Nice Truck
By steviewonder 20 on
2009 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Great ride, very comfortable and quiet. Got the 5.4 engine as I got a great deal on an advertised package, and the mileage only 1 mpg less. Getting about 14 mpg in the city, about the same as my old 97 f150 4.7 v- 8. I noticed in consumer reports, they mentioned the truck engine to be a little loud, and the ride a little rough. Wow, I would have to disagree. This engine and tranny is silky smooth and quiet, everyone comments on that who has been in the truck. I test drove some other trucks, but this one really feels luxurious.
Favorite Features
Overall comfort and ride. Really comfortable seats except for the silly headrests. The sync electronics better that the system in my wifes new lexus, can access phone info, ipod playlists, no problems.
Suggested Improvements
The headrest is just plain bad,Your head is always pointed forward a bit, if it was just a little less pronounce, it wouldn't be a problem. Removing the headreast or reversing them didn't solve the problem for me. Also, the old ford ignition position was better, wimpy stock tire size.