2010 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2 1/2 years of trouble-free dependability
By ford4sure on 09/22/14 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was the 2nd owner of this 2010 F150 Lariat. It had 33,000 on it and 3000 miles remaining on the warranty (of which expired 2 years ago) when I got it. Now it has 53,500 on it. I HAVE NOT done a thing to it except maintenance oil changes, rotate tires and put gas in it. Great dependability, good riding truck and a pleasure to drive. I occasionally pull a trailer but the truck does not even know it is back there. Very happy and very pleased with the truck and its quality. No issues what-so-ever. Good job Ford. Great Truck.

Issues with my F150
By doll3 on 04/27/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Brought the F150 Sept 2010 brand new and have 45,000 miles and brought the extended warranty thank goodness. Had radio issues and now doesn't work, three times it won't shift in that won't go past 35 miles. Have to stop turn off the truck and restart it to get it to work. Bucks at times. Dealership won't even look at it says can't do anything until the problem exist. Call Ford office and have a claim so next time it happens. Should have to go this far to get it fix and then only if the extended warranty covers it say's the dealer. Ford says a know issues dealer denies that statement. Won't buy another Ford again.

Initial Review
By meathead212121 on 02/22/14 14:11 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck about a week ago with just under 20k miles on it after trading in an 07' Mazda CX-9 with almost 69k on it. This is only an initial review and I will post a more longterm one after some time. The Build Quality of this truck is actually really good. All panels line up and even though there is slightly more hard plastic than I'd like on the interior it does give you the feel of luxury all around. There is LOADS of room in the back seat for lounging and the V-8 has plenty of power. I opted to not have the EcoBoost after hearing some issues it's currently having and I can't say I regret it. Truck purrs like a kitten and has an AMAZING ride

Why did I wait?
By susa4 on 07/17/13 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a review of my 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew bought new in March, 2010. I have 48,000 miles and zero defects or problems. The 4.6 24 v engine gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 68 mph using cruise control. This truck is so quite and rides so much better than our 2008 Ford Explorer. The interior room is abundant and the kids have plenty of room in the back seat. I have the original Michelin tires (but they should go after 5000 more miles). When I pull our 28 foot Greywolf travel trailer the mileage declines to 9-10 mph but I have no trouble towing and no problems with sway. The built-in trailer break is fantastic. Grab one ifyou are looking for a great used truck!

Expected more from a sport truck
By arbrn_hntr on 06/30/13 15:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For being a sporty full size truck, I expected more luxuries. My biggest peeve is the WEAK stereo system. I traded in my Explorer Sport Trac Adrenaline package. I gave up my sliding rear window, moon roof, adjustable pedals, bed storage compartments, and killer sound system. Ford did a very poor job with this stereo setup in this truck. NO BASS, cheap speakers.

There's a reason why these sell...
By student4life on 01/17/13 05:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Truck for work purposes, and it's performed very well for over two years now. It's comfortable, very roomy, looks great, and gets over 800km per tank of gas (120L tank option). I always admire the fit / finish of the interior and it looks great when cleaned up. I have nearly 60,000 kms on it now and it's only been in the dealership for minor issues, like the tailgate and drivers door not closing perfectly, turns out just realigning the pins fixed it. Nothing else has been an issue, just scheduled oil changes and maintenance as per ford. It's got the 6 1/2 foot box so it's 20 feet long overall, but never been an issue to park or drive in the city, great turning radius.

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 V8 5.4L
By horse4shoe on 09/15/12 03:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving my truck, its a fun to drive, nice smooth ride, not to bad on gas. I comes with great interior features, for example: a sport sonny sound system with a 700 watt amp in the rear and integrated sub.

2010 F150 XLT 5.4 4X4 Red
By rdevs on 01/12/12 19:47 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought the truck a few weeks ago with 16,000 miles on it. Was a rental and was a little nervous but paid trade value, warranty is still good for another 4 years, and not a dent on it or interior wear. Love the truck so far and have not a single problem with. Around town I get about 14.5 mpg and on the highway 16.5-17 mpg. More then enough power but down shifting can be very touchy and violent and up shifting is sometimes slow and not crisp but its not really a big deal. The interior is unreal with the amount of space. Seats are very comfortable and the sync system is great. I cant stop driving this thing and I cant wait to put some money in some performance mods to open her up.

Unstoppable Beast
By shaun5r on 11/20/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is wicked. Drives over everything with ease at all kinds of speeds. Medians, curbs, fallen trees, sand berms, The functionality is so impressive. It catches everyone's eye, and teenagers hang out their parents' minivan to take a picture of it on the highway! So far, max speed of 75mph off road in sand with full off-road, rear-locked, 4x4, and just simply [violative content deleted]. People have called it: wicked, awesome, menacing, mean, bad ass. Two drawbacks. Slow transmission shift. Very slow delay and it's very annoying to try and time acceleration around traffic. (passing) Also, one of the speakers is blown out after 4 months of owning it new. Covered by ford!

Nice truck but.....
By gs1150adv on 06/27/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 7 month and 13k miles and so far the truck is like new. Fit and finish is well done, but for a premium truck the Ford engineers left out some basics.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford F-150 in VA is:

$123 per month*