Wow!
By j.m. on
2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I am an F-150 man all the way. I still have my 05 FX-4, now with 84,000 miles, and it has been great, not one issue what so-ever. I tow horse trailers on the regular, and I have already towed horses with this new one, and it is just plain phenomenal. I love it. Everything that was great about the 05 is even greater in the 09, and the very few things I would have changed in the 05, they did so in the 09. The 5.4 is still no racer, but linked to the 6 auto trans, this thing tows 8000 pounds plus thru the mountains so easily. I didn't think they could have improved on the 04 redesign this much but leave it to Ford to make such a great truck. All their vehicles should be this great.
Favorite Features
Awesome Sony sound Sync and nav system. So comfortable. Driving to Virginia so easy with the beautiful interior. The FX-4 rocks...handles awesome, brakes incredible, trailer sway control, airbags everywhere, so many amenities, 6 auto trans, crew cab space with 6.5 ft bed. I can't say enough!
Suggested Improvements
They improved everything I said I wanted changed about my 05 FX-4 (see my review for 05 FX-4 (still flyin in my FX-4) posted 5-29-08. Maybe some slight button clutter in the center stack with all the options, and I wish I could get front sonar like it has for reverse.