truck, and in our opinion, the only truck that successfully integrated reliability (one of the top requirements) functionality, comfort, fuel efficiency (relative to the size of engine in this case the 292HP, 3V 4.6 V8) and value for the money. GM trucks are good trucks no doubt, but they just can't compare to the F-150 in terms of refinement and overall long-term durability. After 7.5 months of ownership and hardwork this truck has proven to be extremely reliable, refined (very quite and smooth) and is helping our company make $.

Refined drive; its smooth, quite and well insulated from the outside world. It is a very well-rounded truck; meaning you can put it work all day, and then use it as a family vehicle when needed to do errands if required (plus top-safety scores). It has good gas mileage for a V8, the 4.6 is truly a proven engine in every aspect except I would say in HP (but no worries its plenty fast for a truck). And its VERY RELIABLE, not one issue after almost 8 months of hard use.

Add a drivers-side grab handle and again continual improvement in fuel efficiency is always good. And I hear of fuel-gauge issues when you park on slopes/grades, that definitely needs to be corrected (I have yet to experience this). Other than this, its an outstanding truck.

Love The Truck - BUT
By USAF Retired

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved my truck upon delivery. However, I quickly found out that when I parked slightly nose- down in my driveway or anywhere else, my fuel gauge and computer would set to "empty". It would not reset until after driving over 10 miles, so I took to dealer. Twice. Said since there is not a service bulletin out...nothing they can do! I don't trust the gauge, and I've posted many queries on F150 forums and no one else reports this problem. I'm hoping mine is unique. I've contacted Ford since my dealer can't (or won't) fix the issue. I hate paying $30,000 for a vehicle with such a malfunction. Other than this, the truck is comfortable and all I wanted it to be.

Comfortable seats, SYNC, chrome package.

Backup camera should be standard on all XLTs as a matter of safety; driver's assist handle.

Great Truck
By Daniel

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has a lot of power of course coming from a 07 150 with the 4.2 v6 anything would have a lot of power. Think this truck is complete fit and finish. I'm very happy that I bought this truck for me and my family to travel with. Ford has done a great job with this truck.

The Towing package, Bluetooth, rubber floor boards. Smooth driving and very quite ride.

Driver side grab handle, power locks and windows standard on all STX and above trucks. Why have bluetooth on a truck and not power locks and windows?

Surprised by Ford
By bevila

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

While I have been wanting a full size pickup for a while, it was on a whim that I drove the F-150 and I am glad I did. I was thinking about Toyota or Honda and after driving the Ford, there was no other choice. While this is a full size vehicle, I feel very comfortable driving it around the Northern Virginia area. It drives very well, the ride absorbs bumps in the rode, and the view over all the other cars is great. I am glad the Ford commercials sucked me in and convinced me to give Ford a try.

The huge cab. 6 footers fit in the back seat with plenty of room to spare. I really like the quality of the interior materials, and the ride is great for such a big vehicle.

It would be nice to see better MPG, but you don't own a vehicle like this for the MPG.