Used 2010 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Grand Everyday Work Truck
By Kevin Schappacher

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

2010 xlt 4x4 f 150
By M long

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It is in very GOOD shape

It so easy to fall in love with
By Shannon

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The worse thing about this truck in 2w drive is it comes with Pirelli Scorpion tires. They are loud and they don't last very long. From experience, my next set of tires were BF Goodrich Long Trails. They are quite and they will last 3 to 4 times longer than the Pirelli's. I have had not leaks into the cab and I have had it for 6 years and 78k miles on it. I did add an after market alarm (Viper). My last Lariat had 1 break in and two other attempts of theft of vehicle or break ins. It rides smooth. I did get the extended warranty. It supposedly a bumper to bumper warranty. I guess I will find out when something goes out in the next 22k miles. I have had no major problems with it. I did have to tranny software reloaded because of hard shifting and had it in because of the Sony amp went out. I did have it in for what I thought was "tranny clutch plates" going out in an automatic. Not even, they thought it was something in the rear end and replaced it and it still did go away. There was some kind of letter put out by Ford stating that the drive shaft need to be lubricated every 2 to 3 years because where the drive shaft meets the tranny needs to slide in and out because the rear end moves up and down. This only happens when you first start off and in harsh terrain, which most truck driver won't experience.
This took 2wks to figure out, but Ford put me in a renter till they figured it out. :o) It was FX2 with the 2l eco boost. That thing is too fast 0 to60. It feels light and nimble.
My truck is a stock truck in the Lariat trim. It is roomy front and back. I can carry 3 full grown men (football players) and had no complaint, but complements on how room it was .

Average.
By Phil

2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

2010 4Dr XLT F150 5.4L 3.31GR 145WB
So far this has been a fair ride. Had issues with the tranny shifting. Had to argue with the dealer about it. They finally re-loaded the software for the tranny and it is working good now. No cost to fix.
At 60,000 miles the exhaust manifold crack. Out of warranty. $1000 to fix. Appears to be a known issue.
Had to put silicone around the cargo light. Water stained the liner. This also a known issue.
Basic model. No fancy electronics. Just a radio and CD player. Manual temp controls.
Currently pull a 6500 lb travel trailer. Have not had any issues with that.
Over all pleased. Basic issues. No show stoppers. Just maintain and should be good.
As my Dad always told me "If you can't maintain the vehicle you have, you can't afford a new one"

2010 F150 super crew platinum
By KF

2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Original tires wore out at 33k miles , headliner saged after 41k miles (Ford now uses Velcro to attach headliner to roof...REALLY?) after 2 trips to Ford they finally sent it to upholstery shop to glue headliner. Now at 46k miles passenger heater and defrost are out! this is my 5th F150 (all bought new) since 1998 and is my LAST...Ford , I've had it...next truck/suv won't be a Ford. Oh and the 2005 F150 i had the transmission went out at 20k miles and even though it was under warranty it was a NIGHTMARE getting Ford to replace it...after 8-9 trips to try and fix it they FINALLY replaced it...think long and hard before you buy an F150