Great truck!!
By jbspray_77 on
2009 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Wanted to write a review right when I got this truck, but figured I'd give it a few miles. After only logging 12,000 miles on my previous "brand X" truck, and taking it to the service department monthly, I am extremely please with me F-150. This is my first ford truck, and it won't be my last. Very comfortable, reliable, and tastful interior. It functions great in regular truck duties, and as a family hauler. I found a dealership that sold for $100 over invoice, so I ended up getting this truck for almost $7000 under sticker. Gas mileage is, however, dismal. I don't have a heavy foot, but do drive in traffic daily. I average about 15mpg.
Favorite Features
Favorite features..all of them. The easy to use touch screen infotainment system, the heated and cooled seats, and the large seats and mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
Heated rear seats. Or remote start on all models, not just the top of the line Platinum. Chevy puts it on just about everything.
By unhappyf150
on 03/11/13 14:42 PM (PDT)

When I first got my 2009 Ford F150 Crewcab 4x4, I was thrilled. I was thrilled until a waterfall of water soaked my headliner, backseats and floorboard. I had to put a dehumidifier in the back seat in order to remove all the moister, after I'd wet-vacced out the swimming pool on my floorboard, and, particularly, the underseat jack compartment. It may have taken longer for us to detect the seriousness of the leak, since we never use the backseats. We normally just keep them up, using the backseat area for cargo space. We took friends to dinner and both had soaking wet hindends. We checked it out after the next heavy rain to discover a continuing run of water out of the rear headliner. The dealership's action? "It's not our problem, as it's over 36,000 miles."