2010 Ford F-150 XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Sort Reviews by

2 1/2 years of trouble-free dependability
By ford4sure

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was the 2nd owner of this 2010 F150 Lariat. It had 33,000 on it and 3000 miles remaining on the warranty (of which expired 2 years ago) when I got it. Now it has 53,500 on it. I HAVE NOT done a thing to it except maintenance oil changes, rotate tires and put gas in it. Great dependability, good riding truck and a pleasure to drive. I occasionally pull a trailer but the truck does not even know it is back there. Very happy and very pleased with the truck and its quality. No issues what-so-ever. Good job Ford. Great Truck.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride. Roomy interior. Powerful 5.4-L V8. Love the cooled/vented front seats (I live in hot and humid Florida).

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic on the dashboard and between the front seat consol. It is easy to scratch. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Issues with my F150
By doll3

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Brought the F150 Sept 2010 brand new and have 45,000 miles and brought the extended warranty thank goodness. Had radio issues and now doesn't work, three times it won't shift in that won't go past 35 miles. Have to stop turn off the truck and restart it to get it to work. Bucks at times. Dealership won't even look at it says can't do anything until the problem exist. Call Ford office and have a claim so next time it happens. Should have to go this far to get it fix and then only if the extended warranty covers it say's the dealer. Ford says a know issues dealer denies that statement. Won't buy another Ford again.

Favorite Features

room in side the cab, beauty, good mileage for a truck good especially on the interstate.

Suggested Improvements

If Ford company knows that there are known issues with shift (they say this is computer issues) and radio's they should fix it.

Initial Review
By meathead212121

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck about a week ago with just under 20k miles on it after trading in an 07' Mazda CX-9 with almost 69k on it. This is only an initial review and I will post a more longterm one after some time. The Build Quality of this truck is actually really good. All panels line up and even though there is slightly more hard plastic than I'd like on the interior it does give you the feel of luxury all around. There is LOADS of room in the back seat for lounging and the V-8 has plenty of power. I opted to not have the EcoBoost after hearing some issues it's currently having and I can't say I regret it. Truck purrs like a kitten and has an AMAZING ride

Favorite Features

I Like the MyKey and Sync systems in the truck... We intend to let our kids drive it in the future and these are features that will help us keep control over some aspects of driving. Some of the interface can be a little confusing but with practice its really not that bad. Gas mileage for a full sized truck is reasonable... It is no compact car by any means but anyone purchasing a truck should already know they'll be spending more in gas. Ride is extremely smooth and its actually one of the quietest vehicles I've ever driven. Steering is dead on the money for a truck and the 4x4 works very quickly and efficiently to help me get through the touch ND winters

Suggested Improvements

I've heard rumors about a clutch in the rear diff... I feel this was a poor design for a limited slip and if I start to have problems I'll be sure to include them later. Some of the interior pieces are very cheap feeling but from what I've seen of the new body style for 15' this is something that has been addressed very well. Some of the Mykey and Sync interfaces are very confusing to navigate (even without a nav system) but this wasn't a deal breaker for me. Being technologically inclined after a few run-thru's of the system I had it down. Overall, A very nice truck for the price with LOADS more room than I had before. Would highly reccommend

Why did I wait?
By susa4

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a review of my 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew bought new in March, 2010. I have 48,000 miles and zero defects or problems. The 4.6 24 v engine gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 68 mph using cruise control. This truck is so quite and rides so much better than our 2008 Ford Explorer. The interior room is abundant and the kids have plenty of room in the back seat. I have the original Michelin tires (but they should go after 5000 more miles). When I pull our 28 foot Greywolf travel trailer the mileage declines to 9-10 mph but I have no trouble towing and no problems with sway. The built-in trailer break is fantastic. Grab one ifyou are looking for a great used truck!

Suggested Improvements

A magic genie to park it in tight spots!

Expected more from a sport truck
By arbrn_hntr

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For being a sporty full size truck, I expected more luxuries. My biggest peeve is the WEAK stereo system. I traded in my Explorer Sport Trac Adrenaline package. I gave up my sliding rear window, moon roof, adjustable pedals, bed storage compartments, and killer sound system. Ford did a very poor job with this stereo setup in this truck. NO BASS, cheap speakers.

Favorite Features

Sync, 4.6L (small block V8), clearance

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system sound, more storage compartments under seats and in the be, DC plug in bed, more options for the FX2

There's a reason why these sell...
By student4life

2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my Truck for work purposes, and it's performed very well for over two years now. It's comfortable, very roomy, looks great, and gets over 800km per tank of gas (120L tank option). I always admire the fit / finish of the interior and it looks great when cleaned up. I have nearly 60,000 kms on it now and it's only been in the dealership for minor issues, like the tailgate and drivers door not closing perfectly, turns out just realigning the pins fixed it. Nothing else has been an issue, just scheduled oil changes and maintenance as per ford. It's got the 6 1/2 foot box so it's 20 feet long overall, but never been an issue to park or drive in the city, great turning radius.

Favorite Features

The interior fit and finish, just a great dash layout and looks of high quality. Great looking truck, even with a canopy. The 5.4L V8 sounds great and as far as trucks go gets the mileage I would expect, averaging just what Ford said on the sticker 14/20. The back seats have an enormous amount of room, far more than the GMC, Dodge (except Supercrew) and Toyota 1/2 tonne pickups. I have the NAV and love it, I can access climate control, audio controls, and NAV plus other things through the touch screen, or turn it off completely. Very happy with this truck and have no plans of moving into anything else for some time.

Suggested Improvements

The 5.4L V8 was the last one before the new three engine choices came out, so the power deficit these trucks suffer, compared to the competition (I think it's plenty) has already been addressed. I wouldnt change much, other than giving it a little more power.

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 V8 5.4L
By horse4shoe

2010 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving my truck, its a fun to drive, nice smooth ride, not to bad on gas. I comes with great interior features, for example: a sport sonny sound system with a 700 watt amp in the rear and integrated sub.

Favorite Features

the V8 5.4L and the electronics.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should have made that V8 5.4L with at least 350 HP not 310 which is no so much for that big V8. Ford should have figured out on how to power that 700watt amp because if you leave the ignition switch on the ON position it will drain your battery.

2010 F150 XLT 5.4 4X4 Red
By rdevs

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought the truck a few weeks ago with 16,000 miles on it. Was a rental and was a little nervous but paid trade value, warranty is still good for another 4 years, and not a dent on it or interior wear. Love the truck so far and have not a single problem with. Around town I get about 14.5 mpg and on the highway 16.5-17 mpg. More then enough power but down shifting can be very touchy and violent and up shifting is sometimes slow and not crisp but its not really a big deal. The interior is unreal with the amount of space. Seats are very comfortable and the sync system is great. I cant stop driving this thing and I cant wait to put some money in some performance mods to open her up.

Favorite Features

5.4, SYNC, interior space, console storage, performance, towing performance, and build quality

Suggested Improvements

transmission was more crisp/decisive in shifting, wish ford still had a manual transmission for the F150, more space under the rear seats a tool box barley fits underneath

Unstoppable Beast
By shaun5r

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is wicked. Drives over everything with ease at all kinds of speeds. Medians, curbs, fallen trees, sand berms, The functionality is so impressive. It catches everyone's eye, and teenagers hang out their parents' minivan to take a picture of it on the highway! So far, max speed of 75mph off road in sand with full off-road, rear-locked, 4x4, and just simply [violative content deleted]. People have called it: wicked, awesome, menacing, mean, bad ass. Two drawbacks. Slow transmission shift. Very slow delay and it's very annoying to try and time acceleration around traffic. (passing) Also, one of the speakers is blown out after 4 months of owning it new. Covered by ford!

Favorite Features

Favorite Features: - Sync & Bluetooth! Love it! - Off Road mode (Seriously impressive) - The look (Very aggressive) - Pre-wired switchbox

Suggested Improvements

Improvements: - Get off-road lights! - Spray bedliner and rolling tonneau cover.

Nice truck but.....
By gs1150adv

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 7 month and 13k miles and so far the truck is like new. Fit and finish is well done, but for a premium truck the Ford engineers left out some basics.

Favorite Features

20 in rims are a nice touch. Very polished look, but do rub the fender on bumpy cornering Overall a nice truck. Don't think I'll change anytime soon. The retractable step is a very nice feature that hopefully won't get copied. This would be nice on F250's or 350's. Might need to move up buy really like that feature not available on other model Ford trucks. Cab is very room and comfortable, and towing is pretty good (25 ft Cobalt with no problem).

Suggested Improvements

Platinum package lacks telescopic steering wheel, and at least the front door windows should be one touch. Yes, it works for the Divers door DOWN but no UP (nothing for passengers - bummer). Really Ford Engineers Should this not be part of a basic package...2000 BMW, 2003 Nissan Pathfinder, Benz, VW all have it. 2010 Ford PLATINUM missed the mark. Paying 45K it's ok to add another 100 dollars for this feature. Also, the turn signal change lane (3 bursts) is not included either. 2007 Dodge Ram has it. 20 inch rims and tires are nice but rub on tight bumpy turns. Tires started feathering and dealer said they were not really good tires, so Michelins will be installed as soon as these wear out.