Used 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Outstanding truck after 16250 miles (26000 KM's)
By eubor

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this truck new in mid-Aug 2010 for around $35K, for our general contracting business. Having high expectations after reading all the reviews on this truck, and in our opinion, the only truck that successfully integrated reliability (one of the top requirements) functionality, comfort, fuel efficiency (relative to the size of engine in this case the 292HP, 3V 4.6 V8) and value for the money. GM trucks are good trucks no doubt, but they just can't compare to the F-150 in terms of refinement and overall long-term durability. After 7.5 months of ownership and hardwork this truck has proven to be extremely reliable, refined (very quite and smooth) and is helping our company make $.

Favorite Features

Refined drive; its smooth, quite and well insulated from the outside world. It is a very well-rounded truck; meaning you can put it work all day, and then use it as a family vehicle when needed to do errands if required (plus top-safety scores). It has good gas mileage for a V8, the 4.6 is truly a proven engine in every aspect except I would say in HP (but no worries its plenty fast for a truck). And its VERY RELIABLE, not one issue after almost 8 months of hard use.

Suggested Improvements

Add a drivers-side grab handle and again continual improvement in fuel efficiency is always good. And I hear of fuel-gauge issues when you park on slopes/grades, that definitely needs to be corrected (I have yet to experience this). Other than this, its an outstanding truck.

Love The Truck - BUT
By USAF Retired

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved my truck upon delivery. However, I quickly found out that when I parked slightly nose- down in my driveway or anywhere else, my fuel gauge and computer would set to "empty". It would not reset until after driving over 10 miles, so I took to dealer. Twice. Said since there is not a service bulletin out...nothing they can do! I don't trust the gauge, and I've posted many queries on F150 forums and no one else reports this problem. I'm hoping mine is unique. I've contacted Ford since my dealer can't (or won't) fix the issue. I hate paying $30,000 for a vehicle with such a malfunction. Other than this, the truck is comfortable and all I wanted it to be.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, SYNC, chrome package.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera should be standard on all XLTs as a matter of safety; driver's assist handle.

Great Truck
By Daniel

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has a lot of power of course coming from a 07 150 with the 4.2 v6 anything would have a lot of power. Think this truck is complete fit and finish. I'm very happy that I bought this truck for me and my family to travel with. Ford has done a great job with this truck.

Favorite Features

The Towing package, Bluetooth, rubber floor boards. Smooth driving and very quite ride.

Suggested Improvements

Driver side grab handle, power locks and windows standard on all STX and above trucks. Why have bluetooth on a truck and not power locks and windows?

Surprised by Ford
By bevila

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

While I have been wanting a full size pickup for a while, it was on a whim that I drove the F-150 and I am glad I did. I was thinking about Toyota or Honda and after driving the Ford, there was no other choice. While this is a full size vehicle, I feel very comfortable driving it around the Northern Virginia area. It drives very well, the ride absorbs bumps in the rode, and the view over all the other cars is great. I am glad the Ford commercials sucked me in and convinced me to give Ford a try.

Favorite Features

The huge cab. 6 footers fit in the back seat with plenty of room to spare. I really like the quality of the interior materials, and the ride is great for such a big vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to see better MPG, but you don't own a vehicle like this for the MPG.

Another Great Truck
By DeJer

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 4 Explorer's and a couple F-150's and this is the best yet. Great leg room, great styling. I got the 3 valve 4.6L and it pulls my 32' Travel Trailer (7700 lbs) no problem. Gas mileage has been averaging 19.4 with my first 10k miles. I agree with others: bed liner should be standard and a driver grab handle would be nice. Overall I would not change much. Not impressed with Southwest Ford in Weatherford,Tx., go somewhere else. I got the XLT, should have looked at Lariat, but overall a great truck with good looks and excellent mileage for a pick up. You can't go wrong.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, interior comfort and interior room. Sync is very cool with lots of features and at no extra charge for 3 years? Catch up Chevy.

Suggested Improvements

Bed Liner; Driver Grab Bar