2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Outstanding truck after 16250 miles (26000 KM's)
By eubor on 05/20/11 09:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this truck new in mid-Aug 2010 for around $35K, for our general contracting business. Having high expectations after reading all the reviews on this truck, and in our opinion, the only truck that successfully integrated reliability (one of the top requirements) functionality, comfort, fuel efficiency (relative to the size of engine in this case the 292HP, 3V 4.6 V8) and value for the money. GM trucks are good trucks no doubt, but they just can't compare to the F-150 in terms of refinement and overall long-term durability. After 7.5 months of ownership and hardwork this truck has proven to be extremely reliable, refined (very quite and smooth) and is helping our company make $.

8,000 Miles Update
By rpinks_99 on 04/27/11 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Beware if you park this truck on a sloped driveway. Or a side street for that matter if you're in the mountains. The location of the fuel sensor in the tank is a huge issue to me. This has happened since purchase, and local dealer refuses to address it other than "park it in the street". At just above the half-way mark on the fuel gauge, parking it nose down on a slight incline causes the gauge to read "E" and "0 Miles To Empty" the next startup. Gauge may creep up 1/4 tank or so, but not to the original level; that's after 25 miles or so. This is hugely inconvenient if my wife takes the truck and is unaware of how much fuel is in the tank. For $35,000 +, this seems ridiculous.

Nice truck but
By rabbit on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Strengths of the 2010 Ford F150 CrewCab are the exceptionally large and comfortable back seat, the keypad door lock, and the smooth and comfortable ride. Controls are confusing, but you learn. At 5500 miles the newly design sealed transmission starting leaking transmission fluid. It is a good truck if you are close to a dealer who can keep it running.

Move to the BIG .
By Kevin on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Traded the Ranger in on the half ton.This is a LARGE TRUCK. Plenty of space for all my landscaping gear! American's have pushed this vehicle.bDoes a half ton truck have to be this big? That said it hauls huge stuff, consumes huge fuel and is huge comfortable. Just working it, no symbol for me. Gun rack, chewing tobacco, country music nope. Work. Seems a stout truck.

Beat The Ram
By 00fxsts on 09/01/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was sold on the HEMI Ram after reading the reviews.. Have a Hemi in my '06 Grand Cherokee. A blast to drive, great engine. Terrible mileage but I did not buy the Hemi for mileage. Promised myself I would also drive the Ford but left the Dodge dealership sold on the Ram. Drove the Ford and started seeing many differences similar to my old Mountaineer that the Ram (Chrysler) does not have. The 150 seems to be sleeker with better visibility. Cab on Ram seemed big and somewhat chunkier. I drive a Semi so big is not an issue but I don't have to park it in the 'Mall of America' ramp on weekend shopping trips. Just felt better in the 150. Getting approx. 18 mpg combined after 3000 miles.

Ford First Time Buyer
By Carlos on 08/31/10 03:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had me eyes set on a Tundra, until saw and drove this vehicle, for the price you get more with the Ford. I have never owned a Ford. I have no regrets in buying, this looks and feels really good.

Blue Flame FX4 nicely loaded
By BMW on 08/27/10 00:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a Transit Connect for a while this year, and decided to trade it for the 2010 FX4 F150. Was a great move I think. The FX4 thus far impresses me as a very smooth ride. Barely touch the gas and this truck moves. Once in a while you get a little wheel hop in the back, but it's not felt up front by the driver. I like the styling and lines of the new F150. The box is the right size. Interior is plenty spacious for the single guy, although I do like the back floor space way better in the Super Crew. Love using all the features like Sunroof, power slider window, leather seats(seem durable although probably not the richest hides), + more. I think the 10 FX4 holds its own against any full size truck.

Love The Truck - BUT
By USAF Retired on 08/18/10 06:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved my truck upon delivery. However, I quickly found out that when I parked slightly nose- down in my driveway or anywhere else, my fuel gauge and computer would set to "empty". It would not reset until after driving over 10 miles, so I took to dealer. Twice. Said since there is not a service bulletin out...nothing they can do! I don't trust the gauge, and I've posted many queries on F150 forums and no one else reports this problem. I'm hoping mine is unique. I've contacted Ford since my dealer can't (or won't) fix the issue. I hate paying $30,000 for a vehicle with such a malfunction. Other than this, the truck is comfortable and all I wanted it to be.

The Beauty of it
By Big Stx on 08/10/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The one thing i know from a 96 to a 04 to a 2010 f150 is that for knows how to make a truck to withstand all the elements and still have a beautiful look about it. Yes you can have style and durability all in one. The f150 is to me the very best truck on the market, may not be the fastest or the sportiest but incorporates enough of all to well round the truck. You cab add so many aftermarket parts and accessories to just out right make this truck a masterpiece. Its just the beauty of the design. I'm in love for life baby. Thank you Ford, oh and by the way " didn't need no bail out money"

Great Truck
By Daniel on 07/28/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has a lot of power of course coming from a 07 150 with the 4.2 v6 anything would have a lot of power. Think this truck is complete fit and finish. I'm very happy that I bought this truck for me and my family to travel with. Ford has done a great job with this truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab in VA is:

$119 per month*