I keep raving about it!
By j.m. on
2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Yes it's me again. I just keep on reviewing this great truck (read still wowed from 10/13/2010) and still raving about it. Only problem is, I recently had a chance to drive 2 of Ford's new 2011 F150 engines. first was a 5.0 powered Lariat 4x4 with a 3.55 rear. Versus my 5.4 and 3.73 combo, this truck steadily outpaced mine. Torque happy down low for being just 5.0 liters, yet loves to rev and run on the highway. Next was a 4x4 FX-4 with ecoboost 3.5 and 3.73 rear, supercrew 5.5 bed, WOW! Fast! NOT FAIR! Now i will admit the ol' 5.4 seems a lil tepid, after driving these two beasts. Very refined sounding, 5.0 sounds sexy!! I still love my 5.4 powered 2009, but ...
Favorite Features
I just put in an order for a 2011 5.0 powered supercrew 6.5 foot bed fx-4 with 3.73 rear. Not only the engine, but the updated for 2010 and up brakes, new electric steering, and multi function lcd display are phenomenal! The rest of the truck will be same as my 2009. My cousin is buying my 09.
Suggested Improvements
Why couldn't Ford have been 2 yrs earlier with these engines? I do have to say, this 09 is AWESOME! With 50k on it, still feels brand new. Not one hiccup. My 05 FX4 with 105k still GR8 also. Resale GR8 on my 09, cousin buying it from me. He is excited to get my 09, and I am excited for my 11.