Great Truck...
By Wally on
2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
Ford has really done there homework on this one. I traded in my 2007 Dodge Ram for my new 2009 F-150 the only thing I miss is the hemi engine. Other than the lack of a little power over the hemi this truck is light years better than the Dodge in every other way. This truck is fun to drive! The power from the new 5.4 is nothing to laugh at though. This will serve me just fine. The only thing I notice is the inside door panels push you in the truck to keep you away from the windows so as in an accident your not in the way of the side curtain air bags. This makes it just a little uncomfortable however nothing you couldn't get use to. Look around at this truck, you'll find a lot of neat things!
Favorite Features
The "SYNC" system is unbelievable. The room in the cab is almost as much as the "Super Duty's" The safety Ford built into this new 2009 is next to none. I also like the sound of the exhaust, Ford also redesigned this to make it sound throatier. The six speed transmission makes this truck jump alive.
Suggested Improvements
Grab handle on the driver's A post. Ford also needs to come up with a solution to stop the nasty break dust! They put nice wheels in these trucks just to have them all yucked up with break dust. I only have 600 miles on my truck and I'm thinking about having the brakes done with better brake pads.